English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 02 April 2017, 11:34   #1
TroyWilkins

Amiga hardware and software videos.

Not sure if this is in the correct section, but here goes.

As part of my web site and my interest in the Amiga, I've been trying to find videos on youtube of some of the more historically significant Amiga software and hardware.

Now, finding videos of Amiga games is easy, same with many of the more well-known demo scene productions.

But I'm finding there to be very little, if any, video of some of the interesting hardware and software releases.

For example, I have not found any videos of 286 or faster bridgeboards, I couldn't find any video of the A64 software (so I recorded my own little clip and uploaded to youtube) and there seems to be no video of most productivity software, asides from DPaint, which there are plenty of videos of.

Perhaps it's just that I'm not using the correct search terms, but I really do not want this sort of thing to be lost to history.

Can anyone help? I'm particularly interested in videos of software that has been superseded, or hardware that isn't emulated by WinUAE.
Old 02 April 2017, 17:46   #2
Seiya

some hardware are very little like numbers. so bridgeboard users haven't camcorder
you find bridgeboard emulator video instead, but it's not the same things :P
Today is more easy emulate hardware than use real one..
Old 02 April 2017, 18:15   #3
emufan

Peter's video collection is a good start.
Old 03 April 2017, 00:55   #4
TroyWilkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiya View Post
some hardware are very little like numbers. so bridgeboard users haven't camcorder
you find bridgeboard emulator video instead, but it's not the same things :P
Today is more easy emulate hardware than use real one..
Yes, but this isn't about what is possible and easier now, this is about historically significant hardware and software that is in danger of being lost to time. I mean, I can add as much text as I like to my web site about these things, I can link to pages that give even more information, but we need videos of these things to show that they were real, to show how they worked, to show the significance they had at the time, even if not many people purchased them, that they were available and worked as advertised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
Peter's video collection is a good start.
Ahh, yes, that is a good start, thank you, but as far as I can see, that's more about the VHS videos people could purchase, whereas I'm looking for what could be termed "oddware" - hardware and software that is unusual, obsolete and forgotten, but also significantly significant. Emulator hardware, such as the A-Max, various x86 hardware emulators, the Golden Gate 2+ board, that sort of thing.
Old 03 April 2017, 12:46   #5
emufan

maybe something like the Virtual Reality things based on the Amiga:
[ Show youtube player ]
another funny toy was such an audio visual effect thing, which I cannot find at the moment.
was some software hardware combination. sort of a theremin with video feedback.
i think there are some videos on youtube - I have to look again.

Last edited by emufan; 03 April 2017 at 13:01.
Old 04 April 2017, 02:41   #6
TroyWilkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
maybe something like the Virtual Reality things based on the Amiga:
[ Show youtube player ]
another funny toy was such an audio visual effect thing, which I cannot find at the moment.
was some software hardware combination. sort of a theremin with video feedback.
i think there are some videos on youtube - I have to look again.
Exactly, thank you that's perfect, yes, that's the sort of thing I mean. It seems that the majority of people only see the Amiga as a games machine, and anything else is getting lost to history