English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 06 April 2016, 22:42   #61
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Also; though I'm sure you have researched crowdfunding there are some highly informative articles herehttp://www.gamesindustry.biz/search?...ter&m=articles

Try keywords, kickstarter, crowdfunding etc in the on-site search bar. I'm considering doing a campaign in the near future for a videogame project too- so Iv'e been reading up.
Old 06 April 2016, 23:10   #62
Jgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Browne View Post
Also; though I'm sure you have researched crowdfunding there are some highly informative articles herehttp://www.gamesindustry.biz/search?...ter&m=articles

Try keywords, kickstarter, crowdfunding etc in the on-site search bar. I'm considering doing a campaign in the near future for a videogame project too- so Iv'e been reading up.
Thank you, I'll give have a look.
What game is it?, Gods 2 ?
Old 06 April 2016, 23:36   #63
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgames View Post
Thank you, I'll give have a look.
What game is it?, Gods 2 ?
I wish. It's called Spirit Shard- its a 2d retro style shmup inspired by games like Turrican but with a proper story, also made in unity. I'll post a video here when I have a playable demo which should be a few short months. Were tweaking a test map atm to nail down game-play, enemy behaviours, screen scroll settings etc.
Old 06 April 2016, 23:51   #64
Jgames

Quote:
I wish. It's called Spirit Shard- its a 2d retro style shmup inspired by games like Turrican but with a proper story, also made in unity. I'll post a video here when I have a playable demo which should be a few short months. Were tweaking a test map atm to nail down game-play, enemy behaviours, screen scroll settings etc.
Turrican is a great reference. Good luck with it.
It will great to see progress on it
Old 13 May 2016, 00:26   #65
Jgames

Hi Everyone;

Finally I am proud to present the new Shadow Gangs, with new backgrounds (pictures bellow), and many more fixes and enhancement that pictures can't convey.

I am also excited to announce that the Shadow Gangs demo, and the new and final pre Kickstarter video will be both available at the same time at the end of next week, Saturday or Sunday, most probably Sunday 22nd of May.

Aside from preparing the demo, I will now prepare for the kickstarter campaign. To this end, I am going to dress up in big detail what

Shadow Gangs is about, what enemies are there, what levels, what new weapons can Dan and his ninja form use, how they can use it, and what

the ninja form add to Dan capability wise.

Rendez-vous at the end of next week, the demo will be available then for download (pc version), and a new video and final video will be uploaded, and I will also announce the kickstarter date!

Old 22 May 2016, 09:44   #66
Jgames

I am happy to announce that the Shadow Gangs demo is now available in the downloads section here.

It's the PC version, it should run fine on a 1ghz PC with Intel graphics, but let me know if you have any issues running it.
You may need to install Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable here if the Demo won't start, I didn't need to but just in case.

A new video has been uploaded here:
[ Show youtube player ]

A new great music track is also available, here or in the

downloads section. It's included in the demo and can be heard if you finish the demo.

The kickstarter date is now set, it's the 25th of June 2016. If you liked the demo and want this game to materialise, please contribute to the crowdfunding.

These kind of games like Shadow Gangs won't be brought back by big game companies, or the likes of Sega, Capcom etc...., they all seem to have moved to 3D and other new fancy gameplay styles etc..., so don't wait for them to release something like Shadow Gangs.

Also feedback on the game all over the internet, here and friends has been very important, and this new demo is showing that.
Apart from the new backgrounds, many enhancements and fixes have gone in.

I really hope you enjoy it!

Old 22 May 2016, 13:57   #67
DamienD
Banned

Nice one Jgames

...will definitely download / check out the demo later and also support you on kickstarter

Must have been sooo much hard work / hours spent for all you guys. Bet you're all proud of what you've achieved.
Old 22 May 2016, 14:10   #68
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Nice playability. Still hope for a bit more animation phases though.
Old 22 May 2016, 16:05   #69
Jgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Nice one Jgames

...will definitely download / check out the demo later and also support you on kickstarter

Must have been sooo much hard work / hours spent for all you guys. Bet you're all proud of what you've achieved.
Thanks Damien;

Yes, I am proud and happy with the state the game is in now.
Though the demo is only a demo, the road to have a complete game with bosses, bonus stages and a lot more different enemies is daunting (and a bit scary), but one I am more than excited to tackle.
Old 22 May 2016, 16:07   #70
Jgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Nice playability. Still hope for a bit more animation phases though.
I'll see how to add more frames, while staying reasonable for the Kickstarter.
Old 23 May 2016, 01:18   #71
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Win 10 is retarded. It labels files incorrectly- the shadow gangs file appears as an adobe acrobat file- clicking on it obviously does not work as its not a pdf. How sad is it that win 10 allows the user to wrongly label files? I hate win 10.

I'll download on my other win 7 system tomorrow.
Old 23 May 2016, 09:57   #72
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Any chance of an android port eventually?
Old 23 May 2016, 14:40   #73
Jgames

Quote:
Win 10 is retarded. It labels files incorrectly- the shadow gangs file appears as an adobe acrobat file- clicking on it obviously does not work as its not a pdf. How sad is it that win 10 allows the user to wrongly label files? I hate win 10.

I'll download on my other win 7 system tomorrow.
how can an .exe turn to .pdf?
I removed Windows 10 after 10 minutes of installing it. It did give me "memory critically low" after opening 5 chrome browsers.

Something I never had on 8.1, i can open more than 20 with no issues...
Old 23 May 2016, 14:41   #74
Jgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
Any chance of an android port eventually?
Is it for the game to be played on touch screen?
Old 23 May 2016, 17:54   #75
Baboon
Moon Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgames View Post
Is it for the game to be played on touch screen?
Who said anything about touch screen? Touch screen controls IMO suck badly! lol ...especially with arcade games!

Obviously on android with emulators and many games you can use physical controls (Bluetooth, usb pads etc). I recon this would look and play great on the nvidia shield?
Old 23 May 2016, 20:56   #76
ExiE

Great work. I checked the YT video only so far and like it very much. There is just one thing I always find strange about beat'em up games. It is disappearing of dead enemies. This game do it quite unobtrusively (no flashing etc) and that's good but what about adding option to keep lying dead bodies on the ground?
Any maybe bit more blood for "gore mode"? :-)

Last edited by ExiE; 23 May 2016 at 20:58. Reason: more ideas
Old 23 May 2016, 21:39   #77
Steve T

Looks like you guys have put a lot of hard work into this one, i mean it looks great, hope you have a lot of success with it!
Old 23 May 2016, 22:02   #78
Jgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboon View Post

Who said anything about touch screen? Touch screen controls IMO suck badly! lol ...especially with arcade games!

Obviously on android with emulators and many games you can use physical controls (Bluetooth, usb pads etc). I recon this would look and play great on the nvidia shield?
Ok, I always associated Android with touch screen.
I'll add a tier for the Android version, very doable. I know a programmer who can port it to it.
Old 23 May 2016, 22:15   #79
Jgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiE View Post
Great work. I checked the YT video only so far and like it very much. There is just one thing I always find strange about beat'em up games. It is disappearing of dead enemies. This game do it quite unobtrusively (no flashing etc) and that's good but what about adding option to keep lying dead bodies on the ground?
There is no respawns and will be no respawns in the game, so there won't be a big accumulation of dead bodies.
I'll do some tests with dead bodies, and if it looks good we'll just leave them there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiE View Post
Any maybe bit more blood for "gore mode"? :-)
Yes, this will be part of the work done on the special effects post a successful kickstarter, not just blood, many special effects will be fixed and added (better gun flashes, bullet trails maybe, sword effects, shadows (maybe) and more.
As long as it keeps the action clear they will be added.
Old 23 May 2016, 22:16   #80
Jgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve T View Post
Looks like you guys have put a lot of hard work into this one, i mean it looks great, hope you have a lot of success with it!
Thank you, I hope so too.