English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 13 June 2006, 14:13   #1
Crazymiggs

Found: Legend (Old Title:SDungeon crawl - Similar to Hero Quest)

Hey all,

The game name I am after seemed quite advanced for the Amiga; it was a dungeon crawl / level up / open chests / collect new items style game (similar to Diablo on PC). It looked very similar to Hero Quest (i dont think it was Hero Quest but I guess I could be wrong). I seem to remember one of the characters you could play looking like an assasin. You coould pick up wands and weapons as per usual, and you moved from screen to screen just like in Hero Quest.

The single most memorable part of it was the spells system; essentially you could put together different components to cause different effects and essentially create your own spells. I believe it was a rune based (ie one rune for single bolt, one for spread bolts etc.), possibly with ingredients as well but on this point I am unsure.

For example you could create a long spell which would fire out a bolt, on impact that bolt would do damage, and spread into bolts firing out in all directions causing damage; and even each of those could be told to fire out new bolts in all directions. You could have a spell which when clicked did exactly as above but instead of firing one bolt to start it fired out in all directions from the charatcer. There was area effects as well if I remember correcltly. There wasnt just damaging spells, some I think put monsters to sleep. The more effects the spell had the more ingredients it took and more magic power.

Fantastic system of spells, and I would love to revisit.

Any ideas?

Old 13 June 2006, 14:38   #2
misguided_fool

Shadowlands ?

http://hol.abime.net/1898
Old 13 June 2006, 14:44   #3
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Sounds like Legend
Old 13 June 2006, 15:55   #4
Crazymiggs

Legend! Absolute superstar Belgarath, never have I moe liked anything stemming from David Eddings...

Many thanks gents!