English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 25 May 2020, 04:23   #1
shades_aus

Most capable AMIGA copy/backup program.

Hey everyone,

Just wondering what is the most capable AMIGA copy/backup program known for AMIGA backups of ORIGINAL disks these days.

Please DON'T suggest X-Copy.

I own this with the cyclone dongle and it's not good enough, never has been. Sure, it's popular however, it fails to backup 80% of my original copy-protected disks, SuperDuper does a better job so, no X-Copy suggestions please.
Old 25 May 2020, 08:30   #2
Jope
-

The cyclone dongle can't be used with X-Copy anyway, you need to use it with Cyclone. ;-)

Basically you'd be looking at the various "parameter copiers" that were floating around. The parameters most often basically cracked the game as it was being copied.

.. so why not just download a cracked image and play that.
Old 25 May 2020, 14:06   #3
vbgd
Insider

Siegfried Copy is better in many cases, uses cyclone module too.

Otherways use KryoFlux or Supercard Pro to write 1:1 copies of your original discs on PC.
Old 25 May 2020, 14:12   #4
jotd
This cat is no more

cyclone cannot backup all games. Some games with very long tracks cannot be done with Cyclone. But I did perfect copies of a lot games anyway with it.

of course you HAVE to use Cyclone software with Cyclone hardware... Xcopy isn't going to use it at all...

IIRC: Leander worked, but Deliverance could not be copied. I can try to make a list of games which work if you want (games which don't work with xcopy nibble copy)

I also remember that Cyclone was able to rip Rob Northern copylock. Track 0 head 1 was replaced by a smiley, probably because the program recognized the protection track.

In 2020 I don't see the point for normal users. They can download cracked ADFs for their Goteks, or use whdload pre-installed stuff. I used that at the time to backup originals that people sent me to create installs. That was long before the wonderful IPF format (and SCP). Maybe if you want a 1-disk full version of Turrican III ...
Old 25 May 2020, 15:42   #5
zipper

I could copy everything I threw onto Datel Syncro Express III (Syncro mode) but it was heavily dependent on the speed of the drives used. Some hard to copy floppies could take over half an hour.
Old 25 May 2020, 17:39   #6
jotd
This cat is no more

There was another device called AllCopySystem. Not the best. Datel is a quality brand (they did Action Replay)

I remember the joy of having created a working copy of a game that even nibble copy could not copy! that was priceless.
Old 25 May 2020, 18:08   #7
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Powercopy. The best of all.
Old 26 May 2020, 01:45   #8
shades_aus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
cyclone cannot backup all games. Some games with very long tracks cannot be done with Cyclone. But I did perfect copies of a lot games anyway with it.

of course you HAVE to use Cyclone software with Cyclone hardware... Xcopy isn't going to use it at all...

IIRC: Leander worked, but Deliverance could not be copied. I can try to make a list of games which work if you want (games which don't work with xcopy nibble copy)

I also remember that Cyclone was able to rip Rob Northern copylock. Track 0 head 1 was replaced by a smiley, probably because the program recognized the protection track.

In 2020 I don't see the point for normal users. They can download cracked ADFs for their Goteks, or use whdload pre-installed stuff. I used that at the time to backup originals that people sent me to create installs. That was long before the wonderful IPF format (and SCP). Maybe if you want a 1-disk full version of Turrican III ...

Yes, I worded that badly.
I have both of these programs and they haven't been able to backup my disks. Not even my game Core.
Old 26 May 2020, 10:33   #9
Misclegend
Banned

powercopy is by far the best
Old 18 August 2020, 21:42   #10
vbgd
Insider

No, Siegfried Copy a not well known tool from Germany copied nearly everything.