English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 24 October 2008, 07:56   #21
humble worm

Its called space hulk because the board game by GW on which it is based is called so. it's closer to the original than the fake 3d amiga version (so say the authors). amen
Old 24 October 2008, 09:25   #22
JuvUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5h00n4y View Post
I'm still with Space Hulk - because the authors say so officially.
I've seen 2D remakes of Hlaf-Life 2 or Portal but that doesn't make them Turrican wannabies.

---=== EDITED ===---
How about this for some proof?

lol yep fair enough
Old 01 May 2009, 19:04   #23
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Another Space Hulk inspired remake

Just read at the moby forums about a freeware game under development that although not a remake is heavily inspired by Space Hulk (rather Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels though).

It is called Derelict, is right now at 1.2beta and apparently they are looking for playtesters or any kind of comments.

Right now, although playable, it is clearly missing in some departments (SFX, animations, not yet seen a chainsword ).
But play through the tutorial (5 minutes) and you'll probably see how much potential it has.

Therefore, since they are only asking for feedback, go, try and leave comments there.

As a side note, the author also made a game inspired by The New Zealand Story that you can grad in the Games/Full Games section of the site (probably was posted on EAB earlier but still worth mentionning it if it was not).
Old 01 May 2009, 20:08   #24
Sensi
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuvUK View Post
isn't this a remake of space crusade? i thought space hulk was a sort of fake 3d view thing?
No, it is not, its based on original Space Hulk board game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humble worm View Post
Its called space hulk because the board game by GW on which it is based is called so. it's closer to the original than the fake 3d amiga version (so say the authors). amen
Yes.

I played Space Hulk in ninetees few times (its the only game (maybe with Blood Bowl) you can play without studying manual for months) and its cool game. GW prepares new release (I wanted to order latest edition few years ago and it was sold out!) and I believe it will really happen !
Old 03 May 2009, 15:14   #25
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

This is ok but i prefer the original Space Hulk on the 3DO. I have never owned or even played the Amiga version might go and check it out