English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 05 January 2019, 23:05   #1
Tryphon

Windows 95 on a Vortex GoldenGate bridgeboard

Hello,

I ask to any owner of a GoldenGate bridgeboard running a functionnal Windows 95 to write here their detailed installation method.

I ask to any owner of this bridgeboard to declare their intention to try Windows 95 and write here what they did for this try and what is the issue if they failed.

I will develop why I already did to achieve this goal.

Thank you for help.
Old 06 January 2019, 04:05   #2
source
Zone Friend

I had windows 95 working on my 386 bridgeboard from commodore a couple years ago. The only issue I had was corruption with the PC partition running through the the Amiga IDE controller. I was thinking it was an issue with the max transfer rate but I have not had a chance to test the theory. It was installed through a CD rom drive and amiCDEX (I believe was the name of the program) It allowed the amiga cd rom be used as a pc drive.
Old 08 January 2019, 03:35   #3
Tryphon

Thank you source. I knew, this installation is possible on the Commodore bridgeboard. With the Goldengate I nerver reach that point since win95 froze early during the first start at the vmm32.vxd load process. However, Windows NT4 works fine. But it has limitation to install some software for compatibility reasons. I am digging as much as possible to isolate the issue inside the win95 start process, but someone else experience or just try on his GoldenGate could help a lot to brake this wall I am facing.