English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 01 September 2012, 00:00   #201
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Penthouse Hot Numbers, Blue Angel 69 and Sexy Droids etc.

Can someone please tell me how play or link to a manual please? I want to make longplays of these games
Old 01 September 2012, 00:18   #202
s2325
Zone Friend

Choose the highest number in horizontal or vertical line but one color - plus points, other color - minus points.
Old 01 September 2012, 08:09   #203
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
I'll add a few things to the basic concepts that s2325 gave:

- First, each player can only play in one direction: usually P1 plays horizontally and P2 vertically.

- Each time it is your turn, you can only play in the line (or respectively column) corresponding to the last tile (number) that was picked up by your opponent.

- As a consequence, while it may look simple at first, the aim of the game is not necessarily to grab the tiles with most points to get the higher sum.
Sometimes it might be a good idea to pick a tile with a low number or even one that will get substracted if it will force your enemy to pick a tile with a low number or negative points.

So if you can (well, it is not that easy ) planning moves several turns in advance (like in chess) will provide a decisive advantage.

The pages I had linked to in that post:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=832781

had/have some more information, but it seems like the author is redesigning his site (which also has a lot of information on many puzzle/strategy games).

Edit: Seems like there was even a change of domain name. Here are the pages:
http://theodor.lauppert.ws/games/maxit.htm
http://theodor.lauppert.ws/games/sexydr.htm
http://theodor.lauppert.ws/games/puzzle.htm

Last edited by lilalurl; 01 September 2012 at 08:42.
Old 04 September 2012, 22:26   #204
s2325
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay View Post
Resolution 101 i got this free with a pack of ten blank discs (i also got Supercars from another pack)

didnt come with instructions.... i still have no clue what to do now
Some gameplay was explained in preview version: [ Show youtube player ]
Old 05 September 2012, 10:13   #205
scifi
Resurrected...

I have to agree with the first post of the thread... Vampire's Empire... a chaotic game that I couldn't understand how you place the mirrors and how you can change their directions along the way.. I guess those mirrors had to do with the beam of light that follows you around and you had to guide it through those reflected mirrors.. emm... somewhere??
Does anybody have clue about this game?
Old 05 September 2012, 10:33   #206
s2325
Zone Friend

Here is longplay: http://www.youtube.com/user/99haynes?feature=CAwQwRs%3D
Old 05 September 2012, 10:53   #207
scifi
Resurrected...

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
WOW! Thanks a lot!
I guess there's a game waiting to be finished after so many years!
Old 08 November 2012, 15:31   #208
Oldskool Bitz

Super Scramble Simulator
Old 09 November 2012, 02:15   #209
lesta_smsc

Rome AD 92 ... I recall completing it, but being able to kill people and 'get away' with it was an interesting 'bug' I discovered! Just in case anyone is interested:

If you get caught by guards and getting taken away, just click on someone and he'll say "I say" or sometimes you can even then kill the guard and do the same to be a free man!
Old 12 November 2012, 19:06   #210
Rekrul

Germ Crazy - Reminded me of Microsurgeon on the Intellivision. I liked the concept of fighting the germs inside the body, but could never figure out how to play it.

Mind Walker - Supposedly a good game, but it didn't make any sense.

Captain Blood - Like most people, I could never understand it.

Powermonger - I understood Populous, Syndicate, etc, but could never get the hang of playing this one.

Thunderstrike & Trex Warrior - In both games you fly around a simple 3D landscape and shoot things.

The Killing Cloud - I understood the basic idea, but didn't know how to actually play the game.

Wreckers
- Liked the graphics, no idea how to play it.

Stormball - OK, it's some kind of futuristic tennis game, but what are the rules?

Alien (C64) - Budget game by Argus Press. I bought a copy, which came with a single sheet of instructions. I still couldn't figure out how to play it!
Old 13 November 2012, 11:34   #211
roy bates

do you mean this game rekrul?
Old 13 November 2012, 14:04   #212
Rekrul

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy bates View Post
do you mean this game rekrul?
No, although I found that one confusing as well.

This is the game I'm talking about;

http://www.lemon64.com/games/details.php?ID=81

Old 17 November 2012, 01:22   #213
JohnnyWalker
aka ThunderPeel2001

Powermonger and Populous II. (Still no idea.)
Old 17 November 2012, 01:49   #214
Rekrul

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWalker View Post
Powermonger and Populous II. (Still no idea.)
If you know how to play Populous, then Populous II isn't that hard to pick up. Granted, a quick skim through the manual helps.

You can find the manuals for these games and many others at;

http://amiga-manuals.xiik.net/

To anyone else who might want to learn how to play Populous; The tutorial in the Populous manual is pretty good, but whatever you do, don't select the tutorial option in the game. For some reason, that seems to run the game at an accelerated pace, making it very hard to get anywhere. Just use the normal game mode while following the tutorial in the manual.

That's how my friend and I learned to play it.
Old 17 November 2012, 03:52   #215
Jonathan Drain

I played Syndicate for the first time a couple of years ago. I never worked out how you actually play it. Maybe I should have read the manual.
Old 17 November 2012, 04:31   #216
Jonathan Drain

In K240, you make money by selling the ore you mine. However, I noticed years later that there's a secret money source that's not mentioned in the game's manual or anywhere. You get 100 credits per day for each colony you have, and 2 credits per day for each colonist. It makes no sense, but the optimum strategy is to have colonies full of hundreds of unemployed workers that are somehow making you money.

In UFO: Enemy Unknown (X-Com), your money comes from nations who fund you based on your performance. Your secondary income source is selling spare captured alien technology. However, the optimal strategy is actually to hire hundreds of engineers and have them make laser cannons all day long for sale. You make way more money this way than pandering to nations.
Old 17 November 2012, 04:31   #217
Rekrul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Drain View Post
I played Syndicate for the first time a couple of years ago. I never worked out how you actually play it. Maybe I should have read the manual.
Syndicate isn't that hard to play, once you know the basics. It's definitely more straight-forward than games like Populous. The manual is available on the site I posted.

Some tips;

Don't change the tax rates on the map. Lower rates don't do anything and higher rates will just cause that country to revolt, causing you to have to re-play the mission.

Early in the game, picking up enemy weapons and selling them back at HQ is a good way to get some extra cash. If you haven't yet reached the point where you can buy whatever you want, don't leave a mission without loading your guys up with whatever is available, even if they're empty. Mini-guns are good, bombs are better (if you can get them before they explode).

Going head-to-head with the enemy in later levels will lead to a quick death. Instead, equip your guys with flame throwers, hide behind a building, right next to the corner, and roast the enemy as soon as they reach the corner (fire early!). A hit with the flame thrower is a one-shot kill, but any weapons they're carrying will be burned up as well.

When hiding behind a building with the flame throwers and you've killed about 50 enemy agents, you'll start thinking that you've gotten them all. You haven't. There's always a few more who will turn your team into Swiss cheese the moment you move out from behind cover.

Never ride in vehicles while any enemies are around. They will shoot the vehicle and blow it up, setting your guys on fire.

To commandeer a vehicle, shoot it and the driver will flee. Just don't shoot it too much, or it will explode. You can shoot while riding in vehicles, but it's harder to aim because they move much faster than you do while on foot.

Never put your agents in panic mode while they're armed with gauss guns (rocket launchers), they will go through the ammo in about five seconds.

To use the persuadertron on a target, you first have to prime it by persuading average people. The harder the target, the more people you need to prime it with. Persuaded people will pick up discarded weapons and fight with you. This is detailed in the manual, but many people seem to miss it.

Finally, I have to note that I was disappointed to find that the Amiga version is somewhat cut down from the DOS version, which has a larger variety of vehicles on the road.
Old 10 December 2012, 23:26   #218
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
Games which are non-intuitive and still don't have longplays: Bonecruncher
I have made a level 1 walkthrough for the C64 version.
[ Show youtube player ]

Amiga version plays exactly the same.

Why is the original game so bloody hard to find on Amiga...
Old 11 December 2012, 11:18   #219
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

I could never figure out how to take off in Gunship.

I could never figure out what to do / where to fly in Warhead.

A shame, really, as both looked like really great games to immerse oneself in.
Old 13 December 2012, 10:18   #220
Jonathan Drain

I could never land a plane in any flight sim. I never got more than three missions in F-15 Strike Eagle II, because that's how many times they let you away with ejecting and ditching the plane over your own carrier.