English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 15 December 2017, 23:50   #1
ipp0

Question FS-UAE shared folders (OS4.1)

Anyone set this up?

The boot process is ending up in the Amiga DOS screen when I add a folder as "hard_drive_1 = /folder".

My first hd is configured as:
hard_drive_0 = AmigaOS41.vhd
hard_drive_0_type = rdb

I know that there are options (https://fs-uae.net/docs/options/hard-drive-0), but I can't find any further description.

Thanks in advance.

ipp0
Old 17 December 2017, 19:37   #2
ipp0

O.K. Regarding to a post of Frode Solheim (found in this forum here) work on this is in progress but it's not possible because of uee ppc native uae ppc devices stuff (i forgot where it was .
I managed to do the file transfer with a hdf.img (updates, browser etc.) mounting it with linux. It*s working with hybyd graphics now. Pretty usable.

The guide that worked for me was somewhere here. Sorry I forgot too.. But it helped a lot.

Thanks!

Last edited by ipp0; 17 December 2017 at 20:03.
Old 20 December 2017, 18:31   #3
ipp0

Talking to myself.

The Guide is: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=75195
Great !!
It also solved the "Not a DOS Disk in DH0:" problem mentioned here in various threads.

The thing was:

"To able to boot from hard drive it's needed to copy some filesystems to Rigid Disk Block (RDB). To do this click on Add new FS.
In this case we choose SmartFilesystem from L:. As Dostype you must enter 53465300.Click on OK." (form turorial)

For me, I have to set every hd-device to 53465300 (.vhd, hdf etc.) for showing up in OS4.

To mount a hdf file with linux:
Code:
'mount -t affs -o loop (Work.hdf or whatever)/somwhere'
So you can put some software on the system without internet. Check out your loop device. (/dev/loop0, loop1, etc). Umount it before starting fs-uae (because of permissions).
I didnt't manage to mount vhd's correctly (bad superblock) regarding to some hints from stackoverflow.com.

The next thing will be instaliing MUI 3.8 apps under OS4-MUi. "I*m (how would Hyperion say?)

Greetings
ipp0