English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 29 August 2008, 17:46   #21
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post
Jet Set Radio Future is fecking awesome! One of the best XBox games if you ask me.

DC version, also AWESOME.

Completely different games though.
Thanks!

I got 4 games yesterday, two of them are from your suggestions. (HL2 and Forza)

How different are Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Black? (I have the first one)

Also, Fable, lost chapter, is there big difference with Fable. (like completely different game or not, I have lost chapter one)

I also got Project Snowblind, as I heard its an OK shooter and was somewhere forbidden. (that's nice plus for game )

Games I'm currently looking for: Jade Empire, Burnout Revenge and KOTOR games. (could get them yesterday, but couldn't be bothered as I have somewhere PC versions of both games and never installed them?! Same as new Pirates! game which I got after Ian's review at TA, but never menaged to start to play)

BTW, MachAssult 2 is awesome game, with some very hard missions even on easy.
Old 29 August 2008, 21:19   #22
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I wish I had the amount of free time you obviously have

The last game I really played religiously was in 2002 : Banjo Tooie for the N64
Old 30 August 2008, 03:01   #23
Chuckles
The Ancient One

Besides those already mentioned, I'd add these:

Fight Night 2004 (Boxing with a very intuitive interface - later versions may also be available)

Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy (just you and your telekinetic abilities against some tough baddies, some with similar abilities)

Batman Begins (fear can be a weapon too!)
Old 30 August 2008, 16:34   #24
RickyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Thanks!

I got 4 games yesterday, two of them are from your suggestions. (HL2 and Forza)

How different are Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Black? (I have the first one)

Also, Fable, lost chapter, is there big difference with Fable. (like completely different game or not, I have lost chapter one)

I also got Project Snowblind, as I heard its an OK shooter and was somewhere forbidden. (that's nice plus for game )

Games I'm currently looking for: Jade Empire, Burnout Revenge and KOTOR games. (could get them yesterday, but couldn't be bothered as I have somewhere PC versions of both games and never installed them?! Same as new Pirates! game which I got after Ian's review at TA, but never menaged to start to play)

BTW, MachAssult 2 is awesome game, with some very hard missions even on easy.
Well Black is pretty much the original plus a lot of extras. But you can get some of them extras by downloading the packs off xbox live. Black adds new monsters on increasing difficulties that might appear in the packs but i dont know. THey are awesome Mission mode which is a set of mmm 50? missions which are also cool. New costumes, weapons, enemy AI improved some spam attacks fixed and new game + taken out.

So i would recommened black if you see it cheap. Fable the lost chapters is everything fable is but with more to the story. So where the first fable ended, lost chapters carries out with more towns, bosses, weapons. While having all the story fable had.

I said this before but if you want a real nice 1st/3rd shooter adventure Strangers wrath is the best! Might be hard to find though. HL2 doesnt run great on the xbox, i would of suggested PC version if you could.

Forza is good but i prefer project gotham 2 for online and a more fun feel. Though PGR2 is more arcade like and no customization.
Old 02 September 2008, 13:58   #25
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyC View Post
So i would recommened black if you see it cheap.
Last time I saw it it was 10 bucks, one of more expensive games. I still might get it later, after I finish first game. (at act 10 atm )

Quote:
Fable the lost chapters is everything fable is but with more to the story. So where the first fable ended, lost chapters carries out with more towns, bosses, weapons. While having all the story fable had.
So there is no point to get Fable as I have lost chapter on. Thanks!

Quote:
I said this before but if you want a real nice 1st/3rd shooter adventure Strangers wrath is the best! Might be hard to find though. HL2 doesnt run great on the xbox, i would of suggested PC version if you could.
I already had Strangers Wrath, great game with strange weapons. I loved previous Oddworld games (I have them all) so it was not surprise that I got this game before I even had system.

Quote:
Forza is good but i prefer project gotham 2 for online and a more fun feel. Though PGR2 is more arcade like and no customization.
Now I have them all, except Burnout games. (for some strange reason didn't get any of those games )

With latest additions I have over 60 games. Just month ago I had a bit more then 30 games.

@alexh, at the moment I don't have much time but soon as I'm done with some construction projects, I will have more time to play those games. ATM I'm buying more then playing, as I know that eventually they will have less games with higher price.

@KG, Retroplay and Dizzy - thanks! I'll check Grid Radio.

@Chuckles - I like boxing games, especially Ready 2 Rumble on DC. Are Fight Nights close to this one? (cover looks more serious game)

Are there any good 2D platformers on xBox?
Old 08 September 2008, 15:16   #26
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Got those games....

Jade Empire
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Half Life 2
Chronicles of Riddick : Escape From Butcher Bay
Serious Sam 2
Legacy of Kain: Defiance
Time Splitters

Couple more and my collection will be complete.
Old 14 September 2008, 02:10   #27
DamienD
Banned

Anyone tried out this recently leaked unreleased game yet?

... Rent-A-Hero No. 1 - English Translation

Downloading a torrent now
Old 16 September 2008, 10:25   #28
MazinKaesar
Super Robot Pilot

I think I want to play Dino Crisis 3 and Panzer Dragoon Orta...
Old 16 September 2008, 12:14   #29
seuden
uber cool demi god

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post

Downloading a torrent now
Wow, thanks for the info DamienD, be sure I'll check it out and post some feed back.
Old 16 September 2008, 14:33   #30
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Completed Ninja Gaiden. Very hard game, but great gameplay, longetivity and visuals.

For some strange reason in 13th or 14th level I had to restart game from DVD, as HD install was reporting bad disk?! (something was wrong with the timing when game supposed to read one of cut scenes. (the one with pyramid)
Old 16 September 2008, 14:48   #31
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Completed Ninja Gaiden. Very hard game, but great gameplay, longetivity and visuals.
Yup, it is very hard but an absolulety awesome game

Ninja Gaiden Black: unfortunately after finshing Ninja Gaiden I couldn't be bothered to try and finish this one. Too much pain again, though I must say that the new weapons do look cool
Old 17 September 2008, 03:39   #32
Chuckles
The Ancient One

Quote:
@Chuckles - I like boxing games, especially Ready 2 Rumble on DC. Are Fight Nights close to this one? (cover looks more serious game)
I'm not familiar with Ready 2 Rumble, so I can't compare it to Fight Night. Fight Night is one of the EA series of sports games though, with a career mode as well as the ability to take on a lot of boxing's best fighters in individual matches. The control scheme is about as intuitive as I can imagine, with the control sticks being used to control the movements of each arm/fist. There aren't any real complicated button sequences to have to learn, which makes it that much better. It's also a blast to play in 2 player mode, and that's a great way to take out any pent-up hostility against someone else. I had a lot of fun playing against my son, and kicking his butt without leaving any marks that would get me in trouble with his mom.
Old 18 September 2008, 00:25   #33
rsn8887

House of the Dead III might be worth a try!

Apparently it includes the full House of the Dead II game which is unlocked once you complete House of the Dead III! According to IGN it is even a lot of fun with just the gamepad. But if you can get hold of a lightgun for your Xbox, of course that should be best I would think.

Well, I haven't tried it myself yet. I just got me an Xbox lightgun from GameXchange store today, and ordered the game today. I cannot wait to try it though.

There's a surpising amount of very interesting Xbox games that got ignored back in the day because everybody was just focussing on Halo. Especially if you have a decade-old pc that cannot play any 3d games, then I'd say the xbox is a _very_ attractive platform to get into. Right now, the console and the games are insano cheap used.
Old 18 September 2008, 10:35   #34
RickyC

Though i dont think lightguns will work on any LCD Tvs, or plasmas for that matter.
Old 18 September 2008, 10:39   #35
seuden
uber cool demi god

Quote:
Though i dont think lightguns will work on any LCD Tvs, or plasmas for that matter.
Apparently some do some don't, I have bought some MadKatz ones, I'll leave feedback.
Old 18 September 2008, 10:49   #36
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

No standard lightgun will work with an LCD because they don't have scanlines at all and that's how lightguns work.

If the lightgun doesn't come with a little IR device to go above/below the TV then it won't work with an LCD.

There are now new ones which work with LCDs but unless the game has crosshairs displayed all the time you will really struggle to play the game.
Old 18 September 2008, 10:53   #37
seuden
uber cool demi god

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post
No standard lightgun will work with an LCD because they don't have scanlines at all and that's how lightguns work.

If the lightgun doesn't come with a little IR device to go above/below the TV then it won't work with an LCD.

There are now new ones which work with LCDs but unless the game has crosshairs displayed all the time you will really struggle to play the game.
With a google search I've come up with some interesting compatibilities with these guns so for the sake of £8.99 I thought I'd give it a go.

EDIT: I do have an old style TV so all is not lost anyhow.
Old 21 September 2008, 20:43   #38
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post

Graphics 3/10 (Very disappointing)
Gameplay 4/10 (WTF no analog controls ???)

Despite the crappy graphics and controls the game still seems to draw me.

Last edited by Retroplay; 21 September 2008 at 20:44. Reason: typo fix