English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 11 July 2018, 19:48   #261
sigma63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope View Post
But in any case, last weekend my cassie has booted floppies whose contents I made and which were mastered by Zer0-X. I have his tool, so I can spin "factory fresh" raw images of the disk images you provided before..

The Amiga mastering tool is still WIP, progress is very slow because I'm learning C at the same time.
Hello Jope / Zer0-X, is there any chance publishing your mastering-tool?

Cheers
Old 11 July 2018, 21:23   #262
Jope
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma63 View Post
Hello Jope / Zer0-X, is there any chance publishing your mastering-tool?

Cheers
You probably won't need the Zer0-X tool, all known disks have already been deprotected with it and are available in my google drive link elsewhere in this thread.

I started modifying another tool to make the Amiga based writing tool, but failed and never went back to the project. I don't know when I'll try again, but maybe some day.
Old 07 August 2018, 19:51   #263
gunatm

Send a message via ICQ to gunatm Send a message via AIM to gunatm Send a message via MSN to gunatm
Thanx for the work. I found a Casablanca 1 at Ebay.
Old 10 September 2018, 00:00   #264
NLS
Ancient User

Are the roms available anywhere?

EDIT: Pleaase? (looking for 1.3 bootrom)

Last edited by NLS; 10 September 2018 at 00:57.
Old 19 September 2018, 23:23   #265
Zer0-X

Updated my tool (Windows command line only) a bit and it can now convert a disk dump directly as a KryoFlux rawstream that can be written to a disk.

To dump a Casablanca disk to a disk image using the KryoFlux DTC command line tool:
DTC -fdiskname.img -z3 -i4 -l8

To convert the disk image back to a rawstream:
Casablanca diskname.img streamname

To write the rawstream back to a disk using KryoFlux:
DTC -w -fstreamname

The protection data is fresh initialized on the written disk just like on a bought disk.

Edit: Forgot to mention that as before when dumping Casablanca disks with KryoFlux the software might randomly flag some tracks unformatted, so best would either be to use the already dumped disks or retry dumping individual tracks, but that would require different instructions.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Casablanca.zip (18.5 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by Zer0-X; 20 September 2018 at 15:54. Reason: Removed wrong dump parameter (-i)
Old 20 September 2018, 15:50   #266
sigma63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0-X View Post
Updated my tool
Thnk you Zer0-X for releasing your tool
Old 21 September 2018, 09:38   #267
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e

Yeah, thanks very much

Looking at the images I've squirrelled away as they've been uploaded, they all seem to be trackXXX.raw dumps - rather than a .img file that your tool would use.

Probably a silly question, but is there a way to combine all the raw tracks back into a single image file?
Old 21 September 2018, 09:45   #268
Jope
-

Yes, you can cook the raw images to .img with dtc by running it in software emulation mode.

Similar to:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...26#post1229226

Basically you take ZrX's read command from above and add the -m, -f and -i parameters into the beginning like so:

Code:
dtc -m1 -ftrack -i0 -foutputname.img -z3 -i4 -l8
dtc fills in the XXX.raw itself, so you only specify the common part of the raw image after the first -f.

So the first group of parameters -m1 -ftrack -i0 makes dtc consider the data coming from your raw dump as data that would have been streamed from the kryoflux hardware.
Old 21 September 2018, 09:55   #269
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e

Great, thanks Jope

Maybe this will encourage me to buy a caddy & HD for my Cassie and actually get it to do something as I'll have software to feed it. It's a good start anyway But really, it's the wave of what comes next that's the interesting part... because nobody really wants an old video editor
Old 20 October 2018, 23:19   #270
JimDrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope View Post
If the SCP can write an MFM stream from some container, then it should work for this just fine. I'm afraid I don't have any experience with the tools supplied with it, but there's probably a support forum for it where you can discuss with other owners/users of the product?

I still haven't managed to learn enough to get an authoring tool working for the Amiga, but perhaps some day it'll happen.
There are MANY tools that can use the SCP hardware and/or the .scp image file format to convert disk image types/formats and analyzing disks. HxC Floppy Drive Emulator software and Keir's Disk Utils are the two most commonly used with Amiga disks.

The SCP software has some basic conversion (disk to .adf with incredible recovery capabilities), but it is more focused on copying/imaging disks. The editor/analyzer is really in depth and show you the flux, MFM, or decoded data as well for those that want to learn how disks are laid out.

Last edited by JimDrew; 20 October 2018 at 23:28.
Old 02 December 2018, 21:59   #271
Videogeek

Do you have the disk images to share? Macrosystems no longer supports this device so you can’t even buy legal copies anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgovotsos View Post
I've started uploading English manuals for Casablanca and software. More coming when I get the boxes out of storage. They are in /software/MacroSystem/Casablanca in my upload folder. When I get to the Kryoflux I'll start uploading images of virgin floppies.