English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 14 December 2010, 10:00   #1
Duthos

Seeking a Little Assistance

So, I have WinUAE 2.3, and numerous kickstarts.

After finally getting past my first problem (detecting said kickstarts, apperently they need to be in a subfolder) I thought, FINALLY, I can play the ultimate version of the ultimate artillarry game (Worms: Director's Cut)

Apperently, the only kickstart that is being recognized is A500+, but someone here said that was the most compatable version, so I have that selected. I select the first disk of the Worms game (there are three disks) and now instead of any kind of error, when I hit start the screen turns black, then gray, then white, and stays white until I kill the program.

I have been trying to get some life out of this for hours, but I am nearing my wits end. Is there something more I need to do to install a game? Am I running it wrong? Do I need a different 'model?'

Please folks... I have wanted to play the old school worms for years, their new release sucking so bad has made this worse, and discovering they made an uber version for a platform I scarcely heard of is driving me nuts.

Um, I am running Windows 7 64, and I have attached my log. Also ,I have cookies for whomever gets this working.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (10.2 KB, 179 views)

Old 14 December 2010, 10:07   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

For Worms Director's Cut you need a 3.x KS and the AGA chipset. Best to choose the A1200 quickstart and see if it works.
Old 14 December 2010, 10:23   #3
thomas

Also enable on-screen LEDs and see what the floppy disk is doing. Reading the game disk at original speed might need some minutes.
Old 14 December 2010, 10:38   #4
Duthos

OK, I got the A1200 working, now I get as for as the title screen before it simply stops (I left it for quite awhile). When I ran this on Amiga FOrever I made it as for as "so where is disk 2," but couldn't figure out how to switch disks (the f12 menu seemed to have zero effect)

I looked around the options, but I did not see the LED options you are reffering to.

But I saw the title screen... I can almost taste it.

Old 14 December 2010, 10:43   #5
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

When you press F12, select the floppy drives panel. There you can change the disks. Have you tried clicking the mouse, pressing return or space on the title screen?
Old 14 December 2010, 10:48   #6
Duthos

Yes, after selecting the next disk it appears to have zero effect when I return to the window I have worms running in.

Old 14 December 2010, 10:52   #7
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Okay, A1200 4 MB Fast quickstart will work. You need to press the right mouse button and after quite some loading time the main menu will appear. The on-screen LEDs are on the 'Miscellaneous' panel as 'Native OSD'. Activate it and see if the floppy LEDs are still flashing. Use End + Pause to speed up emulation (and it bring it back to normal afterwards).
Old 14 December 2010, 10:55   #8
Duthos

I got it... in Amiga Forever (loading all images at once bypassed the CD swap problem).

Although it does not seem to run as smooth as the older version for DOS. Thank you very much for the help, but my quest for the best Worms 1 continues.