English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 27 February 2010, 12:52   #1
Dave_wb

Classic workbench error

Hi chaps,
Wonder if someone can help me with this.When I go to unzip the system zip file in DH0: I always get this error
Archive: [DH0:System.zip]: start of central directory not found;
zipfile corrupt.
Please check that you have transferred or created the zipfile in the appropriate BINARY mode that you have compiled Unzip properly.

I have created all four zip files (ADVSP,Advanced,Full,Lite from scratch and they all bring me this error. I have installed a 3.5 inch drive in my windoze setup and want to transfer the hardware into my Miggy setup when it has installed.Help would be greatly appreciated
Dave
Old 27 February 2010, 12:57   #2
Bloodwych

Does sound like the ZIP file is corrupt.

Can you explain exactly how you are creating and transferring the ZIP?

Also, how big is the partition you are trying to use? What filesystem?

If you have the 3.5" drive hooked up to WinUAE, just copy the files directly - no need to bother ZIP'ing.
Old 27 February 2010, 17:36   #3
Dave_wb

Classic Workbench Error

Hi Bloodwych!
I am creating system zips by the use of Dopus 4 within the emulation.I then use the command line winuae.exe -disableharddrivesafetycheck to transfer the zip to a Seagate Hard Drive temporarily attached to Windoze. I can then transfer it all set up and ready to go in my A1200.The file system I am using is FFS and I have three partitions on the drive.I use just under a gig for DH0: and the other two partitions come in at just under three gig so that the 4gig limit is not exceeded.
Ok I am being thick here but how would I transfer a system.hdf.I have installed the 3.1 workbench on the 3.5inch disk - that works every time but I just cant get the zips to work.Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated
Dave
Old 27 February 2010, 18:54   #4
Bloodwych

The fact the ZIP is getting corrupted hints at filesystem or writing errors whilst copying, however..........

If you have the drive attached and can access it in WinUAE, don't bother with the ZIP.

Just select all the ClassicWB files in the left hand window in Dopus and copy them directly to your temporarily attached drive in the right hand window.

Or, if you access the two separately, copy the files over (no zipping) to a PC directory from within emulation, then copy the files from the PC directory to your hard disk from with emulation.

The ZIP procedure is for people who can't or won't attach their Amiga drives to WinUAE.

Last edited by Bloodwych; 27 February 2010 at 19:00.
Old 27 February 2010, 19:02   #5
Dave_wb

Classic Workbench error

Hi Bloodwych,
I will do as you say - thanks for the advice - I did not realise that the zips were created for "anti" Winuae folk! All I need to do now is install some games and start hammering my trusty old 2 button joystick!
Thanks again Bloodwych
Dave
Old 27 February 2010, 19:11   #6
Bloodwych

It's ok, many people think the ZIP procedure is a requirement, but it's not. You are doing it the best and easiest way - set your drive up in WinUAE. It saves a lot of time.

I'd use the Check 4GB utility to make sure all your partitions are ok too - haven't gone beyond the barrier. It's in the My Files/LargeHD drawer.

I'm a little concerned that the ZIP became corrupt during copying - perhaps a maxtransfer issue - it hints at a writing error.
Old 01 March 2010, 11:46   #7
Bloodwych

Did you get this sorted Dave?