English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 02 January 2021, 22:34   #1
andyhants

How to install an App (AmiModRadio)

Ok so I know I really should have sussed this years ago, but could someone please either describe how I install a program / app on an HD Amiga setup or point me to an understandable tutorial.

To clarify I'm running an emulated Amiga under AmiKit X on my Windows 10 PC. The program i want to install is the latest version of AmiModRadio that's on Aminet (v0.999). There are a load of files on Aminet for the program here:

http://aminet.net/package/mus/play/AmiModRadio

but there's no installer & anyway I want to install it to a drawer of my choice on my AmiKit X config. I read regularly about having to add stuff to User-Startup about Assign...etc but dont understand how to do this or even if its needed. I also struggle with icons / .info files in Workbench & all that stuff about tooltypes etc.

Please go gently with me me - I know I should know this by now but i find it awfully unintuitive.

Thanks for any help as ever.

PS - If this should go in the 'Stupid questions youre embarrased to ask' - by all means please move it but i can't find that thread - thanks