English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 01 July 2015, 11:07   #81
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Another steaming pile of Tiertex

Damn, how could they manage to churn out so many games? I was unlucky enough to have Strider 2 - horrible horrible game!

BTW Zeus, one of these days you should review Duckula II
Old 01 July 2015, 12:41   #82
DisposableHero

HKM wasn't their worst crime, simply because it was an original game, rather than a massacring of an arcade game or other commercial property. Looking through their list of games on HOL only MERCS, UN Squadron and maybe Thunder Blade are any good. I had Italy 1990 when I got my Amiga, would've been okay if it wasn't so easy - I won matches on it while in plaster, which says something.
Old 01 July 2015, 12:59   #83
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
Damn, how could they manage to churn out so many games? I was unlucky enough to have Strider 2 - horrible horrible game!
Strider 2? Well I guess in the general scheme of gaming it was a bit of a turd, but I can't help but compare it to the dire Strider 1 port - compared to that it is actually decent.

It suffered from the same problem as many other Amiga platforming-shooty titles; the inability to dodge bullets. The Zeusdaz video about Strider 2 actually demonstrates that quite well:

[ Show youtube player ]

I really-really-really dislike games which operate on the basis of running from healing point to healing point rather than allowing you to dodge things with actual skill.
Old 02 July 2015, 03:21   #84
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Members. Make sure you have a look at this review.
Cheers bud!
Old 04 July 2015, 01:23   #85
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
Another steaming pile of Tiertex

BTW Zeus, one of these days you should review Duckula II
I will add that to the list
Old 04 July 2015, 02:26   #86
ZEUSDAZ

Amiga music - best in the world...period!!!

I think it's safe to say we can all agree the best computer / video game music ever was on the Amiga A500, many of the tunes will forever go down in Amiga history,...total golden days.
I have compiled my top 75 Amiga music countdown chart showing my favourite tunes and I hope you enjoy it as it took me forever to record and edit it.
Some of you have watched it where others don't know about it, so I thought I would do a reminder post.
All tunes are complete from start to finish,...no fadeouts.
[ Show youtube player ]

I really hope you enjoy it, please leave comments on it if you feel the need to and if you like my channel please sub, all uploads are using the real hardware, no emulation, channel dedicated to you gamers!!!

All the best, Zeus
Old 04 July 2015, 03:22   #87
ransom1122

Completely agree with you. Thanks for the share and congratulations on a wonderful clip showcasing many memorable moments.
Old 04 July 2015, 12:02   #88
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Completely agree with you. Thanks for the share and congratulations on a wonderful clip showcasing many memorable moments.
No problem buddy, thanks for the positive comments.

I had a bit of an annoying reply to this thread on the other amiga site Lemon by MIK UK, it kind of pissed me off considering the amount of work I put into these vids whilst making no money, here's the link, take a look,...just selfish of that user I feel, comments like that make me ask myself "why bother with what I'm doing?"
http://www.lemonamiga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12731
Old 04 July 2015, 12:20   #89
ptyerman

Ignore the trolls and know that the rest of us do appreciate what you do!
Old 04 July 2015, 12:45   #90
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Nice video, Zeusdaz. And what an idiot on Lemon. There is cleary no advertising in or linked to this clip. His computer is probably messed somehow, spyware, maleware etc.
Old 04 July 2015, 12:56   #91
Amon_RA

Thanks for this awesome compilation, it sure brings back memories!
Old 04 July 2015, 15:03   #92
Stefan Lindberg
Zone Friend

I get to see an ad when watching the video.. not a banner but a short video ad before the actual video, i guess it depends on if you are logged in to youtube and/or what browser you use.
I do also get this kind of ads added to my videos i upload when youtube finds "matched third party content"... basically everything by Chris Huelsbeck (except Masterblazer) adds some ads to my videos.
I understand there is an enormous amount of work needed for this kind of videos since it is recorded from real hardware, i been thinking of doing something the same but for Atari ST music

I only get mono sound though... is this how it was recorded or is it Youtube encoding that removed the stereo effect?
Old 04 July 2015, 15:09   #93
Amon_RA

Youtube is owned by Google, and Ads are their main income :-) Youtube has been showing ads before playing a video for a while now (the ads are location bound). If you have an adblocker installed you'll probably not see them.
Old 04 July 2015, 15:59   #94
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
i guess it depends on if you are logged in to youtube and/or what browser you use.
Even unlogged and my adblocker disabled i get no short ad. Firefox 38, Windows 7.
Old 04 July 2015, 17:30   #95
Galder
Amiga is my Goddess

Awesome! Thanks ;]
Old 04 July 2015, 21:04   #96
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptyerman View Post
Thanks buddy, I honestly earn nothing for my work on my channel, I just try to bring a good channel to retro gamers.

Zeus
Old 04 July 2015, 21:09   #97
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Lindberg View Post
I get to see an ad when watching the video.. not a banner but a short video ad before the actual video, i guess it depends on if you are logged in to youtube and/or what browser you use.
I do also get this kind of ads added to my videos i upload when youtube finds "matched third party content"... basically everything by Chris Huelsbeck (except Masterblazer) adds some ads to my videos.
I understand there is an enormous amount of work needed for this kind of videos since it is recorded from real hardware, i been thinking of doing something the same but for Atari ST music

I only get mono sound though... is this how it was recorded or is it Youtube encoding that removed the stereo effect?
Hi there, yes I record all Amiga footage in Mono sound simply because that way it can be listened to correctly through headphones, the Amiga stereo is totally split into two channels which causes unbalanced sounds through headphones,...if you listen to this video of mine through headphones ( [ Show youtube player ]) you will know what I mean hence why I upload all my Amiga uploads in Mono from that point onwards so you can listen to it correctly with headphones if in a public place
Old 04 July 2015, 21:10   #98
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptyerman View Post
Thank you, you're very kind
Old 05 July 2015, 12:04   #99
Bastich

Thanks for the tunes

I love having this sort of thing running in the background (or DeliPlayer). Every now and again it highlights a game I have never seen which prompts a good retro game evening
Old 06 July 2015, 06:56   #100
mld
uade team

thank you for the music and all your effort.

mld/uade team