English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 29 July 2012, 14:51   #21
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Are you running from a floppy disk?

What I described is all running from a HDD. BooBoo is correct as I already pointed out. You need the cd.device, present.

Let me check if my test setup works with simon.

EDIT:- Doing it the exact way I said works. You do however have to comment out all assigns except the sys: and s: assigns.
After that, my test setup work perfect.

Last edited by FOL; 29 July 2012 at 15:10.
Old 29 July 2012, 15:06   #22
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post

What I described is all running from a HDD. BooBoo is correct as I already pointed out. You need the cd.device, present.

Yes I'm using a floppy for the boot up, I thought it may prove more convient than running from HD...also I have the CD.Device present in devs/. During the boot up sequence the screen goes black and displays the CD32 logo (without animation) and then the prompt screen comes up with the return code. Perhaps my ISO is corrupt/not working, I shall try loading it from WinUAE with CD32 config..interested to see if your setup works with simon.
Old 29 July 2012, 15:14   #23
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofchaos View Post
Yes I'm using a floppy for the boot up, I thought it may prove more convient than running from HD...also I have the CD.Device present in devs/. During the boot up sequence the screen goes black and displays the CD32 logo (without animation) and then the prompt screen comes up with the return code. Perhaps my ISO is corrupt/not working, I shall try loading it from WinUAE with CD32 config..interested to see if your setup works with simon.
Sorry, I edited after you posted.
It works fine. It doesnt hurt doing it from HDD, you could do a backup of your main sys: partition, just incase all goes wrong.
You could then have a custom startup. Thinking about it, maybe theres a way to use this with say the power computing and idefix97 cd32 emulators.
I wonder if yours is seeing hdd and decides thats sys and thats why it wont cancel it.

I have a backup of my full working real miggy hdd, Ill do some tests on that with power computing emulator.
Old 29 July 2012, 15:31   #24
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

Quote:
It works fine. It doesnt hurt doing it from HDD, you could do a backup of your main sys: partition, just incase all goes wrong.
You could then have a custom startup. Thinking about it, maybe theres a way to use this with say the power computing and idefix97 cd32 emulators.
I wonder if yours is seeing hdd and decides thats sys and thats why it wont cancel it.

I have a backup of my full working real miggy hdd, Ill do some tests on that with power computing emulator.
Thanks FOL, Ok I'm going to make some edits to my startup-sequence and see if that works, it's been a long time since I've dabbled with this side of the Amiga, modern computing with it's convience has spoiled me over the years I`ll also try running from HD and see how that goes.
Old 29 July 2012, 18:34   #25
spanner
none

You could get it to boot the custom startup by pressing and holding down the right mouse button but you would have too config the main startup to do that like with ClassicWBs Boot menu..Just an idea..I haven't tried the c32 emulator yet,I am still sorting out my CF card its not booting games properly..
Old 30 July 2012, 15:42   #26
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

Cheers for the advice Spanner, yep I shall keep experimenting until I get a working setup..bummer to hear about your CF card not booting properly, Hope you get it sorted.
Old 30 July 2012, 18:52   #27
spanner
none

Is the power computing emulator the cd 32 emulator...Im confused..
Old 30 July 2012, 19:12   #28
spanner
none

Right can we just run through what we need for this..??

1.) CD.device goes in Dev folder..(has anyone got one ready they can share or can't you do that.)

2.not sure what else goes where,do i copy everything in the simcd32-401 folder to my system (workbench) DH0.

3.Then edit the startup file that comes with it so it points to the iso on my DH1.

4.then reboot and hope for the best..

5.Lets have a HAHA [ Show youtube player ]

6.I have a .img file(CloneCD)will that work or dose it need to be .iso

Last edited by spanner; 30 July 2012 at 19:37.
Old 30 July 2012, 22:05   #29
spanner
none

Got it to boot in Classic WB by holding down the left mouse button and sellecting Boot AmigaCD32..

The cd32 screen image comes up but it won't boot a game cos I need to add a iso,this is to test it will boot it and it did..

I make a vidoe of it soon when I get a iso of simon...Has anyone got one...if its ok to ask..??
Old 30 July 2012, 22:40   #30
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Great. Yes, I want to see a video and a guide to make it.
I'm sending you now a PM regarding something you were searching.
Old 30 July 2012, 23:49   #31
spanner
none

Quote:

I can't get this to work I am geting a C:Assign failed returncode 20 error,can you upload you startup for this the one that works..??
Old 31 July 2012, 00:47   #32
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Just a question, as I know you are using it in a CF with 2 bootable partitions. Are you already using dismount in the startup-sequence?
Old 31 July 2012, 03:46   #33
spanner
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Just a question, as I know you are using it in a CF with 2 bootable partitions. Are you already using dismount in the startup-sequence?
No im only using one workbench now.1.3 lite.
Did n't need the other one.
Old 31 July 2012, 13:52   #34
spanner
none

Quote:

EDIT:- Doing it the exact way I said works. You do however have to comment out all assigns except the sys: and s: assigns.
After that, my test setup work perfect.
What assigns do i mark out cos most of them have sys: in them,is that why I am haaving a Assign error,CD is mounted so I can see the files on the iso..?

PLEASE HELP..?
Old 31 July 2012, 14:37   #35
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner View Post
What assigns do i mark out cos most of them have sys: in them,is that why I am haaving a Assign error,CD is mounted so I can see the files on the iso..?

PLEASE HELP..?
Hope you figure it out spanner, i've given up for now as i`m not sure it's worth the hassle...even though I was able to read the contents of the ISO by using the startup-sequence copied from the emulator and even manage to run the games executable, I found that it ran so slow it was unusable...not sure if it's because my HD is a CF or not, but at this stage I'd rather just use WinUAE and use the CD32 config for an easier stress filled life If you find an idiot proof magic bullet solution let me know
Old 31 July 2012, 17:35   #36
spanner
none

Oh and cos i am using ClassicWB it has cd.device allready..

But I still have not got it working so if FOL is about please I need your help to get this to work,If i can see your startup seq file that will help alot..??
Old 31 July 2012, 17:52   #37
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Send him a PM. BTW (and sorry 'cause I've never tried it), having a Cd rom and using IDefix is it easy and full speed to use the CD32 emulator?
Old 31 July 2012, 18:00   #38
spanner
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofchaos View Post
Ok my bad I can type cd0: after doing that i`'m able to type Dir and get the iso contents come up...is it important what i name the floppy disk? At the moment its called sys:

I've enlosed an image of the startup-sequence from the floppy. Even though I get the error messages I am still able to enter the cd0: and run the games executable, however it runs really really slow and leaves quarter of the workbench screen at the top. I also removed the Nofastmemory command in the startup-sequence.
Why does it says void in the iso line, I put DH1:iso/blah.iso in mine..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Send him a PM. BTW (and sorry 'cause I've never tried it), having a Cd rom and using IDefix is it easy and full speed to use the CD32 emulator?
Yeah you have it internal,the cd cdrive,if so how did you connect it..?

Oh would it be OK to add your guide you made to my website,if so can you make sure its finished or any editing you need to do to it first then let me know and I put it up,I think we need a guide section anyway....?

Last edited by prowler; 31 July 2012 at 22:36. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 31 July 2012, 18:11   #39
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner View Post
Why does it says void in the iso line, I put DH1:iso/blah.iso in mine..?
"Void" is the name of my hard drive partion (DH2) You can use DH2: or the the volume name..
Old 31 July 2012, 18:19   #40
spanner
none

Right its booting but now its booting the workbench startup seq now...

DAM FU*K CU*T...crap...crap...CRAP.....hahahahahahahahahahahha...lol