English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Gaming

Old 13 January 2016, 11:08   #441
Cpt. Hindsight

I don't know if it's good yet, but I purchased Dino Eggs: Rebirth yesterday.

I'll love it if it's just as good as the Apple II, C64 classic from 1983.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 13 January 2016, 11:48   #442
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

I've been playing Undertale lately: http://store.steampowered.com/app/391540/

It has a perfect 10/10 on Steam and it won "BEST. GAME. EVER." on GameFAQ's 2015 poll.

One of the best soundtracks I've heard in ages, the art style is retro and charming and the writing is top-notch.

It isn't your classic JRPG though... There's a twist - you can win the game without killing any monsters

If you loved Earthbound, you're going to love Undertale to bits.

So what are you all waiting for? Go play it!
Old 14 January 2016, 11:17   #443
Cpt. Hindsight

Life of Pixel

It's a nice little platformer. You're playing as a green pixel in a retro computer museum from ZX-81 to C64 to Amiga (13 worlds). The soundtrack is ace.

Old 14 January 2016, 14:55   #444
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Hindsight View Post
Life of Pixel

It's a nice little platformer. You're playing as a green pixel in a retro computer museum from ZX-81 to C64 to Amiga (13 worlds). The soundtrack is ace.

Oh nice! A platformer with this concept appeals more to me than an RPG (evoland) or an FPS (bedlam). Nicely priced too.
Old 18 January 2016, 19:22   #445
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Steam version of Punch Club for $4 only, if you get it directly from them, at http://tinybuild.com/punchclub, and use codes EZEKIEL and TENCHI.

PS: Be quick about it, it wasn't suppose to be leaked and will deactivate in the next ~11 hours according to the dev post at reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/c...lub_49950_off/

Last edited by Shoonay; 18 January 2016 at 19:31.
Old 27 January 2016, 14:51   #446
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Been playing This War of Mine lately.

Amazing game, really nice atmosphere. Gets really tough after a while, especially if you try to not do any wrong moral choices (like stealing food from an old couple)

Gets a bit repetitive after a while, admittedly, but maybe it's because I'm really conservative with my survivors and I don't send them to new, dangerous areas
Old 27 January 2016, 23:22   #447
TCD

Iron Fisticle

Steam blurp: "A modern take on the classic arcade arena shooter."

Pretty much a very well done one screen twin stick shooter with rogue-whatever elements. Just ticks all the right boxes here, so make sure you give it a try

Edit: It's on sale in the Humble Bundle store for under 2$ right now https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p...cle_storefront
Old 01 February 2016, 20:37   #448
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Hindsight View Post
Life of Pixel

Life of a Pixel is in new 'Bundles Star' Pixel attack Bundle: https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundl...-attack-bundle

1.99 first 24 hours for 8 games.
Old 02 February 2016, 21:04   #449
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoonay View Post
Yet another awesome cutesy indie game called Grow Home: http://store.steampowered.com/app/323320/
You can grab it now for $1 in the new Humble Ubisoft Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/
Old 03 February 2016, 00:54   #450
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
Iron Fisticle

Steam blurp: "A modern take on the classic arcade arena shooter."

Pretty much a very well done one screen twin stick shooter with rogue-whatever elements. Just ticks all the right boxes here, so make sure you give it a try

[/url]
This game confused the shit out of me for the 7 minutes I played it

Here's a different type of indie gaming stuff I got: Five Nights at Freddies... the book. Too bad I couldn't get it as an eBook, but I'll be curious to see what an indie game dev can write up.

Edit: and before I forget, check out this Fallout 3 inspired indie RPG called [ Show youtube player ].

Last edited by gimbal; 03 February 2016 at 15:12.
Old 15 February 2016, 21:41   #451
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Finally bought Catacomb Kids because for some reason I like to play impossible indie games.

Yep. Died within 2 seconds in a spike trap. Basically this game is as hard or even harder than Rick Dangerous 2. But the gameplay mechanics are brilliant, well worth investing the time in to Git Gud at it.
Old 16 February 2016, 12:15   #452
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Played and finished Punch Club lately on Android - horrible waste of time as the game has clearly been rushed and the mid-to-late game content is inexistent. Had to cheat my way through as the game is unbalanced for STR builds.

On top of that, the ending is truly one of the worst I've seen in the last few years
Old 28 February 2016, 13:44   #453
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Stardew Valley. I mean this game is just a huge rip-off of Harvest Moon and a little bit of Animal Crossing. Two games I am not ashamed to admit I have played a lot on the Nintendo DS platforms.

And that makes it a wonderfully relaxing game to have. Beautiful pixel art, nice tunes, just relax and build up that farm. Not every game has to be about pew pew pews and feeding the ego. Some games you just need to play with a smile on your face.

This is that game.
Old 29 February 2016, 17:57   #454
gogoac

I'm a bit confused. Are they working on an AGA version of the indie game "Curious Expedition" or is this just some kind of playing around / joke? Anyone knows more?

https://twitter.com/awsm9000/status/703146149763395584
Old 29 February 2016, 19:52   #455
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Two games I am not ashamed to admit I have played a lot on the Nintendo DS platforms.
Is this your try at social suicide??
Old 29 February 2016, 23:44   #456
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Is this your try at social suicide??
To commit social suicide, one first has to be social and not a hermit playing only computer games.

To be honest the Animal Crossing I got for free with my 3DS so I thought "why not" and was moderately entertained with it for a month or so and then got sick and tired of the daily commitment... Harvest Moon is another bitch, that game had me hooked but is at the same time waaaay to time-consuming to really do stuff in like build out your farm.

Stardew Valley from what I've binge-played for now is a lot more balanced, you can get things done in more realistic time frames and without grinding. But beware: hard to put down. Just one more day, no those cauliflowers will be grown then...
Old 11 April 2016, 10:27   #457
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Not bought it yet but I've been watching streams to verify its quality: Enter the Gungeon is pretty much your perfect twin-stick shooter. Its hard but not too hard. Its fast but not too fast. Its basically what I would want Nuclear Throne to be.

The graphical style is amazing also, there is so much lively animation in it for a pixel-art game.
Old 13 April 2016, 10:39   #458
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I don't know where this game has been hiding from me, but I stumbled onto it on Youtube just two days ago and in the last two days not only fell completely in love with it but also realized that many people around me have already been playing it for ages and loving it. Apparently you need to know the secret handshake before you're allowed to join in that fun.

That game is Factorio, and it pretty much embodies everything I want to see in a game.
Old 13 April 2016, 19:56   #459
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
I don't know where this game has been hiding from me, but I stumbled onto it on Youtube just two days ago and in the last two days not only fell completely in love with it but also realized that many people around me have already been playing it for ages and loving it. Apparently you need to know the secret handshake before you're allowed to join in that fun.

That game is Factorio, and it pretty much embodies everything I want to see in a game.
On my wishlist so apparently I didn't know the secret hand-shake either
Old 13 April 2016, 22:03   #460
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Seems only Fiss on my list know that handshake... nobody else.

Interesting game, wonder how long before gets too complicated...

Last edited by Anubis; 13 April 2016 at 22:13.
AdSense AdSense