English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 28 March 2024, 07:39   #41
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

@ransom1122 : not sure I understood the story correctly. Did your videos got removed because you have recorded the music from the game or because you have added another music over your recording ?
Old 28 March 2024, 09:19   #42
ransom1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
@ransom1122 : not sure I understood the story correctly. Did your videos got removed because you have recorded the music from the game or because you have added another music over your recording ?
"We terminated your YouTube account due to repeated claims of copyright infringement.

Please understand that YouTube's copyright removal process complies with the law. We strive to be fair to our users and protect their freedom of expression while also respecting the legal rights of copyright owners."

3 Videos got flagged within 90 days... 1 Video over 2 months ago, and 2 videos today in one day. 3's the limit...

Copyright description on all three videos
Content found in: Entire video

So I assume It was either Video or Audio, But im heavily leaning toward the music as there's constant japanese techno music in the copyrighted videos.

all 3 videos resemble exact structure of this random video that is still active on YT

[ Show youtube player ]

So basically 3 videos shut down my complete account, EVERYTHING.

I'm assuming their using lawful guidelines, hence the drastic actions...

I just wish they wouldn't allow me to uplaod the videos in the first place by warning me there is copyright material.

If not make me understand how is one supposed to know they have copyright material if YT deems it safe?

AWefully confusing
Old 28 March 2024, 11:47   #43
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

So if you have no details about who made the "flag" and what has been "flagged", could it be that someone making video that are close to yours have flagged your work to remove a "competitor" given that some people monetize their work on YT ?
Old 28 March 2024, 11:55   #44
Seiya

In my opinion someone who hates you or hates the success of your channel or the amount of videos, reported you.
YouTube bots have acted accordingly and cannot distinguish a copyrighted video from a free one.

i received a strike when i uploaded on youtube the video from Black Lotus demo, TBL-CD. Youtube bots was sure it was adult content
Old 28 March 2024, 12:00   #45
drHirudo
Amiga user

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
So if you have no details about who made the "flag" and what has been "flagged", could it be that someone making video that are close to yours have flagged your work to remove a "competitor" given that some people monetize their work on YT ?
Copyright trolls exist, but it's criminal activity doing false copyright takedowns. If op has enough evidence, he can go to court and gets his channel restored.
Old 28 March 2024, 12:28   #46
ransom1122

Nah no troll. The reporter is from the company that rhymes with flamco

Last edited by ransom1122; 28 March 2024 at 12:53.
Old 28 March 2024, 13:05   #47
drHirudo
Amiga user

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Nah no troll. The reporter is from the company that rhymes with flamco
Then, sorry to say it, but you can kiss your channel good bye. You had several months to resolve the previous strike, but you did nothing. YouTube copyright enforcements are actually pretty loose. They leave you a plenty of time to react. Facebook closed groups with millions of followers after single copyright claim, and banned the group moderators personal accounts, then restricted them from creating new. YouTube is much more forgiving.
Old 29 March 2024, 10:03   #48
jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Upload videos to Locals and or BitChut.
I had a quick look at those two platforms and found quite weird and questionable content (including alt-right political stuff). Do you have specific reasons to suggest them or any channels you can recommend? As a content creator I'd personally would not want my name to be associated with those platforms. More about Locals.com on Wikipedia. More about BitChut on Wikipedia.

As alternative to YouTube I'd instead suggest decentralized platforms like Peertube, for example Diode Zone, which has a bit of computer-science and retrocomputing related content.

@ransom1122 would you evaluate moving your content away from YouTube or are there specific reasons to stay there?
Old 29 March 2024, 11:21   #49
dreadnought

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman View Post
I had a quick look at those two platforms and found quite weird and questionable content (including alt-right political stuff)
Are you saying there's no weird and questionable content on youtube?
Old 29 March 2024, 11:37   #50
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
Are you saying there's no weird and questionable content on youtube?
It's not so much that there is some on YouTube, but that those two sites in seem to have been created in order to facilitate rw/alt-right content and hate speech in particular, judging by their wikipedia entries.
Old 29 March 2024, 11:48   #51
pandy71

Quote:
I had a quick look at those two platforms and found quite weird and questionable content (including alt-right political stuff).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
but that those two sites in seem to have been created in order to facilitate rw/alt-right content and hate speech in particular, judging by their wikipedia entries.
lol - guys, please, avoid politics on EAB and bs propaganda - this will lead to endless discussion about alt left vs alt right etc - life is hell without this bs...

I was struck by ransom1122 loss - i understand his frustration, anger - to avoid similar experience i simply, never uploading anything to YT also minimize my personal YT usage from many years.

We living in times where Franklin 1775 words ( "They who can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.") are universal, widely applicable wisdom to any sensible human.
Old 29 March 2024, 12:12   #52
VladR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy71 View Post
i simply, never uploading anything to YT also minimize my personal YT usage from many years.
My experience as a YT user is an exact opposite. Only in last ~2yrs I discovered some incredible science channels for documentaries (didn't really watch YT before. Or FB. Or Twitter. Or IG. Or TikTok.).

And because of that, my sleep (and life) has improved significantly

I fall asleep to YT space vids every day and get better rest and better life (Adblock is a must, obviously - but I'll gladly pay $20/yr for Adblock) where no doctor could do anything about my sleep issues (other than to drug the ***k out of me which obviously didn't really work).

The trick that shuts down my brain is a parallel playing (TV screen darkened by 95%) of :
1. Tab 1: 24/7 Soft Rain
2. Tab 2: Space docs playlist

That's a Life Hack, right there...
Old 29 March 2024, 12:47   #53
ransom1122

Obviously not enough ..

I'm not intending on doing anything else on any other site. With 1.7k videos vanishing Into thin air. I have completely lost interest in it altogether now

YT make out like I purposely did this. And it's complete opposite. I did everything I could to avoid this after first strike...

I guess it's an experience/journey many other have had or will venture Into eventually.

I'm glad this post has raised awareness with flimsytube

Amiga Forever!!!
Old 29 March 2024, 13:20   #54
pandy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladR View Post
My experience as a YT user is an exact opposite. Only in last ~2yrs I discovered some incredible science channels for documentaries (didn't really watch YT before. Or FB. Or Twitter. Or IG. Or TikTok.).

And because of that, my sleep (and life) has improved significantly

Well... i've learnt to deal with YT and many other similar Umbrella/W-Yutani hydras with help of 'yt-dlp.exe' - i've realized this few years ago - download before it will be removed like it happened for ransom1122...
Personally prefer text offer audio/video (too slow for communication so if someone has free time then why not - if your goal is information then it is too slow).
And btw i never claimed that there is no valuable channels on YT - simply their can gone faster than you think.
Old 29 March 2024, 14:03   #55
petran

yt can be very confusing in copyright strikes. Videos are either deleted automatically without warning, forbidden in exotic countries or part of the audio is muted.

YT used piracy in the 2000s to gain users and ads and now they turn against their users.
Old 29 March 2024, 15:53   #56
derSammler

Quote:
But im heavily leaning toward the music as there's constant japanese techno music in the copyrighted videos.
Sorry to say, but it sounds like you have no idea yourself whether or not the music you used was copyrighted. If it was, you have no rights to blame YouTube. Whenever you upload a video, you have to attest that you are not violating any copyrights. Yes, YouTube does a (quick!) check on its own, but they can only check against their own catalog of known copyrighted music. That does not mean you can use any music YT itself does not detect as being copyrighted.

What I'm trying to say: make sure first the mistake was not on your side before blaming "evil" YouTube. Note that thinking something is free does not mean it actually is. There's a reason YT offers a huge library of music you can use for free in videos.

Quote:
In my opinion someone who hates you or hates the success of your channel or the amount of videos, reported you.
That's nonsense. Ordinary users can not "just" do a copyright claim... You need to prove to YT that you are actually the copyright holder. Otherwise, you must be a company partnering with YT to issue copyright claims. If you try that "just for fun", you risk a block, not the channel you try to report.

Last edited by derSammler; 30 March 2024 at 08:34.
Old 29 March 2024, 22:29   #57
Pyromania

@jman

I only suggested them because they won't remove content, I have no horse in that race and am non-politcal. Thus, since they don't remove stuff there will of course be extremest stuff on there too. So if that's a concern maybe use X. Elon Musk's X platform might be a good spot for his Amiga content. I'm way too busy working 18 hour days to keep up with grandpa vs grandpa in the upcoming US elections and or extremist views.

Last edited by Pyromania; 29 March 2024 at 22:38.
Old 30 March 2024, 07:51   #58
Bruce Abbott

Quote:
As alternative to YouTube I'd instead suggest decentralized platforms like Peertube, for example Diode Zone
Diode Zone looks interesting. Yet, as usual with these things, they made it suck.

24 years into the 21st century and we can't have a readable font.

Apparently they don't want users to register either.

Which is all good news for us, because it means this site won't become popular enough to attract the trolls. I'm going to join as soon as I figure out how to.
Old 30 March 2024, 08:53   #59
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Abbott View Post
Which is all good news for us, because it means this site won't become popular enough to attract the trolls. I'm going to join as soon as I figure out how to.
Quote:
Currently this instance doesn't allow for user registration, you may check the Terms for more details or find an instance that gives you the possibility to sign up for an account and upload your videos there. Find yours among multiple instances at: https://joinpeertube.org/instances.
https://diode.zone/login
Old 30 March 2024, 13:48   #60
Megalomaniac

If a video contains external music, which hasn't been specifically produced as copyright-free usable background music, then sadly it can be removed for copyright infringement. If the owner of a copyrighted piece makes a claim, YouTube seem within their right to remove it and issue a strike against its creator, even if it's years after the video was originally added.

I certainly wouldn't touch BitChute, there's some pretty unpleasant stuff on there, not only tolerated but also encouraged. Don't know enough about Diode Zone to comment.