English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 25 October 2009, 13:53   #1
emuola
Registered Whdload user

Installed AmiTCp+driver, now what?

Ok, managed to buy a compatible pcmcia card. Also managed to install the driver from aminet. Also managed (I guess) to install Amitcp 4.0. Now what? Card is completely "dead" No lights on router etc. Should I have the SANA? (I understood that that's needed on top of the actual driver and tcp/ip stack) somewhere automatically or not?

I added the AmiTCP stuff to the user startup, but like I said nothig happens (I really don't knw if something really should

Could someone more experienced please shed some light on this matter?
Old 25 October 2009, 14:08   #2
paulisthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by emuola View Post
Ok, managed to buy a compatible pcmcia card. Also managed to install the driver from aminet. Also managed (I guess) to install Amitcp 4.0. Now what? Card is completely "dead" No lights on router etc. Should I have the SANA? (I understood that that's needed on top of the actual driver and tcp/ip stack) somewhere automatically or not?

I added the AmiTCP stuff to the user startup, but like I said nothig happens (I really don't knw if something really should

Could someone more experienced please shed some light on this matter?
Im in the same boat, no lights on router, is yours the etherlink 3 by any chance, the 3C589D?

I got a bit more out of MIAMI - the amiga saw the card, but still no success in lights on router, or net access, try downloading MIAMI and see if that works, see if you get better luck
Old 25 October 2009, 14:28   #3
emuola
Registered Whdload user

Quote:
I got a bit more out of MIAMI - the amiga saw the card, but still no success in lights on router, or net access, try downloading MIAMI and see if that works, see if you get better luck
Ok, can I just delete the AmiTCP-folder, or how am I supposed to uninstall that?

I'll try Miami It will run with ClassicWB Lite 3.1, right? My card is 3CXE589ET (the one with the weird xjack-connector (pops out, no dongle needed)

Thanks!

Last edited by emuola; 25 October 2009 at 14:48.
Old 25 October 2009, 14:46   #4
jPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by emuola View Post
Ok, can I just delete the AmiTCp-folder, or how am I supposed to uninstall that?
No need to uninstall it. AmiTCP and Miami can co-exist just fine, until you don't start them both simultaneously.

About SANA. Your driver is SANA compatible, it doesn't mean you should have anything extra until you select the correct driver for the TCP/IP stack.

I assume you're trying to do this on A1200? There might be the famous reset bug with the PCMCIA preventing the card working. You can make card to work by hot swapping the card or installing some software fixes (search cardpatch and cardreset from Aminet).

I'd suggest you to try this disk if the card works at all and then try to setup your own stack.
Old 25 October 2009, 21:19   #5
emuola
Registered Whdload user

Ok, so the SANA-thingy is part of the MiamiDx, right? I'll test with that handy littlle floppy first and then proceed with Miami.

Thanks for the info

Quote:
No need to uninstall it. AmiTCP and Miami can co-exist just fine, until you don't start them both simultaneously.
What about the home directory and the user AmiTCP created? Any harm if I leave those intact?