English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 31 July 2002, 11:48   #1
alkis21
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to alkis21
Games that NEEDED a cheat desperately...

..but you never found one.

Project X
Highway Hawks

These games were too bloody difficult, I really want to complete them some day but it's unlikely.
Old 31 July 2002, 14:06   #2
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

This is a kind of difficult question, because if you played lots of cracked games, many of them had trainers on them.
Old 31 July 2002, 20:39   #3
Amiga1992

Project X had a sort of cheat... to skip levels...
Old 31 July 2002, 20:57   #4
Mr Creosote
Evil Mastermind

Chaos Engine - never got farther than 2nd world, 2nd level without cheats
Old 31 July 2002, 23:28   #5
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

It always suprises me when people say The Chaos Engine was too difficult. Im a gamer of average ability but I totally turned that game inside out! I think maybe people dont try hard enough.
Old 01 August 2002, 01:23   #6
Nyarlathotep
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally posted by Dastardly
It always suprises me when people say The Chaos Engine was too difficult.
I agree... I don't' think it was too difficult to finish it... especially playing in 2
Old 01 August 2002, 01:26   #7
Mr Creosote
Evil Mastermind

Don't try hard enough? I played it day and night for several months without any pause!
Old 01 August 2002, 01:39   #8
blackcornflake

Which character(s) did you pick in Chaos Engine, Mr Creosote? I always found a big, slow/small, quick character duo worked best.

BTW, here is another thread about games that folks found too hard, in case you have yet to spot it: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4113

I haven't posted in that one...
Old 01 August 2002, 05:47   #9
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

I am the GOD of the games players (he he he he )

Nah, I think I am a rather good player, yet I find The Chaos Engine to be rather difficult. It took me a LONG time to get to THE Chaos Engine, and I could NEVER beat it. I usually played with Navie and either Gentleman or Scientist as my partner.

I could never find a mate good enough to play TCE with me. (Unlike Alien Breed 2 ,where I had a friend who played with me, and we reaches the military building, then the game asked for disk 3, and when I inserted, it didn't load .. )
Old 01 August 2002, 06:12   #10
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by Shatterhand
(Unlike Alien Breed 2 ,where I had a friend who played with me, and we reaches the military building, then the game asked for disk 3, and when I inserted, it didn't load .. )
Bwahahaha! TYPICAL south-american shitty courier problems! I had these too mate. Broken games were a-plenty around here. Sometimes we never had working versions of lots of games in teh whole country! (Zany Golf being a prime example)

AB2 worked though, and I finished it
Old 01 August 2002, 09:52   #11
alkis21
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to alkis21
Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
Project X had a sort of cheat... to skip levels...
I know, but that didn't help me get past L2.
Old 01 August 2002, 14:03   #12
Mr Creosote
Evil Mastermind

First, I always chose Thug or Navvie, later I went with Mercenary (because those damn frogs always hit me playing the slow guys ). As a CPU partner, I always chose Preacher (mainly because the other guys are just too dumb to even do anything).
Old 01 August 2002, 14:45   #13
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

I didn't think Chaos Engine was too difficult either. I have gotten up to the last level with every character + the preacher, and I have completed it with the Navie + preacher, and also the brigand + preacher.

If you are struggling, I reccommend the Navie and the Brigand as the characters that you play, because I thought their powerful condensed fire was much more effective than the Thug and Mercenary's weak spread fire.

Also, always use the preacher as your partner. He is as weak as piss, but his life regen ability is invaluable.

Is the preacher called the scientist in America? I read something about that once in an Amiga mag.
Old 01 August 2002, 23:42   #14
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Pah! Youre all feeble gameplaying weaklings! I completed TCE with EVERY combo of characters, EVEN as the faggot preacher!
Old 02 August 2002, 05:43   #15
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Yeah, but you are a Bitmap Brothers whore!

@Akira

That episode with Alien Breed 2 was the 2nd saddest moment with my Amiga ever (The 1st one was when it stopped working)

Like you said, we in South America had lots of problems with pirated games. It took AGES 'til we had a working version of Ruff 'n' Tumble, Sierra Soccer never got a full working version,not to mention the many beta versions we had, sold as full versions.

I remember I had Beverly Hills Cop, and after I beat the 2nd stage, the game asks for disk 2... but THERE WAS NO DISK 2 FOR ME! I returned to the guy who copied the game, said the game asked for disk 2, and he didn't copy me the disk 2, and he told me "What disk 2? There's no disk 2!"
Old 02 August 2002, 17:27   #16
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Unreal (Ubisoft Amiga game,not the PC game!).
I never saw the game beyond the first couple of levels.
Pity,as it supposedly had such great GFX.
Although I think Cannon fodder did have a cheat,(buggered if I can remember it),it was still difficult to try & do later mission's.
Old 03 August 2002, 00:05   #17
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Quote:
Yeah, but you are a Bitmap Brothers whore!

Guilty as charged
Old 03 August 2002, 05:24   #18
Amiga1992

Quote:
Like you said, we in South America had lots of problems with pirated games. It took AGES 'til we had a working version of Ruff 'n' Tumble, Sierra Soccer never got a full working version,not to mention the many beta versions we had, sold as full versions.
I think I still dont have a fuly working version of Ruff n Tumble! the passwords system NEVER worked. Same goes for Jurassic Park ECS (but I think this was a crack problem? I dont remember)
Quote:
I returned to the guy who copied the game, said the game asked for disk 2, and he didn't copy me the disk 2, and he told me "What disk 2? There's no disk 2!"
Bwahahaha! TYPICAL! I actually got to teh point of grabbing their Amigas, loading the game, going to the part where the games fucked up and shove it up their arse. Then they would say "OK, I have to go get a working copy theN".

They never got one for any of the games I complained about :P
Old 03 August 2002, 05:44   #19
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

There's a cheat mode for Unreal! I can't remember how it's acessed, you had to type a code in the title screen (That one with some cool backdrop and some nice looking flying balls)

I loved that game... I never finished it , but I went very far. And the graphics were lovely.... damn, that was one of those games I liked to show to my friends to show the power of the Amiga.

The cheat mode of Cannon Fodder , AFAIK, is just to have a soldier with the highest ranking. Save a game with the name JOOLS.

@ Akira
Hmm.. now that you mentioned... I am not sure if the password works in the version that circulated around here. There was 2 guys in the place I used to get my games, one would usually even copy another game in the same disk if I just told him the game wasn't working (He wouldn't even TEST it. I could copy the game in other disks, and then tell him it wasn't working, and he would copy another game for me)

The other one always tested the games. If it really wasn't working, he would copy the SAME game again in another disks. For him, it was always a fault in the disk. If it refused to work again, he would copy another game.
Old 03 August 2002, 18:10   #20
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Sorry to go Off-topic, but has anyone tried Unreal on the latest WinUAE yet?
Any word if its working yet?