English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 30 September 2011, 06:30   #1
NovaCoder

Simple chunky 2D Graphics Library needed in C

Hiya,

I'm currently looking a doing a little Amiga AGA game and need a simple 2D only graphics library to do things like rotation/scaling/particle effects etc.

I'm not looking for an Amiga specific library, I'm actually after a chunky based library (CLUT8) so something written for the PC back-in-the-day would be ideal.

Thanks
Old 10 November 2011, 00:23   #2
balrogsoft

Hi NovaCoder.

Do you need the library written in C?, because i know that exist a library for this on aminet, but it's written in asm, but i can't remember the name.

Have a look to dev directory on aminet, maybe there are some c code also that you can use if you want to port to another platform.

Last edited by balrogsoft; 10 November 2011 at 00:40.
Old 10 November 2011, 00:36   #3
balrogsoft

I see that you are searching 2d drawing library, not a c2p library. Sorry.

Have a look to aminet dev/c directory, some c2p examples have rotozoom effects:

http://aminet.net/dev/c

[Edited]

I think that i found something that can interest you, there aren't particles or rotation, but it have a bitmap scaling example:

http://aminet.net/package/dev/src/ChunkyStartup2

Last edited by balrogsoft; 10 November 2011 at 01:37.
Old 10 November 2011, 23:51   #4
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by balrogsoft View Post
Hi NovaCoder.

Do you need the library written in C?, because i know that exist a library for this on aminet, but it's written in asm, but i can't remember the name.

Have a look to dev directory on aminet, maybe there are some c code also that you can use if you want to port to another platform.
Hiya,

If an native Amiga assembler 68k library exists with does what I want then I could use that ok but it will be a bit harder to link to and use without some decent documentation.

What I really looking for is a non-Amiga (eg PC DOS) 2D games library written in C that has a well documented API and features things like sprite scaling, rotation and particle and palette effects). I reckon quite a few of them were about a few years back (eg early 90's).....I've just got to find one
Old 19 December 2011, 12:39   #5
absence

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
What I really looking for is a non-Amiga (eg PC DOS) 2D games library written in C that has a well documented API and features things like sprite scaling, rotation and particle and palette effects). I reckon quite a few of them were about a few years back (eg early 90's).....I've just got to find one
I remember Allegro was popular at some point. Not sure if it still has all the paletted stuff from the DOS days, but it's worth a look.

Edit: Seems version 5 is missing a lot of the old stuff, so version 4 is probably the best place to start.

Last edited by absence; 19 December 2011 at 12:44.