English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 18 March 2015, 11:30   #21
SparkyNZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyNZ View Post
My mistake. I saw VS2013 was v12 so I thought the v11 folder was the older folder. I can compile now - just cannot link because there is no hq2x16.obj. Do I need to manually assemble this to create the .obj file with masm or something?

Thanks again.
Just found asm.cmd.. Guess I need NASM if it isn't already installed somewhere on my machine..
Old 18 March 2015, 11:37   #22
SparkyNZ

Smile

Quote:
Just found asm.cmd.. Guess I need NASM if it isn't already installed somewhere on my machine..
YAY!! It builds now.. and runs too! :-)

Must have a go at trying to get it to build with VS2010 on Win7 though - my Win8 netbook is extremely slow and thats the only machine I could get VS2013 running on (without downloading the massive Win 7 SP1 first).
Old 20 March 2015, 07:28   #23
SparkyNZ

Question

Toni, I'm still trying to build WinUAE on VS2010 - just a version of my own for convenience. The only thing that seems to be stopping me is this new C++ standard for floating point numbers - fenv.h/fpu.h, fetestexcept() etc.

If I want to build with VS2010, should it just be a matter of finding an older version of fpp.cpp in the source repository?

In fact.. if I only want to emulate a 68000 machine, can I just build with FPUEMU undefined? From memory it was only the 68030+ that had an optional FPU?

Last edited by SparkyNZ; 20 March 2015 at 07:56.
Old 20 March 2015, 19:33   #24
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Toni, I'm still trying to build WinUAE on VS2010 - just a version of my own for convenience. The only thing that seems to be stopping me is this new C++ standard for floating point numbers - fenv.h/fpu.h, fetestexcept() etc.

If I want to build with VS2010, should it just be a matter of finding an older version of fpp.cpp in the source repository?

In fact.. if I only want to emulate a 68000 machine, can I just build with FPUEMU undefined? From memory it was only the 68030+ that had an optional FPU?
Probably easiest way is to comment out all code that uses C99 stuff. (not C++). No one uses FPU arithmetic exceptions.
Old 20 March 2015, 21:43   #25
SparkyNZ

Question

Hi Toni. Thanks - I have it compiling but I cannot get the http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuaeinclibs.zip to link properly. I thought it was perhaps because I was building in Debug mode but I have changed to Release and I still get loads of unresolved externals.

For example:
Code:
chdcodec.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _LzmaEncProps_Init
But! I do indeed have lzma.lib in my Linker->Input settings. So what's the problem? Have the WinuaeIncLibs been built with VS2013 and not compatible with VS2010? Is there an older WinuaeIncLibs.zip available that was built with VS2010 - just trying to avoid rebuilding all of these libraries manually.

I am getting the same problems with lua and other libraries so it must be a code generation type mismatch or project configuration problem?
Old 20 March 2015, 22:00   #26
SparkyNZ

Quote:
Hi Toni. Thanks - I have it compiling but I cannot get the http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuaeinclibs.zip to link properly.
I don't know what I've done exactly but its linking now.. I just a comparison of the Properties on both VS2010 and VS2013 and its now linking and running. I'll try the same with Debug configuration and see if I can figure out which setting made it work..