English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 15 March 2018, 12:24   #41
aCCoLa

Similar complaints and thread on the ‘Sinclair for sale’ Facebook page.
Folk not getting their DOTC spectrum versions...
Old 16 March 2018, 13:04   #42
apex

Cinemaware Retro - Not Received!

A German company is already in contact with Sven, taking over complete production and delivering. They are trying to do their best, but Sven stays still a complicated guy.

Regarding Wings AmigaOS4, yes some people got their packages, but the final version is still not released. Now after Tower 57 is finished, work on Wings will go on faster for sure.
Old 18 March 2018, 17:56   #43
number6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCCoLa View Post
Amigos Podcast just let me know they intend to cover this situation next podcast...hope it warns as many folk as possible.
Approximately 13 minutes into:
Episode 137

They've invited any Cinemaware rep to contact them for clarification.

Old 19 March 2018, 03:52   #44
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by badflame View Post
Well, maybe I don't understand the potato crop, but if I open an e-commerce to sale potatoes, I will be 100% responsible for sending what I sell.

This is totally clear.
Oh I certainly understand your frustration, I am not saying he is blameless. I would only mount my own business operation if I were certain I could run it giving full satisfaction to customers at least in terms of respecting delivery promises.

But to amend your comparison, you would be selling e-potatoes on top of your additional job, not in place of your actual one.

The Amiga market is a small one, so returns on investments are small so you will find many atypical entrepreneurs there, some more qualified than others, some obviously much less.

Frankly, at this size, this is a bit like crowd funding indeed. You can pre-order and put money into the machine but there is no real guarantee that you have a 100% solid business behind.

Unfortunately, until the Amiga software market expands a bit and allows small but reliable companies to emerge and prove themselves there will be a non negligible amount of risk in pre-ordering products.
Old 20 March 2018, 12:09   #45
aCCoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat View Post
Frankly, at this size, this is a bit like crowd funding indeed. You can pre-order and put money into the machine but there is no real guarantee that you have a 100% solid business behind.

Unfortunately, until the Amiga software market expands a bit and allows small but reliable companies to emerge and prove themselves there will be a non negligible amount of risk in pre-ordering products.
I understand what you are saying and with hind sight perhaps it is more like this however, this is not how I was sold the product. Via the website and interviews with cinema ware retro representatives I heard/read, it was a finished product ready to buy. I never bought anything (wings) that was pre order. I bought a finished product that I don’t have 6 months later.
If this is not the case, if it is a pre order and not finished product, it is at least imho a breach of trading standards. If it is a ‘crowd funding’ Situation then let me know up front so I know what I’m getting into.
Thx to amigos podcast for mentioning this situation in a very tactful way.
Old 05 April 2018, 23:13   #46
badflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat View Post
Oh I certainly understand your frustration, I am not saying he is blameless. I would only mount my own business operation if I were certain I could run it giving full satisfaction to customers at least in terms of respecting delivery promises.

But to amend your comparison, you would be selling e-potatoes on top of your additional job, not in place of your actual one.

The Amiga market is a small one, so returns on investments are small so you will find many atypical entrepreneurs there, some more qualified than others, some obviously much less.

There should be no more risk than the crowd funding campaign fulfills its objectives or not. Once the seller receives the money, there is no excuse for not serving the product. Otherwise it is a simple scam.

Anyway, I did not fund the crowd funding campaign. I bought an item from his store online, in stock, that you have not sent me because you have not wanted, since he have stock.

I insist, there is no excuse.
Old 16 April 2018, 14:49   #47
apex

It is going forward. RR is complete for production. Wings PC also.
Old 24 May 2018, 18:46   #48
aCCoLa

Evil grin

so today, 7 months after I purchased 2 games advertised as "finished" products and available to buy from Cinemaware Retro.....I finally.......got a refund from my credit card company. No games from CWR.

Shame on you cinemaware retro and thanks for a big waste of time.
Be warned folks.
Old 23 July 2018, 14:35   #49
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
There should be no more risk than the crowd funding campaign fulfills its objectives or not. Once the seller receives the money, there is no excuse for not serving the product. Otherwise it is a simple scam.

Anyway, I did not fund the crowd funding campaign. I bought an item from his store online, in stock, that you have not sent me because you have not wanted, since he have stock.

There are no excuses, only explanations of the level of risk inherent to small markets and thus lack of full time professionals.

I agree that this should not happen but is nevertheless explainable.
Old 23 July 2018, 14:38   #50
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:

There were no excuses, only explanations of the level of risk inherent to small markets and thus lack of full time professionals.
I agree that this should not happen.

Now, if we are talking about solutions rather than just problems, maybe we could organize and talk Svenn into delegating the management of sales and of his existing stock to the community.
This could help fix the communication and delay issues encountered by users and relieve him of work that obviously he does not have time for.
Old 09 September 2018, 23:26   #51
Darksun777

Still no news until today. The guy from the german company who has taken over the shipment process has las posted 3 months ago.
Old 10 September 2018, 01:13   #52
BarryB
Amigaholic

I know another mate who ordered Rocket Ranger just over 2 years ago and still no update on when it's going to ship!!

You know the old saying: "At least Dick Turpin wore a mask when he robbed you"
Old 26 October 2018, 21:02   #53
aCCoLa

thats shameful barry. tell him to contact credit card company and proceed with a refund. dont let these highway men take his money.

since i got my refund, i picked up the original rocket ranger for £14 off ebay. Its not as new and shiny as their advertised product...but its original, classic, complete....and arrived in a week!!!!
Old 28 October 2018, 00:37   #54
spudje

The next Amiga Future contains a review of the Extended version of Rocket Ranger, and what i could conclude from the German teaser page, this is the final version, not the version sold in Neuss. So apparently there is some activity???
Old 28 October 2018, 00:44   #55
NeoHippie2016
Freak

The code lists have to be reprinted... was the answer of my question from Dragon Box Shop about Rocket Ranger
Old 23 January 2019, 13:54   #56
ascp
Pastafarian

Any news? I'm still waiting for my Rocket Ranger. Are Dragon Box Shop supposed to ship these now-a-days?
Old 23 January 2019, 14:08   #57
ascp
Pastafarian

Asked and they replied quickly - "..we're currently in process of moving the old orders to the new shop. We'll send out emails regarding the shipment as soon as we finished sorting the old orders."..

So, things are happening.
Old 23 January 2019, 19:12   #58
BarryB
Amigaholic

The last 'update' my mate had from Sven was Februaury 9th 2018 saying they were moving the old orders to Dragonbox, so it takes nearly a year to do that then? I smell more bullshit!
Old 09 February 2019, 00:25   #59
apex

Sven is doing nothing, he burned the money and people got nothing. Even Dragonbox seems not to be able to work with Sven!
If you want to know what Sven is doing, look into his Facebook account.
Old 10 February 2019, 12:37   #60
MikeRichmond

I waited what seems like forever for Wings too.