English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Demos

Old 16 July 2010, 19:35   #1
gggcumming

Help finding a demo

Hi - this is going to be very vague - but I'd love to find the music from a demo I had many years ago.

All I can remember is that it was a regular mega-demo (i.e. lots of demos one after the other) but one of the demo's had the most incredible piece of modulated music on it with a marching type beat accompanying it. The demo itself was quite simple - a 3d-filled cube (I think) bobbing up and down in the centre of the screen with text spewing from it - that's all I can remember!

I know that's a really rubbish description but its the music that really stuck in my mind - I'd love to listen to it again - the date of the demo would have been 1991/2 or 3 I think.
Old 17 July 2010, 11:44   #2
4mat_
Demoscene musician

Not sure if this is it, but as you mentioned text coming out of a vector object and a marching band I thought of 'Ice' by Silents. The song is in the main part after the intro. http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=3856 Music was by Audiomonster and is indeed amazing, 13 minutes long iirc.
Old 17 July 2010, 14:04   #3
gggcumming

Well done - right first time!!!

Man I love that music!

Still sends a tingle sound my spine - I used to listen to that in a dark room and just zone out.

Thanks for that - I could not remember anything about the demo - when I watched in on you tube I was thinking - surely this isan't it as I don't recognize it!

Almost 20 years on and modern computer game music still has nothing on some of the better amiga and c64 stuff - shame.