English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 18 April 2019, 10:00   #21
redblade
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinW View Post
But no matter DCTelnet is working just fine so I don't need it anyway.
I used to use DCTelnet from 99 to 2001. It's a good app and supports ZModem.
Old 18 April 2019, 13:34   #22
MartinW

Really the only reason I was wanting to try a different one was because I wasn't sure if the ascii art was rendering properly. It's probably just me though. I looked at some of it and couldn't really make it out - some of it was fine though so must just be my old brain!
Old 18 April 2019, 15:10   #23
madcap

Quote:
Really the only reason I was wanting to try a different one was because I wasn't sure if the ascii art was rendering properly. It's probably just me though. I looked at some of it and couldn't really make it out - some of it was fine though so must just be my old brain!

Maybe you're using a font that is not ready for ansi art?
Old 18 April 2019, 17:12   #24
Phantasm
Not a Rebel anymore

Quote:

maybe it was a c64 bbs and it was petscii :-P
Old 18 April 2019, 18:42   #25
jPV

Quote:
DCTelnet should have correct ANSI colors if used in its own screen, but if you run it in a WB window, then they're not correct...

Some boards also let you select which kind of ascii art they show you, I don't think any Amiga program shows the IBM (block) ascii that well... PC only boards were usually quite mess when used on Amiga, so better call to Amiga boards or to ones that take this into consideration and offer you some choices
Old 18 April 2019, 18:53   #26
MartinW

I'm referring to The Edge which is an Amiga board hosted on an A4000T. I was using Pot Noodle and also tried some other that I forget right now. DCTelnet is running in its own PAL screen and 8 colours. It's probably just me. Sometimes I squint at stuff and wonder what on earth it's meant to be
Old 20 April 2019, 14:57   #27
Jope
-

The nudelfonts package also has P0T-IBM, which you can use when calling a PC board with CP437 pictures.

http://aminet.net/package/text/bfont/NudelFonts