English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 27 November 2006, 00:06   #1
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
At the risk of this post being deleted, ill at least know its been seen and acknowleged

The bug that was in previous full winuae that stoped the emu working when my g15 keyboard was plugged in appears to be squished. however in he misc options, usb mode for the leds doesnt stay ticked although it appears to be active within the emulation. again however the status leds appear to be the wrong way round. (power filter led on - appears off, power filter off appears as on . same with hd, led is active when hd is not being accessed and off when it is being accessed. the status leds were not a problem for my previous ps/2 keyboard and full winuae.
Old 27 November 2006, 14:29   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt
At the risk of this post being deleted, ill at least know its been seen and acknowleged
Moved because nothing to do with beta (no changes to keyboard led support)

Quote:
The bug that was in previous full winuae that stoped the emu working when my g15 keyboard was plugged in appears to be squished. however in he misc options, usb mode for the leds doesnt stay ticked although it appears to be active within the emulation. again however the status leds appear to be the wrong way round. (power filter led on - appears off, power filter off appears as on . same with hd, led is active when hd is not being accessed and off when it is being accessed. the status leds were not a problem for my previous ps/2 keyboard and full winuae.
I have G15 and never had any freezing problems.. Perhaps it is Windows version specific issue or something. (and there is no changes to input system or keyboard leds in beta..)

KB led software control is a hack which will explain the issues and need for separate checkbox (there really isn't any official way to do it)

I will re-check later today but I am quite sure leds worked fine on my G15.
Old 27 November 2006, 16:09   #3
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen
Moved because nothing to do with beta (no changes to keyboard led support)

I have G15 and never had any freezing problems.. Perhaps it is Windows version specific issue or something. (and there is no changes to input system or keyboard leds in beta..)
I took the chance to post in the beta area as for me the beta fixed the windows freeze that happened when launching 1.3.3. you mentioned in another thread (vista@1.3.3) i think it was that youd found a fix for a windows devices issue so maybe this was it. Im usinx XP btw.

Is the Keyboard led tied to the USBMode switch ? as i mention, it doesnt stay ticked in the gui so im unsure if its on or not and if thats whats making the leds the wrong way round as I was using a ps/2 keyboard previously which worked ok.
Old 10 March 2007, 19:50   #4
xenepp

Keyboard LEDs haven't worked for me for ages, and I've had about 3 PCs and 5 keyboards since then.
Old 10 March 2007, 19:57   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

What was the last working version? KB led code is a hack that may or may not work..
Old 28 March 2007, 09:33   #6
xenepp

Can't remember the version but must have been about 4 years ago!

Incidently, does Keyrah work with LEDs? Or even work at all?

-Joel
Old 20 November 2007, 11:41   #7
xenepp

Well, I'm now using a Keyrah and still the keyboard LEDs don't work! I'd have thought they definatly would!

Just so you know, currently I'm using WinUAE v1.4.4, Win XP SP2 and Keyrah on an A600 keyboard/LEDs.

Oh and BTW, the PC drive sound works a treat now, sounds really great, thanks so much Toni!

-Joel
Old 20 November 2007, 12:16   #8
xenepp

Y'know what? It does work with Keyrah, needed to restart it.

Trouble with Keyrah though, the power LED is not linked to anything and since this is an Amiga keyboard.. caps lock light is needed!

I think I'll just use the floppy LED from the drive I'm mounting in the A600 case and swap the scroll lock LED for the power LEd.. if that makes sense!

I'm not being funny.. but Jens' products are often quite fiddly to use!

-Joel