English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 01 June 2005, 19:54   #1
CodeHunter

n00b question about ADF, IPF and Plug-Ins

Hi All,
I am glad to be part of these great communities! It brings back a lot of fond and enjoyable memories!

OK, I am very new to the whole scene and would like to know:

1 - How can I "force" WinUAE to load my configuration? Where do I need to put an IPF plug-in (for IPF games).

2 - Why my mouse/keyboard or Joystick do not work in a given game?

3- Why do I get blank screen (white or black) when I run some games? (tested OK)

Any help would be grealy appreciated.

Old 01 June 2005, 20:10   #2
amigauser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeHunter
Hi All,
I am glad to be part of these great communities! It brings back a lot of fond and enjoyable memories!

OK, I am very new to the whole scene and would like to know:

1 - How can I "force" WinUAE to load my configuration? Where do I need to put an IPF plug-in (for IPF games).

2 - Why my mouse/keyboard or Joystick do not work in a given game?

3- Why do I get blank screen (white or black) when I run some games? (tested OK)

Any help would be grealy appreciated.
Run WinUAE.

1. Click on the configuration tab. If you have configuration files you will see them listed. Click once on a name and it will load into Winuae.This will allow you to tweak the config file if you need to.Click on the start button and the game should load.Alternatively, you can double click on a config file and the game will load.If you see no files then your config files if you have any are in the wrong directory.You can get an IPF plugin from Project CAPS. I think that it's placed in the WinUAE "Plugins" folder, but details are usually with the plugin file.

2.You can set up mouse/joystick/keyboard under the game i/o tab, just click on that and click the options you want.

3.Could be a number of reasons e.g. game is slow to load, the ADF file is missing, the ADF file is corrupt.No doubt more seasoned WinUAE users can give you other reasons.

Hope this helps.
Old 01 June 2005, 20:21   #3
CodeHunter

I figured the Joystick!

Is there any way to speed-up the load times? Thanks!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by CodeHunter; 01 June 2005 at 20:37.

Old 01 June 2005, 20:27   #4
amigauser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeHunter
Thanks for your response. Even though my Joystick is listed and the "Compatibility Mode" is selected, when I load a game and try to use this Joystick, it won't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Might be an idea to use one of the mouse/keyboard combinations to make sure that the game is actually working properly.

Then read the WinUAE FAQ to find out what probloems (if any) there are with joysticks. Config files can always be changed so its not a problem.