Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 13 July 2013, 22:45   #1
kamelito
Zone Friend

Misc. issues on OS X Mountain Lion

Hi
I run FS-UAE under Mountain Lion.

1) I set hard_drive_0_priority = 6 but it always boot to df0
2) when you launch FS-UAE launcher the window stay in the back, so it not visible.
3) If I save a config where I already changed manually a setting then it's lost.

Kamelito

# FS-UAE configuration saved by FS-UAE Launcher
# Last saved: 2013-07-13 22:23:48

[fs-uae]
console_debugger = 1
amiga_model = A4000/040
chip_memory = 2048
fast_memory = 8192
hard_drive_0 = ASM-Programming.hdf
hard_drive_0_priority = 6
floppy_drive_0 = 100most.adf
kickstart_file = Kickstart v3.1 rev 40.70 (1993)(Commodore)(A4000).rom
slow_memory = 512
uaegfx_card = 1
zorro_iii_memory = 16384

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 13 July 2013 at 23:28.
Old 13 July 2013, 23:39   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamelito View Post
Hi
I run FS-UAE under Mountain Lion.

1) I set hard_drive_0_priority = 6 but it always boot to df0
Is this is RDB / partitionable / full disk image? Setting priority will then have to be done Amiga-side I think (by setting the boot priority for the volume). This option likely only works for single-partition HDF images and directory hard drives.

Quote:
2) when you launch FS-UAE launcher the window stay in the back, so it not visible.
I can not reproduce this (but I have 10.6 on the Mac laptop). Can you explain a bit further what happens? How is it not visible - do you mean it is opened below other windows, so you have to bring it to front first, or hide the other windows - or some other problem?

Does anyone else with Montain Lion experience similar problems?

Quote:
3) If I save a config where I already changed manually a setting then it's lost.
Can you explain to me what steps I have to perform to experience the problem myself?
Old 14 July 2013, 00:02   #3
amigafreak68k

Yes. When the Launcher starts it calls FS-UAE short. FS-UAE starts and closes. After this the Launcher is in background (visible, but behind other windows). I think it isn't a bug. This was with all versions of FS-UAE (Launcher)
Old 14 July 2013, 21:27   #4
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigafreak68k View Post
Yes. When the Launcher starts it calls FS-UAE short. FS-UAE starts and closes. After this the Launcher is in background (visible, but behind other windows). I think it isn't a bug. This was with all versions of FS-UAE (Launcher)
Thanks for verifying that. Yes, FS-UAE is started to get the list of attached joystick devices (it was the easiest way to achieve that).

It works more "transparent" on other OSes, but on OS X you can see the app launching. On 10.6, this does not cause the Launcher to be placed at the back, but this is really just a hack, and it probably confuses the Window list on OS X 10.8.

I don't know right now what the best fix is, but it is possible that on OS X, the Launcher can query the OS directly (via Python) for connected joystick devices. It is very important that the device names (and number of detected buttons, etc) is exactly the same as the SDL library reports, and this is the reason FS-UAE (using SDL) is launched to detect the devices.
Old 14 July 2013, 21:55   #5
kamelito
Zone Friend

Quote:
Can you explain to me what steps I have to perform to experience the problem myself?

Well I made the A4000 config, then edit the config file to put the HD boot priority, then I forgot to set the right HD file so I edited it through the launcher and save the config again, and the config file loose the HD boot priority. I suppose that the save button only save settings you change through the FS Launcher.

I'll see about point 1, ie changing the boot from the Amiga side. The HD I use is the one from this forum for ASM coding. Update: HDToolbox show nothing, all button greyed out, I tried with hard_drive_0_controller = rdb and hard_drive_0_controller = ide and with HDToolbox option uaehf.device

Kamelito

Last edited by kamelito; 14 July 2013 at 22:39.
Old 15 July 2013, 12:30   #6
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Well I made the A4000 config, then edit the config file to put the HD boot priority, then I forgot to set the right HD file so I edited it through the launcher and save the config again, and the config file loose the HD boot priority. I suppose that the save button only save settings you change through the FS Launcher.
FS-UAE Launcher should keep the manual changes you did to the config file. But if you edit the config file on the disk *while it is loaded* in FS-UAE Launcher, and then save it in FS-UAE Launcher, then you will overwrite any manual changes. It should work fine if you switch to another configuration and back after making the manual modifications, and before modifying it in FS-UAE Launcher.

There is one "gotcha" which I suspect you have been bitten by; if you close FS-UAE Launcher and re-start it, the last config file isn't reloaded from disk -- instead, FS-UAE Launcher resumes the config it had loaded in memory when you quit the Launcher. In this case, this "save config state" feature is a bit confusing, and I may have to reconsider it...