English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 03 April 2011, 00:33   #1
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles WHDload not working

Hi, I have downloaded the HD-installer for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (link) and I have the latest version of WHDload and it's registered.

I've installed a lot of games and they all work fine, except this game. I start he HD-installer and it copies the files from the disks, no complaints on the way. When done it looks like this:

But when starting the game, it shows the usual WHDload window, then begins running the game where I just get a black screen for a few seconds then returns to WB with this message:

I've tried 3 different versions of this 3 disk version of Turtles. One cracked by unknown cracker, one cracked by Triad and the final one which is the CAPS version. All 3 gives the same error.

Sure, I can just copy all the files from the disks to the HD and run it fine without the help of WHDload, but I wanted to use the WHDload approach.

I also downloaded and tried to install an old version of WHDload (15) as this seems to be around the time the HD-installer was made... but couldn't get it to install properly.
Old 03 April 2011, 00:42   #2
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Theres 2 turtles games one by Konami and the other by Ultra Games Worldwide - are you sure your using the correct version -Dont use cracked versions to install.
Or download the game preinstalled
Old 03 April 2011, 00:46   #3
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Have you tried the pre-installed version?
Old 03 April 2011, 00:49   #4
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
Theres 2 turtles games one by Konami and the other by Ultra Games Worldwide - are you sure your using the correct version -Dont use cracked versions to install.
Or download the game preinstalled
I know of all versions and only one of them is called "Ninja" and only one version is on 3 disks, this is the one I'm using. I have the right installer for the right game and I have the right disks. And I know not to use cracked versions but like I said before, it made no difference. CAPS is not cracked and that's the first version I tried, and as that didn't work I tried two other versions which were cracked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Have you tried the pre-installed version?
Nope, but now I'm gonna

Ok, pre-installed version worked, why won't the HD-installed from WHDload work? as I clearly have the right HD-installer and game disks, no doubt about it.

Last edited by TCD; 03 April 2011 at 00:50. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Use the edit function.
Old 03 April 2011, 00:51   #5
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Well, the WHDLoad install by KG doesn't use the SPS release. Seems like it wasn't available when the install was made, so for the WHDLoad installer it's an 'unsupported' version. Raise a ticket on the Mantis tracker
Old 03 April 2011, 00:57   #6
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Well, the WHDLoad install by KG doesn't use the SPS release. Seems like it wasn't available when the install was made, so for the WHDLoad installer it's an 'unsupported' version. Raise a ticket on the Mantis tracker
Most other games have no problem with cracked versions as I've tried installing some (just experimental, I know to use ipf/sps which I do)... but this one didn't like any of the 3 versions of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I found... which is weird.
Old 03 April 2011, 01:01   #7
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Well, the slave is quite old and was most likely created directly from an image of the original disks. Psygore is still active, so a note that the install fails with the SPS release wouldn't hurt I guess.
Old 03 April 2011, 01:04   #8
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipoonios View Post
I know of all versions and only one of them is called "Ninja" and only one version is on 3 disks, this is the one I'm using. I have the right installer for the right game and I have the right disks. And I know not to use cracked versions but like I said before, it made no difference. CAPS is not cracked and that's the first version I tried, and as that didn't work I tried two other versions which were cracked.
Ok Fair enough this is the same reply I would get if I asked. I wonder what you think of the two convertions to me there both naff compared to the NES version
Old 03 April 2011, 01:10   #9
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

They are both horrible compared to the nes version. Worst is the lame speed the versions on Amiga got, like it's moving in 10 frames per second. The Hero version only has ONE ingame tune through the entire game and lacks alot of sound effect but has a bit more coloring going on. The Ninja version has all tunes from nes I think and way more sound. But both play horrible. A pain to jump in Ninja version as you need to hold fire and release to jump, to attack you need to press fire and quickly release. Here's the Hero version I uploaded today:

[ Show youtube player ]

I might do this Ninja version next, but Ironclaw said he wants to do it so we both have done one each , we'll see.
Old 04 April 2011, 19:50   #10
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

A final post...

Both versions:

[ Show youtube player ]
[ Show youtube player ]