English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 16 October 2015, 05:29   #1
amigakit.com

New SCSI II to Micro SD Card Adapter At AmigaKit.com

We are pleased to announce availability of the new SCSI to Micro SD Card Adapter at AmigaKit.com

Please click here for more information

We can supply a range of SCSI cables also to complement this adapter.
Old 16 October 2015, 10:52   #2
strim
NetBSD developer

So I guess this is just SCSI2SD ?
Old 16 October 2015, 10:56   #3
Dagger

Cool Will these work as replacements for our hd's in say an A590 or Supra 500 etc?
Old 16 October 2015, 11:01   #4
Daedalus

Looks like it, but without the $26 shipping & duties from the US which is good for us Europeans.
Old 16 October 2015, 15:28   #5
brett71

This is an awesome new development. I remember how much of pain it was in my old A3000 to have the SCSI2IDE board and then a cable that had to go around the daughterboard and to a module that consumed a slot for a CF card. With this, could've kept the whole thing right where the HD was intended to mount.
Old 16 October 2015, 16:22   #6
esc

Yeah, same thoughts as brett71. I think this will be right at home in my A3000D.

Old 16 October 2015, 17:12   #7
Amiga_CDTV
Mind Walker

I have the older release (bigger board). I remember reading it had almost the transfer speed of Amiga-dated SCSI-1 hard disks (early 90's). Are these newer boards now faster (ie. the bottleneck would be the SCSI interface, not the drive)?
Old 16 October 2015, 19:50   #8
Locutus

Wouldn't it have been nice and fair if they attributed that this is actually a opensource project on their sales page with a link where a user could find all the documentation and support they'd need?
Old 17 November 2015, 04:12   #9
lost_loven

so this could be a full replacement for a bootable drive then? how big of micro sd card could we use? 16 gig would be ok? Cause I am thinking of a replacement soon for that hard drive in my a3000.. Also could I just pop this out and put it in a adapter in the pc and totally redo a system if need be?Would winuae see this microsd card? Looks like it has the basic 2.5 meg transfer rate as a scsi so would be no real noticeable speed loss. right .. . ?

edit: would all micro sd cards work? has there been test on certain brands?

lost

Last edited by lost_loven; 17 November 2015 at 12:46.
Old 18 November 2015, 14:41   #10
tekopaa

i preordered mine couple days ago
Old 19 November 2015, 10:55   #11
voyager_1701e

I got mine working with a 16Gb card on a GVP 030 Combo in a 2000.

The only PIA was both my Win 10 machines will read the card details via the USB port, but wont allow updating the firmware or other settings. I had to drag out my old WIN XP laptop to update it. Maybe something to do with USB drivers/permissions...dont know...fn Windows!

Overall a nice compact solution.
Old 20 November 2015, 10:50   #12
Yulquen74

A nice product, really.

Pity it does not support sync transfers.

Acard adapter in sync mode + IDE SSD does 3300KB/s in a A590 system, but at twice the price.

Will probably order a piece or two anyway.
Old 20 November 2015, 17:37   #13
Etze
A3000-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
Cool Will these work as replacements for our hd's in say an A590 or Supra 500 etc?
Yes, it does work here with an A590.
Old 20 November 2015, 20:06   #14
Graham Humphrey

Looks nice! Would it work with my SCSI Squirrel adaptor on my A1200?
Old 21 November 2015, 00:04   #15
McTrinsic

Could someone confirm the maximum capacity of the SDHC card in GB??

Thanks,
McT
Old 21 November 2015, 00:42   #16
lost_loven

woot order is waiting to be dispatched! .. 32 gig cards are on sale here but 16 would be more than enough. Hello weekend! Prep time! might be a good ideal to start from scratch. So I am guessing install this on the amiga and quick format/partition the Micro SD card to what ever and how many partitions needed then put back in pc and dump what ever install over would be the correct procedure most would do? Is there any other suggestions ?
Old 21 November 2015, 13:09   #17
voyager_1701e

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_loven View Post
woot order is waiting to be dispatched! .. 32 gig cards are on sale here but 16 would be more than enough. Hello weekend! Prep time! might be a good ideal to start from scratch. So I am guessing install this on the amiga and quick format/partition the Micro SD card to what ever and how many partitions needed then put back in pc and dump what ever install over would be the correct procedure most would do? Is there any other suggestions ?
That is exactly how I did my setup. For whatever reason, if I try to use the PC/WinUAE to setup the drive, on a MicroSD, it simply wont allow the drive to be partitioned because of the "drive type". However, setting the partitions on the Amiga, then using them in the PC/WinUAE to transfer the OS setup and all files/demos/games works well!

This issue only seems to plague me on microSD and frequently SD cards also. CF cards are rarely an issue.
Old 21 November 2015, 16:51   #18
lost_loven

k cool. I pretty much expected that. And scsi id's I guess we would have to connect the board to our pc's via usb to set it then also or did you leave it as is and have no conflict?
I kinda went on that link provided earlier and gave it a quick look .. been awhile since I messed with that but I thinking mine are set at 5 and 6 for my hd and cd rom if memory serves. Need measurements to. Guess gonna need to prefab some sort of housing/bracket to sit in a 3000 D when eventually ditch that big clunky hd. Guess power consumption will be less too and will make things easier on power supply too. (that might have to be a next upgrade seeing that the current one is original .. who knows how long that will last)

Last edited by lost_loven; 21 November 2015 at 17:23.
Old 22 November 2015, 13:05   #19
voyager_1701e

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_loven View Post
k cool. I pretty much expected that. And scsi id's I guess we would have to connect the board to our pc's via usb to set it then also or did you leave it as is and have no conflict?
I kinda went on that link provided earlier and gave it a quick look .. been awhile since I messed with that but I thinking mine are set at 5 and 6 for my hd and cd rom if memory serves. Need measurements to. Guess gonna need to prefab some sort of housing/bracket to sit in a 3000 D when eventually ditch that big clunky hd. Guess power consumption will be less too and will make things easier on power supply too. (that might have to be a next upgrade seeing that the current one is original .. who knows how long that will last)
Mine was set to ID 0 out of the box. I thought the mechanical drive I was to copy and replace was likely to be 0, so as you suggested I connected it to the PC with USB and set it to 1. Didn't need to do it as my mechanical drive wasn't 1 or 0 anyway!

However it was frustrating that I couldnt program the unit with either of my Win10 PC's
Old 22 November 2015, 17:16   #20
lost_loven

really? Doh. hope there will be a update for that.. is there OS X support? Have to check and see. All evils in this house lol.

Edit : looks like there is!