English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Thread Tools
Old 06 May 2011, 05:52   #1
Zone Friend
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Germany
Age: 47
Posts: 5,857
Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Question REQ scan of "Die Kathedrale" (Chronicle book)

If you hate walkthroughs, you will absolutely need this comprehensive chronicle.
Otherwise there is no way to find the number of a book in a library that has over 2000 of them.

The cathedral's chronicle book shipped with the game is, undoubtedly, a hint book which will give the player hints of things he finds. So if he gets out a 1-3-8-1 in the game, it may be a directly usable code but it could also be a year mentioned (usually once) in the chronicle book.
This highly effective copy protection, which the game comes with, makes it 99% impossible to play the game without this document. The remaining 1 percent was that you knew a good friend who did have the original and was kind enough to copy you the chronicle consisting of over 60 (!!) pages. Yes, it is that big.

A hard-won "crack version", wasn't it!

Nonetheless, it would be nice to have the "Die Kathedrale" documents in HOL finally *complete*. Even though you can find a whopping 15 documents inside, the cathedral's chronicle is MISSING there.
(The chronicle must not be confused with the manual; these are separate documents, though should be roughly equal in size in their electronical form.)

So...is there any chance to get hold of a digital copy of this book one fine day? Please?
I would be eternally grateful (so would many others), since the game was really one of the best German graphic adventure games ever made!

Last edited by andreas; 08 May 2011 at 22:39.
andreas is offline  
Old 07 May 2011, 16:03   #2
Registered User
ratterpat's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: behind the moon
Age: 47
Posts: 74
Scanned and zoned! Have fun!
ratterpat is offline  
Old 07 May 2011, 20:29   #3
Registered User

TCD's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 42
Posts: 24,024
Thanks ratterpat Added
TCD is offline  
Old 08 May 2011, 22:35   #4
Zone Friend
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Germany
Age: 47
Posts: 5,857
Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
WOOOW! That must be my lucky day today!
Just won an auction at a ridiculous price (whilst an over-eager competitor won an auction 1 hour ago with the same item but had to pay 20 (!) euros more!!)

Thank you so much ratterpat!!
(as we say in German: "ich werde dich heute in mein Abendgebet einschlie├čen")

andreas is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
REQ scan of "The Adventurer's Handbook" (Hexuma; German) andreas request.Other 12 01 January 2012 13:56
Trade book "The Amiga Guru Book" for Amiga stuff copper38 Swapshop 6 31 January 2009 15:17
REQ: Power Play Special issues "Die Hundert Besten Spiele" (hundred best games) rsn8887 AMR suggestions and feedback 0 01 June 2007 20:02
REQ: "Nightmare" PackDisks from the Group "Last-Aid" Adderly request.Demos 0 25 October 2005 16:03
Req. "Mission Bavarya" and "Dark Angel" fullversion ST8 request.Old Rare Games 0 18 June 2002 19:51

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:14.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.06457 seconds with 13 queries