I prefer using a Real Amiga 48 69.57%
I prefer to emulate 21 30.43%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 December 2002, 01:52   #21
Amiga1992

Re: WinUAE

Quote:
Originally posted by Galahad/FLT
(I will test most downloads on WinUAE before porting to Amiga)
Same here. I find WinUAE to be a great thing, and I try shite on it before transferring to the miggy. It saves time But I don't "use it" any further than that.

Quote:
(I really should retire now!).
Noooooo! What will we do without you?
Old 19 December 2002, 02:02   #22
MethodGit

I personally don't have much of a choice when it comes to choosing a type of Amiga to utilise - as I've explained before my own Amiga, plus all the games, is now in some other family's arms.

But despite this I still don't know whether to vote for The Real Thing (© Akira Miggy Enterprises 2002) or for plain ol' WinUAE these days.
Old 19 December 2002, 02:26   #23
Amiga1992

And that was a feeble attempt at trying to participate in an Amiga-related thread, Marz

Change yer name already, the hell is MethodGit?
Old 19 December 2002, 02:31   #24
Amigaboy

I know what I chose, but many of you are too 'proud' to listen to reason, so I'll leave it at that

Old 19 December 2002, 03:25   #25
Miggy2TheMax

I've always been an advocate of "nothing beats the real thing". Emulation still seems quirky and in general has an 'artificial' feel about it! I enjoy collecting and working with amiga hardware, its what gives the whole machine 'life' which ultimately reflects on the software it runs!!
Old 19 December 2002, 04:03   #26
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

May I vote for "The Real Thing" even athoulgh I dont own a working amiga anymore?

I mean, I just HATE to emulate Amigas, I have a slow PC (233 Mhz), I have to mess up with Winuae configurations (I hate that), I personally think that organizing floppy disks is easier than organizing ADF files (Athoulgh, of course, floppy disks take much more space ), emulation many times isnt 100% faithfull, sometimes the screen gets cutted (This happened when I used my TV too, so I like to call it "accurate emulation" , but I had added some buttons to scroll up and down the screen of my tv, just so I could play my amiga games and I cant do this with emulation), and of course, there's also the coolness of using the real thing (I mean, who doesnt love to count the drive ticks to know when you have to change the disks?) .

I vote for the real thing, even athoulgh I dont have one anymore. Anyone willing to give me an Amiga as an Xmas gift?
Old 19 December 2002, 09:22   #27
front243

Nothing beats the feeling of a real amiga

You can find it so cheaply in second-hand papers anyway. I have even been offered an A500 for free once.

Old 19 December 2002, 10:21   #28
Paul
RIP Friends

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul
have not played with it for a few months as winuae is working to good and is easier than setting my A600 up and finding the disk)
Just turned on my A600 and my harddisk got stuck and took 6 resets until it went click and span up. This was it telling me off for not using it enough. :eek :eek :eek
Old 19 December 2002, 10:54   #29
oldpx

Quote:
First : I lost most of my disks through too many movings. I know, it is impardonable, but I'm the messy type of guy...
Second : loading times. With some adf's you can speed up the "floppy" access, wich is kewl. Really kewl.
Third: save state. I just too fucking much love this function. I mean, whats cooler than saving at the title thus avoiding long loading time? Mmmhhh.
Real miggy has these advantages with WHDLoad

Old 19 December 2002, 13:14   #30
NytroX86

Quote:
I've explained before my own Amiga, plus all the games, is now in some other family's arms.
I don't know your story, but nothing stops you getting another Amiga off the Internet. 4-5 years ago my parents sold our CD32, SX-1, and everything else like hundreds of games to a friend at work. He divorced his wife and left the Amiga with her for the kids. At that point I realised I had lost my miggy forever.
Until recently of course when I found eBay and I've been buying stuff off there ever since, I must have spent £250-£300 on Amiga stuff over these last 3 months. I didn't like the idea of using an emulator and try to buy a game before resorting to downloading a crack/pirate copy. I haven't even got UAE installed and only intended on using Fellow to test files before transferring them (like Galahad and Akira) so I didn't waste disks.
Just as much as you can't beat having a Real amiga, you can't beat having the authentic software IMO either. It's just nice to have the original box and stuff rather than a game which comes it with some obvius piracy message when you load it.

Old 19 December 2002, 13:28   #31
Mr Creosote
Evil Mastermind

To the point of "many adfs vs. many disks":

I'm using UAE to install many games I don't have on disks on a virtual hd and then send this installed version over to the Amiga. Problem solved. In fact, I don't even have any 'copied' Amiga disks here, only original ones, because I don't need any
Old 19 December 2002, 14:20   #32
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by Shatterhand
Anyone willing to give me an Amiga as an Xmas gift?
Ask Fissuras. He's got a shitload of 'em now
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul
Just turned on my A600 and my harddisk got stuck and took 6 resets until it went click and span up. This was it telling me off for not using it enough. :eek :eek :eek
Ahh,, god bless the Amiga. Same happened to me once.. It revived...

When that happenned in my PC... the harddrive was forever gone.

Is yoru Amiga drive a Western Digital?
Old 19 December 2002, 15:30   #33
Paul
RIP Friends

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
Is yoru Amiga drive a Western Digital?
Don't know

I know it is the original 20MB one.
Old 19 December 2002, 16:38   #34
Pete

I voted for the Real Thing TM

Never-the-less as far as AGA goes I've no choice other than EMU at the moment.

Old 19 December 2002, 22:54   #35
Mr Softy

Send a message via ICQ to Mr Softy Send a message via MSN to Mr Softy
Big grin

Quote:
Originally posted by Burseg
Real miggy has these advantages with WHDLoad
What? Loosing most of your games?
Old 22 December 2002, 18:34   #36
CPC464

Send a message via ICQ to CPC464 Send a message via AIM to CPC464
Even though it's not as good as the real thing, I prefer to EMULATE as it's easier for me and my Little Computer room
Old 22 December 2002, 19:43   #37
NytroX86

37 votes but only 25 reasons...

Old 22 December 2002, 19:57   #38
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Emulation. Why? With WinUAE, you can emulate superbly, for gaming, dozens of models and types, with many variations of each. This LOGIC applies not only to Amga, but any emulated older console or computer. It's also neat, because instead of wires and stacks of games and disks, you also save space, and, it's FREE. Get off this real thing baloney, guys. it's just games. For other things besides games I cannot comment, because I do not know.
Also, I emulate Amiga on my Apple ibook and Atari St as well. Try playing "Settlers" or "Cenurion of Rome" on a plane or train with a real miggy.
Bah.

Last edited by Fred the Fop; 23 December 2002 at 09:42.
Old 22 December 2002, 20:13   #39
kriz

A real amiga ofcourse, why ? Because its the real thing And it works really great, nice joystick +++++++ lots of advantages
Old 22 December 2002, 23:51   #40
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

The "Real thing" does not cut it for me, where's the logic? And FAR better joysticks are found for the PC than any miggy joystick.