English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 14 June 2017, 17:47   #1
PeterK

Picasso iV ROM file path

Maybe, this has already been fixed since WinUAE 3.4.0.0 ?

If I go to Expansion Board Settings / Graphics boards / Picasso IV and select a Picasso IV ROM file under my ROM path "M:WinUAE/Roms" then the Input bar shows just "Picasso IV (128k)" instead of the file path and indeed this ROM was not found until I did a new ROM scan.
Old 14 June 2017, 19:41   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Not much information but sounds like you had invalid rom scan data (scanned and then roms were moved).
Old 14 June 2017, 20:32   #3
PeterK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
(scanned and then roms were moved).
Yes, that's correct, I've copied the Picasso IV ROM from the Amiga Forever 7 Installation into my personal ROM folder "M:WinUAE/Roms" and then uninstalled Amiga Forever 7 beta.

But my question was why doesn't WinUAE recognize the explicit selected location of the Picasso IV ROM file without a new ROM scan in the same way as it does ie. with the CyberStorm PPC ROM? It doesn't show the file path for the Picasso IV ROM. It finds the CyberStorm ROM but not the Picasso IV ROM until you do a new ROM scan.

Last edited by PeterK; 10 May 2018 at 21:19.
Old 14 June 2017, 21:31   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

That is wrong question. CyberStorm (and BPPC) rom images are not like any other rom images. They are flash rom images and are not read-only (contain boot menu config data) = can't be detected using checksums like all other "normal" rom images.

(yes, technically picassoiv is flash rom image but it does not change during use)
Old 14 June 2017, 22:19   #5
PeterK

So what is the sense of selecting a Picasso IV ROM image explicitly with a file requester if its path is not recognized without a new ROM scan?

It may work if the ROM path is set to the default somewhere under (I don't know) "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amiga Files\WinUAE\..." or similar but not if you have a personal setting for the ROM path.

If my ROM file selection for Picasso IV has no meaning why is there a gadget for a file requester? Then it might be better to offer a selection of already identified Picasso IV ROMs found by the last ROM scan before.

Last edited by PeterK; 14 June 2017 at 22:35.
Old 22 June 2017, 12:00   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Works for me. It only gets replaced with "Picasso IV" if path matches rom scan path. Any other path = path is normally visible.
Old 22 June 2017, 18:18   #7
PeterK

ATM, I cannot reproduce the exact WinUAE configuration as it was after copying the Picasso IV ROM from Amiga Forever into my own ROM path and then uninstalling AF. Once I did the new ROM scan this problem was solved.

Although I tried to change or rename the registry setting for "ROM_091" and also edited or commented the P-IV paths out in the configuration file, the problem doesn't want to come back now. But I swear: "It was there!"

Last edited by PeterK; 22 June 2017 at 19:15.
Old 22 June 2017, 19:04   #8
AMIGASYSTEM

Ciao PeterK, once it happened to me something similar e solved with the option setting winUAE "use relative path"
Old 22 June 2017, 20:05   #9
Romanujan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
CyberStorm (and BPPC) rom images are not like any other rom images. They are flash rom images and are not read-only (contain boot menu config data) = can't be detected using checksums like all other "normal" rom images
But how much of the ROM is actually being modified? I suppose you could detect them reliably by checksumming only part of them which does not change.
Old 29 March 2018, 05:22   #10
methodman

I am trying to install Picasso96 into an A1200 configuration and it seems that I keep losing the rtg expansion card. I have rescanned the roms and it is finding the Picasso driver, and I installed the Pic installation, but it refuses to provide me with the screen modes and than will change the Rtg card to the blank one at the top. I chose Zorrow IV is this incompatible with the A1200? I can't get the RTG card to attach to the system. Any wyas if someone can help me thanks. Also thanks to the person that helped me figure out how the HDF file system works.
Old 29 March 2018, 19:14   #11
Saghalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by methodman View Post
I am trying to install Picasso96 into an A1200 configuration and it seems that I keep losing the rtg expansion card. I have rescanned the roms and it is finding the Picasso driver, and I installed the Pic installation, but it refuses to provide me with the screen modes and than will change the Rtg card to the blank one at the top. I chose Zorrow IV is this incompatible with the A1200? I can't get the RTG card to attach to the system. Any wyas if someone can help me thanks. Also thanks to the person that helped me figure out how the HDF file system works.
You are talking about two different things in your post.
Picasso IV and UAE Zorro III (although you called it Zorro IV). Which
do you want to install? Picasso IV or UAE Zorro III?

It's just a matter of selection.

If the UAE Zorro III is selected and then "disappears" you need to save
your configuration file before you start the emulation.
Old 01 April 2018, 02:00   #12
pipper

Make sure, 24bit address bus is disabled (so you’ll get 32bit)