English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 12 June 2002, 06:13   #81
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by DPainter
The sad fact is, my A1000 is dead and I don't know what to do with it.
That's sad to hear. Just not burn it!

BTW this is the first time I hear about a pet being burned instead of buried.
Old 10 July 2002, 16:33   #82
BuZz

Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
Sorry to revive an old thread. But since I only just discovered it (Thanks to Paul), i felt it my duty to post some pics of my Lounge.

I need to get some pics of my bedroom done too. More computers hehe...

Guess what.. I dont have a girlfriend. Suprised?

http://totem.fix.no/~buzz/photos/
Old 10 July 2002, 16:36   #83
RetroMan

@BuZz

Kewl Finally a room that is as chatoic as mine is I´m sure if I would make a visit to your home, I would think it´s mine
Old 10 July 2002, 16:37   #84
BuZz

Oh, and Akira, you have some really cool stuff. Can i come and visit too?

And DAMN... I would love an arcade cabinet in here. Id like some kind of Jamma/neogeo/mame mix so i can play the real boards as well as emu'd games.
Old 10 July 2002, 22:49   #85
Amiga1992

Thanks Buzz, I love my old technology . And don't worry about girlfriends, as we discussed with whiteb, they are incompatible with computers, even less the old ones! Better get a replacement peripheral, like an Intellivision speech module ( ).

Come and visit anytime, the trip will be expensive though :P

A JAMMA cab is the next step... It's teh right thing to do!

[edit] Hahaha! I loved the pic with you and the C64! We love them old compies, don't we
Old 10 July 2002, 23:09   #86
Bloodwych

LOL Buzz!

You don't need a radiator in that room with all that stuff running! :eek

I think you need a bigger room!

You're a brave man having that laptop near that HUGE looking speaker (it is a speaker, yes?)! That thing must be like a second north pole! :eek

And the sheer amount of equipment :eek

Did I say :eek :eek :eek
Old 10 July 2002, 23:29   #87
Riempie
Amiga freak

And here some pics of the gaming room of me and my brother(living room)

We've took them with a very small digital camera so that's why the quality isn't that good... Well, you will get an impression!

Picture 1:

On the right you will see all our (mainly) Amiga software....

Picture 2:

A close-up of some of our Amiga and Atari Software.. Just look at all those Kick Off titles!

Picture 3:

This is our computer table... Left the pc and right our Amiga 1200 which we use most...
Old 11 July 2002, 02:16   #88
BuZz

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
Thanks Buzz, I love my old technology . And don't worry about girlfriends, as we discussed with whiteb, they are incompatible with computers, even less the old ones! Better get a replacement peripheral, like an Intellivision speech module ( ).

Come and visit anytime, the trip will be expensive though :P

A JAMMA cab is the next step... It's teh right thing to do!

[edit] Hahaha! I loved the pic with you and the C64! We love them old compies, don't we
Hows the current financial situation there effecting you ?
Are you able to get at savings or its limited? I read the government is trying to get people to except bonds, but to me that just seems an unsafe gamble.

Im moving soon and if after paying the rent for a larger place (buying in this city is impossible it hink. its soo expensive... £130,000 gets you a small flat) i intend to get a decent cabinet and buy a select few of my favourite arcades. speciall mutant fighter, since i loved it when i was younger and its unemulated due to encryption hardware etc.. typical data east stuff..

aah yes. c64 is my baby.. infact although you cant tell from the photos easily ont he large pictures. i am viewing a website on my laptop. that website is hosted on my c64!! running LNG

http://lng.sourceforge.net

I even coded some ofd the webserver myself for this project, although onyl a small amount (default document support and some bug fixes)

But hey, im thinking of going somewhere different for my hols. So how much you charge for a room. One with a view would be nice.. I mean no windows. just Commodore and old hardware everywhere
Old 11 July 2002, 02:18   #89
BuZz

Quote:
Originally posted by Bloodwych
LOL Buzz!

You don't need a radiator in that room with all that stuff running! :eek

I think you need a bigger room!

You're a brave man having that laptop near that HUGE looking speaker (it is a speaker, yes?)! That thing must be like a second north pole! :eek

And the sheer amount of equipment :eek

Did I say :eek :eek :eek
#

it does get a bit hot.. the HP9000 server is a noisy wanker too.

the speakers have been swapped since that pic.. well for larger ones. but it hasnt effectetzzZZZZ sdkncnedekcndvkvkijntvjnfjvfjvfjvfv

READY.

10 PRINT "EVERYTHING IS FINE"
20 PRAY

im drunk, so i couldnt end this post without saying "I love you"
and "I love you"

Old 11 July 2002, 04:58   #90
Amiga1992

First off, the situation over here is complete ARSE. It affected me enough to not be able to buy more computers! but I am in a pretty good situation after all, getting a good ammount of NICE freelance design jobs. So I'm cool. but I wish I could spend my cash on old compies again!

Our rooms have similarities mate. Check out our old amps (what is it with Amiga users and old amplifiers? They sound SO MUCH BETTER eh? ), and the compact macintoshes!

I'm curious about the black screen with green text though.. It's LNG right? I thought you needed SuperCPU for that to run... I assumed C64 is your baby since you have about 7 of them How many of those actually work?

Feel free to visit and stay for free, an old computer nutter is alwasy more than welcome in my house
Old 11 July 2002, 06:19   #91
BuZz

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
First off, the situation over here is complete ARSE. It affected me enough to not be able to buy more computers! but I am in a pretty good situation after all, getting a good ammount of NICE freelance design jobs. So I'm cool. but I wish I could spend my cash on old compies again!

Our rooms have similarities mate. Check out our old amps (what is it with Amiga users and old amplifiers? They sound SO MUCH BETTER eh? ), and the compact macintoshes!

I'm curious about the black screen with green text though.. It's LNG right? I thought you needed SuperCPU for that to run... I assumed C64 is your baby since you have about 7 of them How many of those actually work?

Feel free to visit and stay for free, an old computer nutter is alwasy more than welcome in my house
LNG is for base c64's. Designed for a 64kb system although it has support for other hardware (REU's etc)

i have around 11 c64's at the moment 8 or so work. the others i use for spares..

check the lng page i posted earlier for more info

well, i'd love to visit.... although im not sure the english are very popular in your country! however.. hehe.. you can protect me.
Old 11 July 2002, 06:55   #92
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by BuZz

well, i'd love to visit.... although im not sure the english are very popular in your country! however.. hehe.. you can protect me.
Most argies are jackasses.. They have this inane thing against England...

I love it, and have many brit friends, so no prob . You know, I *almost* wore England's shirt when Argentina lost (I hate footy )

"God save the Queen, coz we sure as hell won't!"
Old 11 July 2002, 07:34   #93
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Anybody ever seen *this* C64 before?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	64gold2.jpg
Views:	911
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	2939  
Old 11 July 2002, 08:04   #94
Amiga1992

Yep, made to commemorate some number of unit solds (1million?) units sold... And what about the Silver VIC-20? anther celebration machine. I dont have a pic right now (Where the HELL has the Secret Weapons of Commodore site went??)
Old 11 July 2002, 15:25   #95
spooner

Smile Spooner saying HI

Hi Guys,

im new to this board and wanted to say hi.....

ive been following the amiga emu scene on and off since early 97, it was a chance discovery that i found UAE.

One day i woke up and suddenly remembered an old strategy game that i just HAD to play again. That game was Carrier Command. I owned an original of this game when i had my first A500+ way back in 1990.

I started looking on the net for any instances of perhaps a PC port of this game, but stumbled upon the old Lazarus site, and from there picked up on UAE. Back then it was just DOSUAE, and i had lots of fun remembering all the old amiga DOS commands, Workbench stuff, and trying to play my old fav games.

anyways, heres a peek at my "lab" hehe

p.s. : sorry about the mess

take it ezeeee
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dcp_1511b.jpg
Views:	946
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	2944  

Old 18 July 2002, 23:12   #96
Jussi T.

Well hello...

I write here although at the moment i don't have pics about my positioning of machines...Mainly i use the pc (Amd 1000mhz/Windoes Me,Suse Linux (working on to get using of it..amiga like easiness in the programs of their own make and Help system is truely help system and of course there is too that getting started thing..(KDE-system i'm using and that easiness means..program can be open freely when you are taking info to use those stuff)/Amiga Forever...(well that one has been only waiting time to get amiga work and to get cable that can access information from pc to amiga (you've been speaking of some program called PctoAmiga...or something..is it better than AmigaE..)..I have in my pc peripherals likeVD-player/Cdr-Cdrw Writer Hp Deskjet 890C Pro Series,CanoScan N650U..Hpscanner isa-scsi is plainly not usable...no isa ports..;P...HItachi 19" CM751ET and the 3 1/2 drive (floppydrive)..so those where seeable...inner parts consist of..Matrox 450 (my sister is going to give me G550 but i'm thinking to buy Parhelia (G1000)..but when it's price has gone truely low...*before it goes away from the market...*I have to start sparing*)...then it's much better than any other..
I'm hoping that the new Amiga4.0 would come fast and that the Pc peripheral side would be tested soon...so I would get in hay a lot..(although i'm using my equipments to get it...no drunkaholic,drugaholic or Coffeeholic way)...
Amiga has:3.1 rom in it..(just the Wb needs to be installed..),Supraturbo 28 turbo and Golden Image second floppydrive....
At the moment my rooms tables and floor is flooded with dirty clothes (and clean one's)...sdome schools book of my upper school has to get to their place to the shelf...maybwe this week then...

Before I will take a photo I'll arrange things a bit..amiga things and linux things and pc stuff to their places and making them seeable...and of course game things too..(NWN from pc side,and amiga diskshelf and then things which means to me a lot...)...

So I make that one of my "Top Secret Projects"...You've not heard it you've not read it Got it....

Old 22 July 2002, 23:58   #97
Mick_AKA
crusader of light

ok, i found a pic of one of my little corners, does not do my room justice but its the only pic i can find!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	909
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	3064  
Old 23 July 2002, 04:38   #98
Amiga1992

Woo! All boxed! nice
Old 25 July 2002, 08:21   #99
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Here's my complete Amiga Power collection... mmmmm ... Amiga Power!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	apcollection.jpg
Views:	761
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	3099  
Old 25 July 2002, 09:56   #100
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Here's my computer station - Amiga tower and big TV on the left and PC box on the right. Most of my good Amiga stuff has been banished to the shed by my Mum!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	computerstation.jpg
Views:	909
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	3100