English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 13 October 2012, 19:47   #1
Nephew of Mento

Assistance requested

Hello, I am a fan of nostalgic gaming, and that is what brings me to these parts. I'm actually looking for assistance from you techie geniuses. I'm a fan of a long out of production board game called Heroquest. They had a few ports to amiga. Some of those ports were directly taken from the actual board game and expansions, but one was completely new. So, because there are no longer any more expansions being made for this boardgame, I wanted to build an expansion based on the Amiga game Heroquest II: Legacy of Sorasil. The only problem is that it is not easy to see what stats certain characters/monsters/items have. This is likely a lot to ask, but is there anyone out there who knows how to dump the game and find these stats? Does anyone want to give it a try? Let me know. Thanks a ton.

(Also, I hope this thread is in the right section, sorry if not)

Old 13 October 2012, 20:05   #2
prowler
Global Moderator

Hi Nephew of Mento, and welcome to EAB!

I've moved your thread from the Off Topic forums into the support.Games forum where it is more appropriate and to give it better exposure.

It's an interesting project you're taking on here so, if you get the help you are seeking and make any progress, please keep us updated as you go.
Old 13 October 2012, 20:46   #3
Djay
95th User

You can make custom quests in heroquest 2? Awesome!

Hi nephew of mento, welcome to eab!

I too a bit of a fan of heroquest, I have a mint boxed one and knackered one too...

There is pc heroquest not the same as the commercial release it a freeware project that also lets you create custom quests etc, its very simple to use but is very simple in design ie top down view with basic graphics...
Old 13 October 2012, 20:47   #4
s2325
Zone Friend

http://i.imgur.com/ORLiC.png
http://i.imgur.com/ifIQH.png
from http://hol.abime.net/701/manual
Old 13 October 2012, 21:55   #5
Nephew of Mento

I'm sorry, I was not specific enough. No, you cannot make custom quests in Heroquest II, I am going to use the information from Heroquest II to create new expansions for the boardgame. And, I thank you for the information from the manual, but I guess I was misleading when I stated I was looking for character and spell stats. What I am most interested in is actually the enemy stats and information on what the items do as the game seems pretty uninformative on that front. I can roughly guess their number of hits they can take, but that is all. Let me know, thanks.

Old 13 October 2012, 23:02   #6
Djay
95th User

So the board game expansions were different from the game ones? Interesting...
Old 13 October 2012, 23:28   #7
Nephew of Mento

Only the Legacy of Sorasil game was different. The others came directly from the board game expansions. I should say, as far as I know, they came directly from the board game, considering they had the same names.

Old 17 October 2012, 01:27   #8
Nephew of Mento

So, again, I guess the question is, does anyone know how to look at the game's make up and find the stats of items and monsters? That is what I am after, thanks for looking.