English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 12 March 2006, 02:04   #1
Ray Norrish

A little test for you hackers...

In the good old days, when I would like to describe myself as a coder, I coded this little party gem in one day. Because we spent more time getting pissed and laughing our asses off, it doesn`t seem like the original source still exists, so can one of you bright sparks lift the [not working] cool capture hidden part from this little trackmo..

it doesn`t invoke correctly in UAE (I`ve managed to see it working without sound by various fiddling) , but it should be easily collected from the loader and be able to be single filed.. I`d love to laugh at this part again

Of course you can have a laugh at the demo as it is, because it's a spoof of many demos of the time, but I really want to see the original reset demo again!!!

Please check out the upload in the zone (Dave demo2) and see if you can either fix, or isolate the reset part (which is loaded after the 1st part)

enjoy the challenge!!

hey, and also have a good laugh at one of the biggest lamers of the amiga scene at the time... makes me laugh like hell when I look at it now!

Last edited by Ray Norrish; 12 March 2006 at 02:10.
Old 12 March 2006, 11:27   #2
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Thumbs up Your wish is my command!

Hehe, nice tribute to Lotus! Some problems:

The protracker replay has the standard 300 empty dbf loop so it skips notes. The second part that decrunches to $40000 (the starfield part) glitches majorly and crashes on my Amiga due to 3 missing blitter waits.

A WHDLoad slave will be the cleanest solution!

For now, I have knocked up a quick bootblock fix which runs the demo, loads only the hidden part, fixes the problems above and seems to work! As in the original code, it requires 1Mb chip or 512k chip and 512k of memory at $c00000 (fake fast memory).

Grab it from the zone and enjoy!

Last edited by Codetapper; 12 March 2006 at 13:10.
Old 12 March 2006, 20:04   #3
Ray Norrish

Hey - excellent work
Old 17 April 2006, 01:55   #4
Ray Norrish

Yep, thats right. I remember now, as it was a hidden part loaded early on in the demo, so it needed the extra ram. Thanks for letting me see it again