English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Gaming

Old 03 November 2014, 05:38   #281
TCD

Somebody played an 'indie' 'game' for 10 minutes and made a video of it: [ Show youtube player ]
Oh, the guy is a quite popular internet personality and people might actually watch this

Naturally as a grown up developer you make an adult response to this video: [ Show youtube player ]

And the reaction to it by the guy that made the original video: [ Show youtube player ] (you can feel that he's really amused by it )

Just comedy gold.

Last edited by TCD; 03 November 2014 at 10:08.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 03 November 2014, 09:14   #282
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Somebody should tell the "Review TheReviewers" guy that wasn't a review...
Old 03 November 2014, 13:52   #283
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Yeah, its another "Garry's Incident".

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 03 November 2014, 17:36   #284
TCD

The Garry's Incident... incident looks very mature compared to this

@Shoons
If that would be his only problem
Old 03 November 2014, 18:00   #285
Shoonay
Global Caturator

@TCD: Can't wait to check how badly it will turn out for the moron who can't see his game sucks, keep us posted

@gimby: how did that "incident" end? I remember the dev giving some retarded excuse he miss-clicked or something taking that vid down...

PS: There's also this moron who wanted to kill GabeN: http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/20/70...ty-steam-valve
But at least had the balls to step down: http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/21/70...per-steps-down
Or was forced to by his colleagues after basically destroying the face of their company.

Oh internet drama queens, you never fail to entertain... it's funny how it's always the crappier the game the shittier the PR.

Last edited by Shoonay; 03 November 2014 at 18:11.
Old 03 November 2014, 18:14   #286
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
The Garry's Incident... incident looks very mature compared to this
That's certainly true - I did find the comment done by TotalBiscuit (the victim of the Garry's Incident Incident) in the "response" video rather amusing.

Quote:

Code:
You are a f*cking idiot.
I wonder how many likes that is ultimately going to obtain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoonay View Post
@gimby: how did that "incident" end? I remember the giving some retarded excuse he miss-clicked or something taking that vid down...
Don't really know, I didn't see any follow up news about it. Of course the guy did posts in the Steam forums which already disprove this "miss-click" baloney, as seen in the video I linked to.

These people need to learn that if they want to perform shenanigans like people have been doing for centuries, then don't leave an online trail of bread crumbs that people can shove in the faces belonging to the eyes and ears you want to mislead. If you want to lie and cheat: be smart about it.

Last edited by TCD; 03 November 2014 at 18:39. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 04 November 2014, 02:02   #287
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Just picked up Five Nights at Freddy's. Couldn't sleep properly last night.
Old 04 November 2014, 10:29   #288
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Five Nights at Freddy's is proper scary, even though it has almost zero gameplay. Its the kind of game that makes you paranoid enough to lose hair. I've just completed night 3 (the proper way - power running out, Freddy gratefully playing the long version of his song and then at the very last second where its either live or die you see the clock), it tends to take me a couple of days to muster up the willpower to go try another night and possibly get a massive heart attack

The entire lore around the game just creeps it up a hundred times more, when you manage to complete it I suggest reading through the wiki. While you're playing the game you tend to be so tense that you miss all the tiny snippets of story that are in the game in the form of posters and announcements.

http://freddy-fazbears-pizza.wikia.c...reddy%27s_Wiki
Old 05 November 2014, 13:05   #289
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Well, curiosity won out and I took your cue to read up on the back story, but before I had completed the game. Like you, I'm stuck on Night 4, when the animatronics seem to go haywire with aggression, and I agree that the lore makes the game 100 times spookier. I didn't think that was possible!

I've owned the game for a few days now, and I openly admit that it is interrupting my sleep. Given the subject matter, you initially don't think it will be too scary at the outset, only to find that it is a deeply disturbing experience. I honestly don't know if I will be able to finish it.

The only other game to have had this effect on me was the Shalebridge Cradle level in Thief 3. That stage was truly something else, and is an experience I never want to revisit again.
Old 05 November 2014, 14:13   #290
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

And part 2 is already underway...

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 07 November 2014, 12:49   #291
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Here is the opposite of the intent of this thread: an indie game you really do NOT want to buy. And that is "7 days to die". Not only is it the dreaded Early Access, why oh why out of all the available zombie-survival-online games (Rust, DayZ, the Forest) did I pick this one? Well I can say the why, it was on a discount and let's plays of early builds of the game made it seem like it was fun. I should have wondered why there weren't more recent let's plays.

- it looks crap; I could forgive that but it looks crap like the models in the game were just yanked from the internet and thrown together; it has no feel to it at all

- as unforgiving to new players as you can possibly make it. 7 minutes to die is more like it

- there don't seem to be "official" servers so you're just playing around in the minefields that other people have created over a time period of two years

- the crafting system is daft, cluttered and very poorly thought out (which wasn't the case a year ago when it was a lot simpler!), the menu system is very dire.

- they opted to introduce generated worlds, which means they look as thrown together as you can possibly make them

What - the - hell. Do yourself a favor and get either Rust or the Forest of you must have a game like this.
Old 07 November 2014, 13:10   #292
Shoonay
Global Caturator

But those are completely different games!

Yes the main subject is survival, but:
- 7 Days to Die is Minecraft with zombies, lot's of building and gathering resources, you can freely shape the world with blocks.
- Dayz is multiplayer realistic military sandbox with zombies, but the true enemies are the players.
- Forest is SINGLE PLAYER ONLY survival game with the emphasis to atmosphere, the wildlife after you and building your shelter.
- Rust is currently 2 games in one, the Legacy, the original demo people were mad about getting their hands on after Garry released it which is a military survival with the emphasis on building your shelter and crafting, with the wildlife and other players after you, and the Experimental which is less based on the military aspect more on crafting your shelter and many different outfits.

There's also Don't Starve, FarSky, Stomping Lands, Unturned...
Old 07 November 2014, 19:35   #293
Cpt. Hindsight

Here's one for the people still loving top-down racers.

Little Racers Street is available at the game's site, steam or for a bargain at the current Indieroyale Mixer 11 bundle.
Old 07 November 2014, 20:03   #294
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Hindsight View Post
Here's one for the people still loving top-down racers.

Little Racers Street is available at the game's site, steam or for a bargain at the current Indieroyale Mixer 11 bundle.
Okay, looks absolutely awesome and apparently everyone on this site already has it - but me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoonay View Post
But those are completely different games!

Yes the main subject is survival, but:
- 7 Days to Die is Minecraft with zombies, lot's of building and gathering resources, you can freely shape the world with blocks.
- Dayz is multiplayer realistic military sandbox with zombies, but the true enemies are the players.
- Forest is SINGLE PLAYER ONLY survival game with the emphasis to atmosphere, the wildlife after you and building your shelter.
- Rust is currently 2 games in one, the Legacy, the original demo people were mad about getting their hands on after Garry released it which is a military survival with the emphasis on building your shelter and crafting, with the wildlife and other players after you, and the Experimental which is less based on the military aspect more on crafting your shelter and many different outfits.

There's also Don't Starve, FarSky, Stomping Lands, Unturned...
Agree that they have different themes (And yes the forest isn't even multiplayer) but they're still very much the same games. They all emphasize sandbox survival and crafting, the gritty details of there being zombies or not is pretty irrelevant.

I stick to my main point - don't get 7DtD willy nilly like I stupidly did.
Old 07 November 2014, 20:53   #295
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
I stick to my main point - don't get 7DtD willy nilly like I stupidly did.
Hey hey, I'm not protecting those games and saying that you have to like them.
The real problem here is your lack of companionship my friend. These games shine with a good buddy on the other end talking to you and protecting your butt while you craft something or scavange, etc.
Old 08 November 2014, 01:32   #296
Gzegzolka

I like to play from time to time Spelunky and Broforce, also Frogatto was good game.
Old 10 November 2014, 22:01   #297
EreWeGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Here is the opposite of the intent of this thread: an indie game you really do NOT want to buy. And that is "7 days to die". Not only is it the dreaded Early Access, why oh why out of all the available zombie-survival-online games (Rust, DayZ, the Forest) did I pick this one? Well I can say the why, it was on a discount and let's plays of early builds of the game made it seem like it was fun. I should have wondered why there weren't more recent let's plays.

- it looks crap; I could forgive that but it looks crap like the models in the game were just yanked from the internet and thrown together; it has no feel to it at all

- as unforgiving to new players as you can possibly make it. 7 minutes to die is more like it

- there don't seem to be "official" servers so you're just playing around in the minefields that other people have created over a time period of two years

- the crafting system is daft, cluttered and very poorly thought out (which wasn't the case a year ago when it was a lot simpler!), the menu system is very dire.

- they opted to introduce generated worlds, which means they look as thrown together as you can possibly make them

What - the - hell. Do yourself a favor and get either Rust or the Forest of you must have a game like this.
Gimbal, if you like the survival/zombie/crafting/sandbox type game, then do yourself a favour and check out Project Zomboid:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/108600/
There's even a demo you can try...
Old 14 November 2014, 21:22   #298
Shoonay
Global Caturator

This War of Mine is just out: http://store.steampowered.com/app/282070

[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 17 November 2014, 00:05   #299
TCD

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 17 November 2014, 00:09   #300
Cpt. Hindsight

Well, you could give this one a try while waiting:
http://gamejolt.com/games/action/wai...or-2014/21547/
I know, it's not one of the latest releases, but still amongst the best.
AdSense AdSense