English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinFellow

Old 03 December 2007, 01:16   #1
The Brave Ant

Wrath of the Demon in Winfellow alpha v.4.4 built 2. Problem.

Hi guys, this is my first post in this board.

First I´m from Spain and my english is not good. So....

I´m using Winfellow alpha v.4.4 built 2 and when I try to play Wrath of the Demon it doesn´t work. I take note about bad dumbs in another post and I saw that this version:

Wrath of the Demon (1990)(ReadySoft)[cr SKR](Disk 1 of 5)[t +1 SKR].adf
Wrath of the Demon (1990)(ReadySoft)[cr SKR](Disk 2 of 5).adf
Wrath of the Demon (1990)(ReadySoft)[cr SKR](Disk 3 of 5).adf
Wrath of the Demon (1990)(ReadySoft)[cr SKR](Disk 4 of 5).adf
Wrath of the Demon (1990)(ReadySoft)[cr SKR](Disk 5 of 5).adf

works fine. Maybe in WinUAE but in my version of Winfellows I can´t manage to play.

I use te maximum "power" in mem, that´s it:

chip 2048 KB
fast 8 MB
bogo 1792 KB

And the Kickstart is 1.3

Then I put the first disk and starts well, I see The Wrath of the Demon "logo" and the background starts to, you say flickering? in pink and green colors, but never ask me for the second disk. I was waiting a lot of time but nothing happened,so I am asking what thing I do wrong.

Or in Winfellow this game doesn´t work? I don´t Know.

Well, I hope you can understand me a little, and thank you for the replies.

Old 03 December 2007, 01:18   #2
BippyM
Global Moderator

try using

chip 512kb
slow/fast 512kb

also with the flickering screen change the disks and press fire/mouse and see if that does anything
Old 03 December 2007, 01:51   #3
The Brave Ant

OH! What a quick answer!
Well, I try that you tell me and works!!!!
In Winfellow the fast memory has minimum MB of 1MB.
I use this time:
chip 512KB
fast 1MB
bogo(slow) 512KB
The flickering is pink and blue, not green. I see a presentation and then the logo of the game and starts the dancing background.
Then I changed the disk like you tell me and I pressed the left mouse button but nothing happens, then I press the fire button, left control key, and I see the flickering stops, then the green leds that I put to see if the drive disk works start to move, then after a few seconds the flickering starts again. But this time I put the disk number three and push fire, the flickering is over and the green leds too, and the game starts in a horse; I was waiting for an options screen but it doesnґt matter because the game runs!
I supose that I was waiting for a notice, like "put 2є disk" or something like that, but they donĀ“t tell you anything.
Thak you very much for the quick answer.

Last edited by The Brave Ant; 03 December 2007 at 01:57.
Old 03 December 2007, 01:52   #4
BippyM
Global Moderator

It is because the original game came on 2 disks, but the crackers couldn't fit it on 2 so had to use 3, hence the flickering to change disk!
Old 03 December 2007, 01:58   #5
The Brave Ant

Master!

I was reading previous post in this board and I saw that one Winfellow programmer writing around here, and then starts to read people speakig about CRC and the way they crack Gemini Wing and other things...a lot of level here!

I never had an Amiga, I have now and then an MSX, Sony Hit Bit 20; but I know a guy that comes with me in the school; this friend had an Amiga 500 and one day he invites me to his home to play videogames. I played The Blues Brothers and F-29 Retaliator and Scape form the Planet Robot or something like that, but by this time I know that Amiga compurters were great.

I took the F-29 Retaliator manual to my home to read it and I never returned the booklet, years after I use this manual to complete the missions in the PC version of the same game...

The screenshots in the magazines of the time were astonish, with the Tutankamon face in a monitor with the computer near or a red GTO Ferrari in a fiel of grass, like a house garden or a giant red woman lips..welll and in my home four colors in a 14" TV or an black and white games in the MSX.

Last edited by The Brave Ant; 03 December 2007 at 02:16.
Old 05 December 2007, 18:39   #6
niobyte
AMR / HOL Contributor

@bippym

"It is because the original game came on 2 disks, but the crackers couldn't fit it on 2 so had to use 3, hence the flickering to change disk!"

??

The original of Wrath of The Demon is contained on 4 Disks. I have the original right in front of me. The HOL Database even states this. That would be the reason why the cracked version is on 5 disks instead of 4.

Since after ripping everything, would have resulted of it being dumped onto 5 disks instead of the original 4. Most likely to do with the Protection Loader routine, also most likely using a disk format that allows more than 880K on an Amiga Disk.

I just recently contributed my Boxscans and Diskscans of Wrath of The Demon for the Hall Of Light.

Anyway, just thought I would mention that, anyway, lol.

Good advise. Since a few cracked loader routines rely on a fire button or a mouse button to be pressed. Although, most of the later ones used to just use disk seek. Depends on the cracker really.