English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 25 March 2012, 21:42   #461
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
One question on the MKII video adapter, is the cable header a 0.1" (2.54mm) 2 row 20 pin header ?
Yes, that's the header I'm using.

Quote:
also, are the transistors 3904s or 3906's ?
That's not transistors, but clamping diodes (high-speed schottky types).

Jens
Old 25 March 2012, 22:07   #462
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Yes, that's the header I'm using.

That's not transistors, but clamping diodes (high-speed schottky types).

Jens
Thanks Jens,

Are these compatible.

http://search.digikey.com/ca/en/prod...DICT-ND/815361
Old 25 March 2012, 22:15   #463
diablothe2nd

Quote:
Kipper, would I be right in assuming you're onto something? as in a way to feed audio through the HDMI?

if so, i'm all ears
Old 25 March 2012, 22:29   #464
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablothe2nd View Post
Kipper, would I be right in assuming you're onto something? as in a way to feed audio through the HDMI?

if so, i'm all ears
At present i am just researching parts i woud need if i was to convert the DVI header into an optional HDMI header. In order to produce sound through HDMI then circuitry would be required... unless i cheat Then a couple of headers could solve the problem (maybe).
Old 25 March 2012, 22:39   #465
diablothe2nd

Quote:
At present i am just researching parts i woud need if i was to convert the DVI header into an optional HDMI header. In order to produce sound through HDMI then circuitry would be required... unless i cheat Then a couple of headers could solve the problem (maybe).
keep me posted. I did consider the option of ditching DVI altogether to be honest, especially if i can route audio through a built in hdmi connector while still keeping the option of having it come through the RCA audio and RGB video connection.

basically my idea is as follows; I have an RGB connector to scart from Amigakit, which also has audio. this will provide both a backup if the indi fails to display for whatever reason while we wait for screen mode updates, and also keeping some degree of legacy support.

I plan on combining my CD audio outputs to the RCA (1k ohm resistor was it?) then pairing off that signal to a HDMI output from the indi.

so if you can imagine the RF box removed, a female HDMI in it's place that carries audio as well as video, but with the RGB and RCA audio connected to scart on my TV just incase a problem with screen res/indi crops up for certain games (i've read this problem exists on the indi ECS)... so basically both are connected at once... if the Hi Def signal fails to output, my TV will auto switch to the scart input from the RGB port. both will share the same audio.

thoughts?
Old 25 March 2012, 22:51   #466
kipper2k

Here's my thoughts. a HDMI header board will sit where the RF module was (or anywhere else you decide. a 3 pin input header on the board will connect to L, R, and common on the analog sound output. The 3 pin header will (hopefully) connect to 3 unused pins of the HDMI cable so the Analog audio signal is now travelling through the cable.

At the back of the TV a small header/breakout cable will allow you to use a small audio cable to the audio input and also feed the restored Video signal (I.E. without the audio) into the HDMI input.

This wouldn't interfere with your regular audio outputs. This obviously frees up the Audio cable at the back of the computer and keeps the cables tidier.
Old 25 March 2012, 22:55   #467
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

hi kipper2k

maybe a quick daigram will help
Old 25 March 2012, 23:06   #468
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnim View Post
hi kipper2k

maybe a quick daigram will help

look at my previous VGA board that i made for the RF hole on the A600/A1200 . The same thing can be done with that board as there are free pins in that connector that i could internally connect the Left and Right channel to an unused pin on the VGA board, plug in the vga cable and then simply open the connector at the tv end of the cable and add audio connectors to the wires i used on the free pins. Now you wouldnt need to use the audio cable from your Amiga
Old 25 March 2012, 23:15   #469
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Ed View Post
Is there any advantages of buying an adapter over this cable(sorry for the swedish site but you get my drift...)?
http://www.netonnet.se/art/tv-och-bi...m/146899.5445/
Only one: the size of the output in the Amiga: Dvi Vs Hdmi
Old 25 March 2012, 23:26   #470
diablothe2nd

hmm. my tv does have audio RCA jacks, but i'm not sure if they're available for the HDMI "channel" you select on the TV. perhaps I should test. If that's the case then I may aswell just send the RCA out from the amiga straight to the TV RCA in, if it runs in parallel to the HDMI. If not, i will need to find some way of sending the audio in digital form as it would for standard HDMI with audio.

would be cool to have a more "modern" way of having one lead be plug and play into modern TV's for both video and audio though only difference is the connections have swapped, the monitor (RGB) port being used for legacy TV and DVI for PC monitors tehehe.
Old 26 March 2012, 09:50   #471
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Just a short note that all resellers, no matter what country and no matter what size you may percieve them, will get the Indivision AGA MK2 at the same time. There is no reason to believe that one will have it sooner than the other, so there is no reason to cancel your order with one reseller and place it with the other - this will essentially put you further back in line, should there be a shortage.

There has been mis-information that the units will be delivered on march 30th. That's not correct. Delivery will happen on or before april 30th, 2012. The march 30th deadline is purely a financial thing for the special A4000D/CD32 version. Both versions will be delivered on the same day.

kipper2k,
use the schametics, luke ;-)

Jens

Last edited by Schoenfeld; 20 August 2013 at 22:44.
Old 26 March 2012, 12:57   #472
roberthazelby
Amiga user since 1990

Quote:
Just a short note that all resellers, no matter what country and no matter what size you may percieve them, will get the Indivision AGA MK2 at the same time. There is no reason to believe that one will have it sooner than the other, so there is no reason to cancel your order with one reseller and place it with the other - this will essentially put you further back in line, should there be a shortage.
Thanks for clearing this up, Jens. Really appreciated.

I think we all owe you a beer or three for all your efforts.

Keep up the great work!
Old 26 March 2012, 23:36   #473
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I am wondering about my preorder with Vesalia. I did it about 2 years ago... How do I know if it's still "alive"?

Anyway if there are enough Indivisions, I would like to buy it next month from Amigakit as the sending cost are a little cheaper to here and 'cause I have a 2 cents discount after spending some millions...
Old 27 March 2012, 00:11   #474
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
I am wondering about my preorder with Vesalia. I did it about 2 years ago... How do I know if it's still "alive"?
Vesalia keeps these records, and they remind me frequently of the high number of orders they would like to serve. Rest assured that your order is "still alive" :-)

You should have gotten a confirmation eMail with a reference number. That will help them find it.

Jens
Old 27 March 2012, 00:55   #475
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Vesalia keeps these records, and they remind me frequently of the high number of orders they would like to serve. Rest assured that your order is "still alive" :-)

You should have gotten a confirmation eMail with a reference number. That will help them find it.

Jens
Thanks for that. Yes, surely I had that reference number (although I don't remember that), but as I can't register there like I do in Amigakit and find it... and I must have lost that number if I had it in my mail (I will search again). YEs, I know it's a problem of Vesalia now. I think they should send a message to all of his old preorders (perhaps they have done it or they will do) to tell it's ready for pay and buy it now, preorders first... So they can do it next month.

Anyway I know their politics about entering this site for selling too, so surely they won't be reading this.

So... I just will wait a little as I have to wait to have the money anyway ... EDIT: No, I won't wait. I've sent them a mail asking about it.

Last edited by Retrofan; 27 March 2012 at 22:12.
Old 27 March 2012, 02:40   #476
Chris1965

Just paid for my pre-order at AmigaKit :-)
Old 27 March 2012, 02:42   #477
NovaCoder

linky

Can't see how to pre-order the sucker though.

'Stock Expected: Monday 30 April, 2012'
Old 27 March 2012, 02:42   #478
kipper2k

Different types of DVI connectors

I've been looking through the schematics that Jens posted (Thanks Jens). I didn't realise just how many different types of DVI connectors there are.

Here is a link to show the various types.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=dvi-i+...w=1221&bih=601

There is analog, digital and ones capable for both. For those who want to use a DVI to VGA adapter then you need to make sure that you buy an adapter/cable that is analog/digital capable. From what i seen the Analog has the 4 pins that surround the bladed pin on the DVI adapter, if you don't have those pins then i don't believe VGA output will work... If i am wrong, please correct me.

Its a little confusing with all the different variations

Last edited by kipper2k; 27 March 2012 at 02:49.
Old 27 March 2012, 02:50   #479
Chris1965

Novacoder - click on pre-order, then go to your cart and pay from there. That's what worked for me anyway..
Old 27 March 2012, 04:16   #480
Pyromania

I want this for my 4000T!