English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

Old 02 November 2008, 04:02   #1
levartemit186

This board

Hi, good to be able to post.

After registering on this board the first time under the name levartemit and using knight_74_uk@yahoo.com as my email address, I never received the confirmation email. Since I cannot post until I have confirmed, I had no way of telling the moderators that I had no confirmation email! I even tried emailing the board to let them know of this but got no reply. I had to create a new username and email address just to post this message!

Great board, but I suggest that you should have a way of requesting another confirmation email should the one you were sent disappear into the ether. Could I also ask the moderators to confirm the levartemit user so I can delete this one?

Thanks guys!

Old 02 November 2008, 04:45   #2
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Did you check your junk/trash/spam mail? The confirmation email could have been automatically placed in there by Yahoo.

Welcome aboard, by the way!
Old 02 November 2008, 10:48   #3
Marcuz

you should send a private message to RCK, the admin, just in case he misses this thread
Old 02 November 2008, 16:59   #4
levartemit186

Thanks for the comments guys. Yes I checked my junk folder etc no sign of it. Did everything I could think of before going through registration again

Old 02 November 2008, 17:23   #5
jmmijo

I've seen this happen to other boards/sites too, one I subscribe too I can't get the confirmation email sent either, nothing shows up in my junk/trash/spam folder so I don't think it's an isolated case.

I think that some domains just have procmail rules that may indeed dev/null a block of ip's and/or addresses
Old 03 November 2008, 01:33   #6
levartemit186

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmijo View Post
I've seen this happen to other boards/sites too, one I subscribe too I can't get the confirmation email sent either, nothing shows up in my junk/trash/spam folder so I don't think it's an isolated case.

I think that some domains just have procmail rules that may indeed dev/null a block of ip's and/or addresses
Yeah but Jmmijo, I could register when I done it again, using the same email credentials, albeit a different address. All I want to see is a 'second chance' with the confirmation email, rather than all this running around. A loop, you cannot post until you have confirmed, you cannot alert the mods of a non received confirmation email in the forum until you have confirmed!

Old 03 November 2008, 15:00   #7
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by levartemit186 View Post
Great board, but I suggest that you should have a way of requesting another confirmation email should the one you were sent disappear into the ether. Could I also ask the moderators to confirm the levartemit user so I can delete this one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by levartemit186 View Post
Yeah but Jmmijo, I could register when I done it again, using the same email credentials, albeit a different address. All I want to see is a 'second chance' with the confirmation email, rather than all this running around. A loop, you cannot post until you have confirmed, you cannot alert the mods of a non received confirmation email in the forum until you have confirmed!
Hello levartemit186,

Welcome to EAB

This question came up a year or so ago in the Global Moderators section. Below is RCK's reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCK
However! when user use did not received their activation codes (or they didn't check their spam box ), you can give them the following page to resend the codes:
http://eab.abime.net/register.php?do=requestemail

note: you can also fill their email address yourself to resend the activation codes.
Hope this helps anyone in future

Thread also moved to the project.EAB section...
Old 03 November 2008, 17:31   #8
levartemit186

Great

Excellent, thanks DamienD and to all for their help.