English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 24 February 2015, 20:54   #41
amiga1200gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I will move them and recreate links if they get broken, just to keep it with RetroPie standard.

Never used UAE4ALL, will play with it more tonight.

Thank you!

EDIT - thinking about it, would it be possible to make it load HDF by default? (no GUI)

I am not sure if anyone has tested it with Bloodwitch's ClassicWB. Would be lovely to have RPi2 boot directly into WB.
Anubis : Yes i run exclusively with A classicWB HDF with all my games as whdloads on it... it was the single motivation I had when I started this thread for uae4all2 on pi (since chips uae4all1 is perfect for adf already).

Im using classicWB os3x or lite (sorry cant remember which one) since its workbench based. Im not sure how the scalos versions would run. I had issues with scalos on my real amiga1200 with pcmcia wifi cards, and im using an image of my 1200s drive on my raspberry.

few minor changes/notes you need to be aware of.
uae4all2 only works with 1 hdf file.. classic wb makes 2 by default i think (a system disk and a storage disk) .. paths like A-Games A-Demos need changing. Look at s:Assign-startup, relocate stuff to your system/dh0 partition and change the paths accordingly. Setup on pc/winuae first its a lot quicker and easier for initial preperations

Other thing to note on this -uae4all doesnt play well with big hard drive files if i remember. Mines 950mb and works fine.

sorry im a little rusty on this as it was over a year ago i made this image. I can confirm classicwb(workbench) 1xhdf whdload18+tinylauncher beta works nicely on the pi for me!

Last edited by amiga1200gamer; 24 February 2015 at 21:09.
Old 24 February 2015, 21:00   #42
amiga1200gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuZz View Post
by default after installing / booting from retropie image /opt/retropie/emulators/uae4all/kickstart contains the aros rom, and symlinks to /home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS for kick12.rom kick13.rom kick20.rom and kick31.rom

the symlinks are broken since those files don't exist, but if you copy your kickstart images to /home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS with those exact names it should be able to see them fine.
Good info, will put the bios locations in the original post
Old 24 February 2015, 22:42   #43
Higgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiga1200gamer View Post
I can confirm classicwb(workbench) 1xhdf whdload18+tinylauncher beta works nicely on the pi for me!
Hi,

Any chance you could upload your .HDF? Make sure you delete your WHDLoad key file.
If you remove the games then the .HDF should zip quite small.
Then we can WinUAE the image, add our own WHDLoad key/reg file & games, rescan WHD / Tiny and we will be 'good to go!' :-)

Cheers
Old 25 February 2015, 00:07   #44
ransom1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy View Post
Hi,

Any chance you could upload your .HDF? Make sure you delete your WHDLoad key file.
If you remove the games then the .HDF should zip quite small.
Then we can WinUAE the image, add our own WHDLoad key/reg file & games, rescan WHD / Tiny and we will be 'good to go!' :-)

Cheers
What that guy said.
Old 25 February 2015, 01:00   #45
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Amiga1200gamer, thanks for info!

I have more than one ClassicWB around that is on only one HD. Should mot be a problem even to edit new one. I can't bother imaging one from my A1200' and that was too big anyway.

Not sure what changed on classicwb, I remember moving my games to separate hd, as they were folder on cwb.

Tonight I played bit more with it, got my wireless keyboard and mouse to work, witch is sweet, but did not configure joystick yet. (atm taking kid to his ninja training and writting this on an iPad (usually i make bunch of spelling mistakes, now i am in winderland of bad grammar, sorry )

How do you edit keyboard or joystick is it possible to change configuration within GUI? (for example settings for turrican)

Rest of you guys requesting hd image, can't you download and setup classicwb from its links? Classicwb.abime.net ?
Old 25 February 2015, 01:21   #46
ransom1122

I think everyones talking about a pre configured image for sdcard to work for raspberry pi. I don't have mypi2 yet but tthoughtit would be nice if I can prepare a clone copy of an image already prepared for raspberry pi.
Old 25 February 2015, 04:29   #47
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Newest RetroPie image comes with emulator already installed and ready once you copy your kickstart roms and adf and hdf files. At smallest, you are talking about 1.2GB for compressed image.
Old 25 February 2015, 10:12   #48
ransom1122

Quote:
Newest RetroPie image comes with emulator already installed and ready once you copy your kickstart roms and adf and hdf files. At smallest, you are talking about 1.2GB for compressed image.
You talking about this image here for Pi 2

http://blog.petrockblock.com/retropi...pie-downloads/
Old 25 February 2015, 13:34   #49
Higgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
You talking about this image here for Pi 2

http://blog.petrockblock.com/retropi...pie-downloads/

This will install onto a 2GB card (well the RPi 1 version does). I am really impressed how the Emulationstation menu has got much faster on a RPi 1.

One issue I have is that I setup my USB joypad (competition Pro) at the beginning, but I thought that was also going to setup the emulator controls at the same time? - one of the pains of earlier/other emulator distrubutions is setting up the controls for each emulator.
Old 25 February 2015, 13:59   #50
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
This will install onto a 2GB card (well the RPi 1 version does). I am really impressed how the Emulationstation menu has got much faster on a RPi 1.

One issue I have is that I setup my USB joypad (competition Pro) at the beginning, but I thought that was also going to setup the emulator controls at the same time? - one of the pains of earlier/other emulator distrubutions is setting up the controls for each emulator.
IIRC even RPi1 Image since RetroPie (can't remember for earlier) require at least 4GB for start (most of it being used) and that did not change much with newest version of RetroPie. (either RPi1 or RPi2 version)

I decided to setup new HDF with ClassicWB Full and selected games only. Most of the ones I have are over 1GB.

As for controller, first setup for controller is for Emulation Station only, you have to run setup for emulators, but I believe on positive side, they now allow separate setup for some emulators, if you wish to do so. (I believe its optional)

Once you setup controller, it should work for all emulators.

Here is quick info how to setup one for all emulators:

Quote:
Exit the Emulation Station one last time by pressing the "F4" key, type "cd RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin" in the command line, and press Enter. Then, type "./retroarch-joyconfig >> ~/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg" in the command line and follow the onscreen directions for configuring your controller. Once complete, perform a system reboot with the command "sudo reboot".
source
Some basic steps to get it going:
1. burn RetroPie image on your computer
2. boot with keyboard and gamepad/joystick - set keys once prompted
3. hit F4 to go to shell
4. type 'sudo raspi-config" and once in menu make following changes:
* resize partition to use all space on SD card
* under advanced change name Raspberry Pi has on network (If you have more then one Pi)
* give more memory to GPU (I set mine to 256, on RPi I used 128MB or 196)
* enable SSH if you plan to use it (I love to use console, as well SFTP with Filezilla to transfer my stuff on Pi)
* set localization if you like to do it
* reboot

Optional steps:
5. run this command once back in shell
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

(this will refresh and upgrade your Pie)

Now, either use FileZilla to move your roms (User ID and Pass are pi - raspberry) or just use windows explorer to move roms.

If you need details how to get ClassicWB setup, I can do that later...

This is mix of 4 best things, cheap little computer, great emulator, best workbench replacement and WHDLoad.
Old 25 February 2015, 14:38   #51
Higgy

Quote:
IIRC even RPi1 Image since RetroPie (can't remember for earlier) require at least 4GB for start (most of it being used) and that did not change much with newest version of RetroPie. (either RPi1 or RPi2 version)
I definitely installed retropie-v2.6.0-rpi1.img.gz (569mb download) onto a 2GB card, as I used my old Nokia N73 Mini SDcard with an SDcard adaptor (only spare card I had available). I wrote out the .img with Win32DiskImager.

I did not check how much space was available afterwards, but I have transferred over a number of ROMs to check out the emulators.

I think I read about some minimal OS install, so I guess RetroPie migrated over to that recently.

Thanks for the instructions you posted
Old 25 February 2015, 17:49   #52
BuZz

Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
the current image fits in 2GB, but has little space left for games. Keeping the image small makes it quicker to write, but a large card is needed for full enjoyment (unless you are storing games on an external device or over the network, where you may get away with just 2gb).

It is a stripped down raspbian, with a lot of the desktop stuff removed.
Old 25 February 2015, 19:03   #53
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Well, my bad, not sure why my old card was not good enough (had 4GB one) so I got some 8GB cards.

Used ClassicWB Full, and just as I remember it, it is setup for single HD, 500MB (used to be 200MB some times ago) and for my little experiment that should be sufficient, no need to resize it. (ended up with ~30MB free space ) As always, Bloodwitch's instructions are great and took me bit time to go through all 'options' and 'extras' to setup it the way I like. WHDLoad key as well kick roms for WHDLoad are very easy to copy and DOpus is wonderful as always.

Seems like KillerGorilla is in his winter-break dream, as I could not find WingCommander in his packs or WHDownload page, so after long time not having to install any WHDLoad games, had to install it. Just a notice what a wonderful job Psygore has done with this install, from option to install it from image on computer (be careful, if you using UAE you have to select real amiga ) to great cheat options and selection of start mission before you even start game?! Wooow... Great job!

Will load this later into RPi and test it...
Old 25 February 2015, 19:13   #54
ransom1122

Yeah thanks anubis. Let us know results
Old 26 February 2015, 13:40   #55
Anubis
Retro Gamer

OK,

here is summary what has happen last night.

First of all, booting from HDF is no problem, system boots fast. I did play bit with settings, but default 320x256 does not work well with ClassicWB Full, with at least require 640x256 with scalelines (or double). I did not try all options yet, but when selecting 640 for width, I ended up with wide screen but height used only about 1/2 of screen. (looks wired)

Keyboard and mouse works with no problem, but I could not get my new Logitech gamepad to work. (it was constantly jumping) I might try different controllers over weekend.

As I have said, system boots very fast, but once I tried to open HD (System) I got Guru Meditation screen. Interestingly enough, when I use ClassicWB option to open Game folder, there is no problem and I am able to start games. As my RPi2 runs at default speed, sound of games was off for AGA titles, while some game run bit too fast that were not AGA. I will list games I tried and results.

Alien Breed - sound and gameplay looked fine - no problems except my controller was not working
Colonization AGA - music is choppy, but game runs without visible problems
SuperFrog - seems to work fine, but controllers did not work for the same reason as AB
MR Nutz loads fine, did not try game
Lionheart - tried just AA demo, choppy sound
Syndicate - loads fine, but played too fast, need to play bit with settings

I did not test any ADF games and I spend rest of evening setting my controller for RetroPie, with some additional settings that are not enabled by default. Here is what I did, and this works in rest of emulators:

My controller is simillar to X-Box controller, has L1, R1, but L2 and R2 are axes, so my current setup is:
Back button (select) with combination of those keys makes some actions:
* start - exits current emulator
* L1 - save state
* R1 - load state
* L2 - decrease state slot
* R2 - increase state slot
* R3 - take screenshot

What took me bit longer is until I figure out that L2 and R2 are threated as axis, so I had to call axes instead of default btn in settings, but in end it worked.

I have also tried 2 amiga games in scummvm, both of them work well and very nice. (MI1 and Zak)

I have also tested DOSBox, and this works exceptionally well, with sounds and all goodies. (tested Colonization and Commander Keen 1)

So far I like all upgrades to RetroPie, will test it probably more over weekend, but for Amiga it seems I will have to play bit more with settings to get it to work the way it should. I am still lost why HD did not work properly, and have setup another one - resized, to test over weekend.

It would be very helpful if amiga1200gamer give us more insights into his setup and I am not sure what's prefferable way BuZz likes to get back feed on emulator.
Old 02 March 2015, 19:37   #56
amiga1200gamer

Anubis.

Few notes for you.. i run 640x256 also as 320x256 looks really bad. I also had the "half height issue" so for a long time used a custom version of SDL to scale the picture.
However this changed last night as Chips coded the raspberryPI scaler code directly into uae4all2 http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/vi...?f=78&t=102328 Try the uae4all binary from that thread if your having scaling issues.
Hopefully the RPI specific code will make it into retropie, but i cant comment as its been released less than 24 hours ago, and im not involved in the project

I had no problems with joypad, i just use retrolink Snes style controller. Custom button assignments arent working properly but it was set up as 2 button pad as default.

Hard disk i just use a single HDF the same as on my android tablet -900mb file not rdb - 1 surface 2 reserved 32 sectors 512 blocksize.
In uaeconfig.conf it looks like
boot_hd=2
hard_disk_dir=*
hard_disk_file=32:1:2:512:/home/pi/ROMS/Amigadisk.hdf

Hopefully this answers some of your questions? If theres anything specific you need to know ill try to help
Old 03 March 2015, 09:33   #57
Higgy

A lot of good progress being made and none of it even RPi 2 specific! So potentially more improvements in the future!!

I've just got some new microSD's through in the post so can start installing some more Pi emulators.
Old 03 March 2015, 09:48   #58
ransom1122

Quote:
A lot of good progress being made and none of it even RPi 2 specific! So potentially more improvements in the future!!

I've just got some new microSD's through in the post so can start installing some more Pi emulators.
Heuy Higgy You're so fine. You blow my mind. Hey Higgy!!

Another member made a mame4all SD image for rpi2, though when i tried to image it with win32diskimager it said the image was too big for 16gb micro card. yet his 16gb micro was enough. very strange.
Old 03 March 2015, 22:41   #59
amiga1200gamer

Updated original post with the following

Update: March 2015

Chips has made a release of uae4all2 with PI specific code for scaling and vsync. Its currently the best way to enjoy uae4all2 on the Raspberry PI
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/vi...?f=78&t=102328

if you already have a working version of uae4all2, copying the uae4all binary across to your current install folder and chmod +x should be enough (just remember to backup/rename your old uae4all )
Old 04 March 2015, 09:26   #60
Mark36

Controller Issues

Quote:
Keyboard and mouse works with no problem, but I could not get my new Logitech gamepad to work. (it was constantly jumping) I might try different controllers over weekend.
I had the same controller issues with my xbox 360 wireless pad. Playing Turrican for example and you find yourself consistently jumping crouching or running. It shows the symptoms of controller conflicting so blacklisting xpad is key

This might work for other controllers too. Press F4 on Retropie or use Putty and enter these commands.

sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/raspi-blacklist.conf

#...in the editor add

blacklist xpad

#...press ctrl + x to save and overwrite

This stops the conflict with the 360 controller and may be other gamepads too. Now install the 360 controller driver...skip this part for other controllers this part is xbox 360 only.

Once again press F4 in retropie or use Putty.

sudo apt-get install xboxdrv

sudo nano /etc/rc.local

#...in editor add this line between "fi" and "0 exit"

xboxdrv --trigger-as-button --wid 0 --led 2 --deadzone 4000 --silent & sleep 1

#...Note for usb only 360 controller change --wid to --id

#...press ctrl + x to save and overwrite

You now have wireless amiga gaming on uae4all2 . Also note the solid light on the 360 controller now. The 360 contoller is now mounted on boot. I also setup vice snes and zx spectrum and seems to work fine. Hope this helps others too..