English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 22 January 2002, 08:11   #21
DPainter

Re: Awsome Graphics!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Miggy2TheMax
Dpainter your gallery is very impressive, I do like you version of WB3.0 .. _very_ slick indeed!

Out of intrest what sort of paint programs do you use today?
Thanks! Hmm, I tinker with Photo Impact 6, which is a great low-budget PhotoShop. I also own PhotoShop LE and Painter Classic. I don't do much these days. I'm waiting around for inspiration to work on something, like some ultra-slick Amiga emulator front-end (Sane? you there?).

Oh, I can't forget Deluxe Paint II (PC version)! I still use that. I can't use anything else for pixel-level detail. I made a Frogger skin for Winamp with it:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clipboard.gif
Views:	682
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	1664  
Old 22 January 2002, 09:20   #22
Pyromania

Photogenics

You might want to give Photgenics 5 a go DPainter. I think you would like it and it is even available for PDA's! Or you can use it on Linux, Amiga or if you must Windows.

www.paulnolan.com
Old 22 January 2002, 10:33   #23
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Can you post your Frogger skin to the Zone?
Old 22 January 2002, 10:39   #24
RetroMan

Ahhhh, good old pixel days I still have 6 disks of DPaint Artwork from myself, if I find some time, I will upload some too ... anyway ... @DPainter : these images are VERY impressive, more of that please
Old 22 January 2002, 11:44   #25
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Top stuff mate:thumbs_up Keep it coming!
Old 02 April 2002, 01:25   #26
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Great artwork DPainter.
I too was into drawing with Dpaint. I started with DPaint2 and progressed upto 3 and then 4.
While trying not to sound like a bighead here, my own artwork was also of a very high standard. I would love to share it, but its forever locked on my old floppy disks because I dont have the know how to transfer it from Amiga to PC. I probably have about 10 disks in total of work from the beginning to when I actually got any good. I was often accused of lying and told I couldnt have drawn what I was showing my friends. To me though this was the highest compliment they could give me.
My best pieces were of a mock Alien breed 2 screen shot which I spent approx 3 hours on, another character for the game CHAOS ENGINE, a pic of a Gameboy, which I was told looked photo realistic and countless font designs and level objects for a game that never saw the light of day.

Id love to see those pics again but really cant be arsed with connecting my Amiga to the PC.
Old 02 April 2002, 20:06   #27
DPainter

Quote:
Originally posted by Dastardly
Great artwork DPainter.
I too was into drawing with Dpaint. I started with DPaint2 and progressed upto 3 and then 4.
While trying not to sound like a bighead here, my own artwork was also of a very high standard. I would love to share it, but its forever locked on my old floppy disks because I dont have the know how to transfer it from Amiga to PC. I probably have about 10 disks in total of work from the beginning to when I actually got any good. I was often accused of lying and told I couldnt have drawn what I was showing my friends. To me though this was the highest compliment they could give me.
My best pieces were of a mock Alien breed 2 screen shot which I spent approx 3 hours on, another character for the game CHAOS ENGINE, a pic of a Gameboy, which I was told looked photo realistic and countless font designs and level objects for a game that never saw the light of day.

Id love to see those pics again but really cant be arsed with connecting my Amiga to the PC.
Glad to see another pixel mover on here. I'm sure we'd all like to see your work. The easiest way I've found to transfer standard Amiga DOS disks is by hooking up a second floppy drive to my PC and using the program DISK2FDI. I've done that and dumped 100s of disks. I suppose you could also format PC floppies to 720k and use CrossDOS, if you have it already.
Old 05 April 2002, 00:17   #28
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Yeah I might do that one day. I would like to get some opinions from everyone.
Old 07 October 2005, 20:53   #29
Marcuz

hei DPainter, do you have any advice about workin on the IFF palettes between PC and Amiga? trasparent colours etc. also do you use some similar program on PC these days?
i had found a couple, but they are either discontinued or not perfect for what i inted to do:
http://pxp.grapefruitopia.com/
http://www.squirreldome.com/cyberop.htm
Old 09 October 2005, 18:26   #30
DPainter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana
hei DPainter, do you have any advice about workin on the IFF palettes between PC and Amiga? trasparent colours etc. also do you use some similar program on PC these days?
i had found a couple, but they are either discontinued or not perfect for what i inted to do:
http://pxp.grapefruitopia.com/
http://www.squirreldome.com/cyberop.htm
I actually use the PC DOS version of Deluxe Paint II Enhanced. It works fine under Windows XP although I sometimes have to terminate the task to close it. I was able to find it as "abandonware" on the web.

I also liked ArtGem but it is discontinued shareware so you'd have to find a reg code to use it after 30 days.

Haven't tried Cosmigo Pro Motion but it looks very DPainty, although it isn't free.

I don't have specific recommendations for IFF/PC conversion except ULEAD has a GIF Animator that features a color cycling utility which I think they must have designed for converting cycled IFF pics. It ships with PhotoImpact which is like a poor man's PhotoShop.

Last edited by DPainter; 09 October 2005 at 19:12.
Old 11 October 2005, 00:38   #31
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Cool

Thats some impressive work there DPainter infact soo good it got all that nostalgia running that i felt if you could share then perhaps i should lol

so i hit the disks (meta-phoric-ally) and i this lil collection is when i was working on a game in late 93 early 94 i think it was.. it was called "Core 274" and was kinda like a eye of the beholder and a much later released death masque sorta like game

since i was principle artist and coder (not initially btw i got stitched) of this project it toooook a long time and unfortuntely got shelved aout 7 months in, if i find the amiga .exe i will zone it if any one is interested... theres no gui just cursor keys lol.

any way thanks for the memories DP and some really seriously cool work

*please note the doom weapon grabs, yeah i snatched 'em from a 386 at the time from work... and i didn`t give 'em back thier floppy disks too MUWAHAHHAHAAH!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	objects.png
Views:	321
Size:	1.9 KB
ID:	9426   Click image for larger version

Name:	GameEngine001.png
Views:	364
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	9427   Click image for larger version

Name:	GameEngine002.png
Views:	319
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	9428   Click image for larger version

Name:	GameEngine003-imposed.png
Views:	428
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	9429  
Old 11 October 2005, 00:42   #32
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Cool

and the last few that are worth showing ....

its good to get these out upon the light of day... tooo long have they been kept in the dark (which i belive was the orginal name for this game (in the dark) )

heh...

anyway immma tihnking DPainter may have started something serious here... perhaps a dedcated thread for amiga pictures or users artwork or even music that could be cool too ( i did a lot of that lol )

anyways

DPainter your a star....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	tileset001.png
Views:	241
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	9431   Click image for larger version

Name:	tileset002.png
Views:	229
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	9432   Click image for larger version

Name:	splash.png
Views:	235
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	9433   Click image for larger version

Name:	textureset002.png
Views:	288
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	9434  
Old 11 October 2005, 09:10   #33
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly
Yeah I might do that one day. I would like to get some opinions from everyone.
These are already posted elsewhere but this seems to be the official gallery area so what the hell, here they are again

I really ought to get back into doing some pixel stuff, its been a while.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Alien Breed 2 Mock.gif
Views:	416
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	9435   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chaos Engine Man.gif
Views:	379
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	9436   Click image for larger version

Name:	GameBoy.gif
Views:	409
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	9437   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jesus Jones Stamp.gif
Views:	279
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	9438   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jurassic Park.gif
Views:	333
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	9439  

Old 11 October 2005, 09:12   #34
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

and the last few.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Platform Types.gif
Views:	368
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	9440   Click image for larger version

Name:	T2.gif
Views:	305
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	9441   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zool.gif
Views:	305
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	9442  
Old 11 October 2005, 11:29   #35
Marcuz

why don't we find a programmer and do the definitive RPG or game ever? eh? eh? eh?
Old 11 October 2005, 13:58   #36
Jope
-

Aah, I love that old style clean pixel art.
Thanks for posting these. :-)
Old 11 October 2005, 17:50   #37
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana
why don't we find a programmer and do the definitive RPG or game ever? eh? eh? eh?
This has been suggested a few times in the past but never seems to go anywhere. I once suggested we make an EAB themed game and while there was initial interest, it just never happened.

If a project ever gets off the ground Ill be happy to do some graphics.

Im sure EAB has all the talent it needs to come up with a cracking little game.
Old 11 October 2005, 18:37   #38
Marcuz

yeah i have already suggested i know, but also given my disponibility, musicians too. what it seems it lacks are the coders.
Old 11 October 2005, 18:51   #39
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

*ahem* did some one mention coders?????? I thought I heard Amiger arround here some where.....
Old 11 October 2005, 19:28   #40
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

hmmmm imma thinking you need three peeps in each catagory i.e three coders, three script writers /editors, three musicians and 3 artists and finally a consortium of producers that have a final say.

no person can have any more than one role. and the first job of the ruling consortium is what type of game ie. platform, rpg etc. and then onto assigning roles from willing *victims* ahem i mean members.

I would be happy to help out in any of the four primarys (scripting / writer, artist, coding and musician )

perhaps a poll or few to assend some of the peoples that are willing to say share a few hours a week into the producing / directing level to then follow onto the next phases etc.

hmmm sounds yummy and i cant wait to do it all ready...

EAB (its of the game) *hehe* i couldn`t help that....

I would say lets bring it on!!!!! i thinks we need a dedicated sign up thread those that wanna contrib (with amount of hours say upto 9 that they could donate to the project) this will be good in assertaining those that are better commited this doesn`t rule out those that have nothing better to do, after all there are concepts that need to be implaced in code, music, script everything...

damn it marco.... now you got my brain buzzing!!!!!

see how you are DPainter!!!!! its your fault too...