English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 07 November 2020, 02:27   #1
TjLaZer
Registered User
TjLaZer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Tacoma, WA USA
Age: 49
Posts: 1,709
X-Copy V2.0 99 tracks

Trying to repair a bad X-Copy compilation disk that I have. Managed to fix some of the corrupt archives but one is X-Copy 2.0 99 track version. Been trying to find it and managed to find a pre-released version but it has lots of bugs.

http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=73214

There is a final version but can't seem to find a link to download it:

http://www.arabuusimiehet.com/break/...ls.php?id=9069

Anyone have it?
TjLaZer is offline  
Old 07 November 2020, 02:37   #2
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Retroplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denmark
Age: 46
Posts: 3,662
In the zone.
Retroplay is offline  
Old 07 November 2020, 03:41   #3
TjLaZer
Registered User
TjLaZer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Tacoma, WA USA
Age: 49
Posts: 1,709
Thanks, but this is the pre-released version.
TjLaZer is offline  
Old 07 November 2020, 05:13   #4
Wiking67
Blowing Out The Flame

Wiking67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lulea Sweden
Age: 54
Posts: 165
Send a message via MSN to Wiking67
in the zone
Wiking67 is offline  
Old 07 November 2020, 13:37   #5
wazza
Registered User

 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 51
To say it had bugs, it didn't stop us copying away merrily in 1990/91, that was the first version of X Copy I ever used and I still remember that intro music from the Pseudo Ops cracktro.
wazza is offline  
Old 08 November 2020, 05:41   #6
Subzero
Living and Legend

Subzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Isla de Muerta
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjLaZer View Post
Trying to repair a bad X-Copy compilation disk that I have. Managed to fix some of the corrupt archives but one is X-Copy 2.0 99 track version. Been trying to find it and managed to find a pre-released version but it has lots of bugs.

http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=73214

There is a final version but can't seem to find a link to download it:

http://www.arabuusimiehet.com/break/...ls.php?id=9069

Anyone have it?
you know this site http://jope.fi/xcopy/releases.html
Subzero is offline  
Old 11 November 2020, 14:17   #7
Jope
-
Jope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Helsinki / Finland
Age: 40
Posts: 8,298
My site doesn't have any of the hacked versions as per the wishes of the copyright owner. I have a private collection scattered around my hard disks though. The 99 tracks version and Black hawk's XCopy III are just about the only ones that have anything else than the graphics changed.
Jope is offline  
Old 11 November 2020, 17:46   #8
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

DrBong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope View Post
The 99 tracks version and Black hawk's XCopy III are just about the only ones that have anything else than the graphics changed.
Haven't tried those one myself. What's different about those hacked versions exactly?!
DrBong is offline  
Old 12 November 2020, 15:32   #9
Superman
Registered User

Superman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Wakefield
Age: 45
Posts: 918
I have a compilation disk with this on although I’m not sure if it’s pre release or not as there is no text to say so. On loading it plays music and has a loading screen but doesn't say pre release. A mouseclick loads the program. I notice it stays in memory and pops back up even after a reset. I attached the ADF
Attached Files
File Type: zip THE QUARTERBACK & SCOTT.zip (704.5 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by Superman; 12 November 2020 at 15:40.
Superman is online now  
Old 15 November 2020, 14:11   #10
Jope
-
Jope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Helsinki / Finland
Age: 40
Posts: 8,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
Haven't tried those one myself. What's different about those hacked versions exactly?!
The 99 track version is probably obvious.

X-Copy III's changes are in the text file that accompanies it.

http://ftp.amigascne.org/pub/amiga/T...x-XCopyIII.lha
Jope is offline  
Old 16 November 2020, 11:32   #11
musashi9
Registered User

musashi9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Japan
Posts: 176
Send a message via ICQ to musashi9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post
I have a compilation disk with this on although I’m not sure if it’s pre release or not as there is no text to say so. On loading it plays music and has a loading screen but doesn't say pre release. A mouseclick loads the program. I notice it stays in memory and pops back up even after a reset. I attached the ADF
Press the right mouse button to get the scroller to display.

As far as I know there is no final version of this as it is just a one off hack done by Pseudo-ops

Here is the disk from http://www.arabuusimiehet.com/break/...ls.php?id=9069
As you can see it also says pre-release.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mastercrew-Fundamental03.zip (700.1 KB, 57 views)
musashi9 is offline  
Old 18 November 2020, 14:13   #12
jarre
Registered User

jarre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Deventer - Netherlands
Posts: 558
x-copy

foundthis disk in my collection which should have it on, don't know if it is a pre-release or what..

xcopiers-x-utilities-hard-disk-version.zip


Only one question remains....99 tracks, why was this needed anywayz.......

Last edited by jarre; 18 November 2020 at 14:45.
jarre is offline  
Old 18 November 2020, 15:00   #13
Pfloyd
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Bonn / Germany
Posts: 80
99 tracks? Amiga DOS floppy drives use 160 tracks. So this is pretty useless - unless it means 99 cylinders ;-)
Pfloyd is offline  
Old 18 November 2020, 16:20   #14
Jope
-
Jope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Helsinki / Finland
Age: 40
Posts: 8,298
Of course 99 cylinders. :-) And indeed, it is quite useless. Most 3.5" mechs don't go much past cyl 81. Some can reach 83.
Jope is offline  
Old 18 November 2020, 18:01   #15
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

DrBong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
Haven't tried those one myself. What's different about those hacked versions exactly?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope View Post
The 99 track version is probably obvious.

X-Copy III's changes are in the text file that accompanies it.

http://ftp.amigascne.org/pub/amiga/T...x-XCopyIII.lha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
99 tracks? Amiga DOS floppy drives use 160 tracks. So this is pretty useless - unless it means 99 cylinders ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope View Post
Of course 99 cylinders. :-) And indeed, it is quite useless. Most 3.5" mechs don't go much past cyl 81. Some can reach 83.
Which is why I still asked the "obvious" question about the 99 track version. I couldn't conceive that some individual or group would've actually released such a useless, bastardised version of X-Copy to the scene. I was wrong!

As for Black Hawk's release of X-Copy III (thanks for the link!), I remember using that when I had an A500 for some of the useful extra features it had....but graduated to latter versions of X-Copy and then to other copiers that served my needs better when I bought an A1200HD and then an A4000. I didn't really need copiers all that much when I bought a modem and hit the BBS's and Amiga FTP sites/chat rooms, until I discovered WHDLoad/JST and started using NomadWarp, MFMWarp etc. to send patchers original games.
DrBong is offline  
Old 18 November 2020, 20:00   #16
demolition
Unregistered User
demolition's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Copenhagen / DK
Age: 40
Posts: 4,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
99 tracks? Amiga DOS floppy drives use 160 tracks. So this is pretty useless - unless it means 99 cylinders ;-)
Everywhere I look, cylinders=tracks for floppies. When they write 99 tracks, they obviously mean 99 tracks/side. No drives will go that far but perhaps they just didn't want the software to be the limitation..

I actually have one drive that goes all the way to 85. Don't really know what good it will do though except that I could put data there that most people wouldn't notice.
demolition is offline  
Old 19 November 2020, 19:00   #17
Jope
-
Jope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Helsinki / Finland
Age: 40
Posts: 8,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
but graduated to latter versions of X-Copy and then to other copiers that served my needs better when I bought an A1200HD and then an A4000.
I went with SuperDuper once I got my hands on the first version of it. Still with it! :-)
Jope is offline  
Old 28 November 2020, 04:51   #18
TjLaZer
Registered User
TjLaZer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Tacoma, WA USA
Age: 49
Posts: 1,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarre View Post
foundthis disk in my collection which should have it on, don't know if it is a pre-release or what..

Attachment 69748


Only one question remains....99 tracks, why was this needed anywayz.......
Hah, this is the disk I am trying to repair. Yours doesn't work either.
TjLaZer is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Copy Programs - X-Copy II Twinsystem & Project-D v1.0 - 2.2 Wiking67 request.Apps 0 21 June 2018 15:43
WinUAE: Copy Audio CD Tracks AMIGASYSTEM support.WinUAE 8 20 November 2017 22:22
Unknown Copy-Dongle [SOLVED: Siegfried-Copy 1.9SE] TheZock support.Hardware 4 26 November 2013 01:23
Requester Bug when copying IPF to Standard ADF with X-Copy/Power Copy. BarryB support.WinUAE 9 17 January 2012 21:20
Copy CF card file to ram:, insert other CF card, copy over? Photon support.Hardware 16 21 July 2009 23:05

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.09248 seconds with 14 queries