English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 12 January 2004, 21:53   #1
Troy

Joystick/keys?

Hi,

Many years ago I had an Amiga and had great fun playing the games. Of course the PC came along and the Amiga was strangled to death.

Now I'm trying to relive those glory days of the Amiga with the help of WinUAE. However I'm having some problems, which is why I'm posting here. :-)

1) I have a forcefeedback joystick however it doesn't seem to work within WinUAE. I have selected joystick 1 from the config screen but whenever I press fire to start a game nothing happens. If I use the mouse I can left click and the game starts but its a bit hard going left/right etc.. with a mouse.

2) Within the Config screen under controllers their is also options for keyboard controls, namely a, b, and c. What keys are mapped with these options?

3) Is there resource that tells myself what settings I need to get a particular game running?

4) Where can I get the Eric Schwartz <sp?> demos from, if you know the ones I'm on about of course, all the little cartoons etc.. and will they work with WinUAE?

5) I think thats enough questions for now

Thanks for any help,

Troy

Old 12 January 2004, 22:29   #2
P-J

Re: Joystick/keys?

Quote:
Originally posted by Troy
Many years ago I had an Amiga and had great fun playing the games. Of course the PC came along and the Amiga was strangled to death.

Now I'm trying to relive those glory days of the Amiga with the help of WinUAE. However I'm having some problems, which is why I'm posting here. :-)
Welcome, it's quite a ride...

Quote:
1) I have a forcefeedback joystick however it doesn't seem to work within WinUAE. I have selected joystick 1 from the config screen but whenever I press fire to start a game nothing happens. If I use the mouse I can left click and the game starts but its a bit hard going left/right etc.. with a mouse.
Joystick '0' is the first joystick on your system, and Joystick '1' is the second. I suggest you select Joystick '0'.

Quote:
3) Is there resource that tells myself what settings I need to get a particular game running?
http://www.back2roots.org

Quote:
4) Where can I get the Eric Schwartz <sp?> demos from, if you know the ones I'm on about of course, all the little cartoons etc.. and will they work with WinUAE?
Post this in req.Demos, and you'll probably get an answer!
Old 12 January 2004, 23:06   #3
Amiga1992

Eric Schwartz animations are all over Aminet. READ OUR FORUM RULES AND FAQS before posting any requests (you should have done so first thing before posting anything, though :P)

Our README, Forum's rules and FAQs

How to find games

How to find the music you are looking for

This reminds me, I should do the same for demos and apps. Help welcome :P
Old 13 January 2004, 14:41   #4
Troy

Akira & P-J thanks for your help. I'll try Joystick 0 later when I get home.

I've also taken time out to read the forum FAQs, though I don't know about other people but their are sooo many FAQs for the WinUAE that it sometimes gets a bit confusing.

So tonight is play time :-) I guess I'll have to trawl through this site and others to get the adf's I need and suss out the configs to get the games to run, thank god for broadband!

Cheers,

Troy

Old 13 January 2004, 18:13   #5
Sune Salminen
Dinamáquina

Re: Joystick/Keys

Troy,

it sounds like you configured the mouse to be attached to the joystick port. Try reversing your input config.

HTH