English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 14 January 2005, 17:01   #1
Freckle
I like hats

Location: I fell down the stairs and bumped my head, so I am kind of half-in, half-out of the broom cupboard
Thumbs up Please help identify this games machine...

Hi there everyone, I really hope that somebody is able to help me with this...

Years ago my grandmother became a gaming addict. Everyday she would spend up to six hours playing a videogame on a machine that I have been unable to identify. It was the same game, a Cops 'n' Robbers, pac-man style game, over and over again - she was fantastic at it too.

At the height of her addiction we had three of these same machines at our house, which she then gave to my mother who promptly threw them out.

I have no idea what the machine was called, and my memory is a little hazy, but I have included a sketch of what my memory will allow.

Each game cartridge came with little thin plastic sheets that fit into the controllers and denoted which button to press for which action. The movement was controlled by a gold disk on each controller, and the controllers themselves slid into the middle of the machine. I'd guess it was about the size of an A1200, maybe a little bigger, and I think it was mostly in a dark wood-effect finish.

Anyone got any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	machine.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	7816  
Old 14 January 2005, 17:45   #2
mr_0rga5m
Tik Gora :D

Go here and have a look in the consoles section .. (your pic looks like an old binatone system i used to have btw)
Old 14 January 2005, 17:58   #3
tin

the "gold disk" bit tells me it's an intellivision? check http://www.intellivisionlives.com/ but don't be suckered into getting one of the dtv controllers - they're absolute shite!!
Old 14 January 2005, 18:04   #4
Chuckles
The Ancient One

I was also thinking Intellivision, and the link that tin posted leads to info on the console that includes scans that you can download of the overlays that fit into the controllers for various games. That is another bit of evidence to make me think that is the console you were thinking of.
Old 14 January 2005, 18:10   #5
tin

and by the looks of things your game was called lock n chase - http://home.online.no/~mrroboto/pacm...ly/lnc/lnc.htm
Old 14 January 2005, 18:13   #6
Photon

Dang you beat me to it

That site is mind-blowing btw, it's amazing that people have the time/legal possibility to go back in time and support the old machines...
Old 14 January 2005, 18:13   #7
Freckle
I like hats

Location: I fell down the stairs and bumped my head, so I am kind of half-in, half-out of the broom cupboard
That's the one!

Yes, that is definately the one that she used to have!

It wasn't for any reason, other than it was bugging me...

Thanks guys!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	shadowedinty[1].jpg
Views:	215
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	7818  
Old 14 January 2005, 18:16   #8
tin

wicked wicked!! I've been playing some intellivison on emulator recently (after getting one of those aforementioned shite DTV things) and it's really really good - way better than the atari VCS. I;ll check out lock n chase cos it looks good too
Old 14 January 2005, 18:16   #9
Freckle
I like hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin
and by the looks of things your game was called lock n chase - http://home.online.no/~mrroboto/pacm...ly/lnc/lnc.htm
Yes! That was the game too, argh... so many horrible memories are coming back to me of me being neglected, no dinner for me whilst my Grandmother was sitting addicted to her 'Lock 'n' Chase'...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lnc-intellivision-2[1].gif
Views:	207
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	7819  
Old 14 January 2005, 18:20   #10
Amiga1992

I've got an Intelly with osmething like 50 games that I barely use. Great machine! I have the Voice module and all but it seems like it's faulty
Old 14 January 2005, 19:11   #11
Android
A1200 Pervert OnBoard

That machine had 3 GREAT Games.....

Gorf
Donkey Kong Jnr
and... Venture..

I was addicted to em all..... Awesome machine of its day.