English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Old 24 December 2015, 13:35   #1
khaz

4 colours icons in the style of WB31

Hi, I like the crude style of the stock Workbench 3.1, but there are a few icons I wish were included in the original release but weren't. I couldn't find any minimalist set that would fit, most artists tend to focus on highly detailed, colourful icons, or have a lower colour limit at 16, 8 when you're lucky. Unfortunately I'm not an artist at all and I hoped you guys could help me with it?

- The RAM disk icon is terribly nondescript. Maybe something that looks like a chip? Something that would look different than the standard floppy at least.

- A CF icon, specifically for the removable flash drive? The one that get to move from computer to computer, that doesn't contain the system files. Is there a way to make it default to CF? As in, floppies and CF would have two different default icons.

- User icons. This I think is what is really missing: a set of drawer icons that convey the meaning that you are entering the user personal space. Maybe a drawer with a little house for the main user drawer? and also maybe icons for documents, pictures, etc.

- Icons for installed stuff, like programs, games, WHDLoad, would also be cool to have.

- Is there a way to associate file type with icons? Because that would be cool too.

I realise I'm asking for a lot, and trust me I would have done it myself but I'm completely, utterly inept at any sort of visual arts.

Old 25 December 2015, 05:06   #2
idrougge

DefIcons associates filetypes with icons.
Old 25 December 2015, 08:57   #3
ptyerman

There is some NEXT type icons which fit with WB 3.1, the RAM disk icon is a chip there. They can be found on scope PD disk 48.
More information here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...cons+workbench
There is icons scattered all over the various PD collections. It is worth the time to search through them until you find what your looking for.

EDIT: Also there is numerous software in the PD collections and elsewhere that convert picture and brush files to icons. There is also icon editors, creators and so forth.

Last edited by ptyerman; 25 December 2015 at 09:00. Reason: Added info
Old 25 December 2015, 10:56   #4
khaz

I'm using BetterWB, which comes with deficons apparently so I'm going to check it out and try and make it work. seems quite powerful in how it's handling the file types.

This thread with the NEXT icons is interesting too, I'll check it when I'll be back home, although it seems to be an alternative set more than an expanding one. Still cool though, thanks!