English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 10 December 2019, 19:50   #2621
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
After testing yet again; I really don't know what has happened... but there a few small mistakes in the latest "Update Pack"

These are as follows;
  • Pinball Fantasies [CD32]; forgot to change "Joypad1" --> "None".
  • Pinball Illusions [CD32]; forgot to change "Joypad1" --> "None".
  • Nightlong - Union City Conspiracy [AmigaCD] [RTG]; even though I only changed one setting in the configuration file, when first starting the game you are now asked to select screenmode.
  • Wing Commander; now that I've set the configuration to AGA, the game runs a little too fast.
Fixes will be published tomorrow when I'm more awake
Here is a "fix" file addressing the above mistakes... just download / extract into "C:\WinUAE"
Old 10 December 2019, 20:30   #2622
Viceroy

Thank you DD ;-)
Old 10 December 2019, 23:00   #2623
jabybau

restless guy Damien!!!!!
Old 10 December 2019, 23:55   #2624
Leandro Jardim

Thank you Damien! Right now I am playing Legions of Dawn... Man, what a game!

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 11 December 2019 at 01:05.
Old 11 December 2019, 00:20   #2625
DamienD
Banned

Enjoy

...I'm currently testing out one of ross's secret projects
Old 11 December 2019, 01:31   #2626
Leandro Jardim

Hmm, when I play Legions of Dawn and select "Default" or "Fullscreen (TV)" in Filters panel, I can't click directly over the GUI's buttons to move my character. I must click outside of them.

In the screenshot below you can see that the ghosted rectangle is where I must click to move my character to the right, always at the left of the real button.

The mouse pointer seems to be misaligned with the game image, because every button reacts in the same way.

Seems to be a problem with this game and that Filter options I commented before.

Another issue related to WinUAE and that I would like to hear other people's opinions, is that the option "Mouse/Joystick Autoswitching" in Game ports panel doesn't always works with my controller, a wired XBOX 360 one. Many times WinUAE don't detect the controller or place the controller in the mouse port when I press the fire button.

So I have some questions about this option: firstly anyone know what is the logic which WinUAE uses when selecting the right port for a mouse or controller? And second, anyone sees also WinUAE having difficulties to detect controllers like happens with my XBOX 360 one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Black Dawn III - Legions of Dawn (1995)(Black Dragon - F1 Licenceware)(Disk 1 of 2)[AMOS]_001.png
Views:	169
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	65482  

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 11 December 2019 at 09:55.
Old 11 December 2019, 01:45   #2627
DamienD
Banned

I've never experienced that. If you play the game using my defaults does the same thing happen?

I have to ask, why are you selecting "Default" [never use this as it messes with aspect ratio / scaling] or "Fullscreen (TV)" in the "Filters" panel?

...the games are already setup perfectly in my collection

If you are going to play around with the configuration files I've made (which have been tested thoroughly), then sorry to say; you are on own...

...but in all honesty, I wouldn't expect these changes that you've done to cause any issues; but again I haven't tested by selecting these options.
Old 11 December 2019, 01:55   #2628
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim View Post
Another issue related to WinUAE and that I would like to hear other people's opnions, is that the option "Mouse/Joystick Autoswitching" in Game ports panel not always works with my controller, a wired XBOX 360 one. Many times WinUAE don't detect the controller or it puts the controller in the mouse port when I press the fire button.

So I have some questions about this option: firstly anyone know what is the logic which WinUAE uses when selecting the right port for a mouse or controller? And second, anyone is seeing also WinUAE having difficulties to detect controllers like happens with my XBOX 36 one?
I see you've made edits / additions to your post, which I'll try to address

Regarding "Mouse/Joystick autoswitching". I've never had any issues with this over the years and it works perfectly (I've used "wired" Xbox controllers and currently "wireless" Xbox 360 controllers)

See my notes in the 1st post of this thread:

Quote:
  • "Keyboard Layout B" is set for "Port 2"; obviously if you plug in your joystick / controller and press button one it will swap over. With the second joystick / controller, press the 2nd button to swap over.
I should add to that really; pressing "Button 1" on any controller maps to "Port 2", pressing "Button 2" on any controller maps to "Port 1"

Last edited by DamienD; 11 December 2019 at 02:10.
Old 11 December 2019, 02:16   #2629
Leandro Jardim

Quote:
I've never experienced that. If you play the game using my defaults does the same thing happen?

I have to ask, why are you selecting "Default" [never use this as it messes with aspect ratio / scaling] or "Fullscreen (TV)" in the "Filters" panel?
I created a separate configuration in the Host panel with one shader I like to use when playing the games in the collection, so that WinUAE load it with each game, without me needing to modify every configuration separately.

In this separate configuration I have the "Fullscreen (TV)" and "Bilinear filtering" options, along with the aforementioned shader, selected on the Filters panel.

So in reality I only did need to create one new configuration to change every other automatically.

Quote:
I should add to that really; pressing "Button 1" on any controller maps to "Port 2", pressing "Button 2" on any controller maps to "Port 1"
Thanks for your help with everything, mainly the "Mouse/Joystick autoswitching" option; I will follow your directions and will see if the option works now.

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 11 December 2019 at 08:56.
Old 11 December 2019, 03:04   #2630
Leandro Jardim

Now I know what was wrong when I used the "Mouse/Joystick autoswitching" option.

It only worked for me when I selected "Game Ports Panel" from the top left box in the Input panel.

Then I pressed the Button #1 of my controller and bingo! It was finally detected!

On my computer I used to have that box always set to "Configuration #1", because I needed to remap the keys on my laptop to work correctly with WinUAE.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Clipboard 1.png
Views:	149
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	65483  

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 11 December 2019 at 08:55.
Old 11 December 2019, 09:15   #2631
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim View Post
I created a separate configuration in the Host panel with one shader I like to use when playing the games in the collection, so that WinUAE load it with each game, without me needing to modify every configuration separately.

In this separate configuration I have the "Fullscreen (TV)" and "Bilinear filtering" options, along with the aforementioned shader, selected on the Filters panel.

So in reality I only did need to create one new configuration to change every other automatically.
Ah ok, that makes sense. Yes I think if you use shaders then you need to set "native" display and play around with stuff in the "Filters" section.
Old 12 December 2019, 01:15   #2632
vbgd
Insider

Damien, your collection rocks!
Old 13 December 2019, 11:14   #2633
enzoboss

I will never cease to thank you Damien for this incredible project.
Now I'm inserting my screenshot and changing configurations, I like shaders, and inserting hdf files in the collection.I have captured the screenshots over the years with FS-UAE and now thanks to you I went back to using WinUae too.Look at the result.
Merry Christmas to all.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Agony.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	500.4 KB
ID:	65495   Click image for larger version

Name:	Deliverance.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	340.8 KB
ID:	65496   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mortal Kombat.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	704.9 KB
ID:	65497   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mortal Kombat II.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	658.7 KB
ID:	65498   Click image for larger version

Name:	Myth - History in the Making.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	408.6 KB
ID:	65499  

Old 13 December 2019, 11:16   #2634
chip

Merry Christmas to you
Old 13 December 2019, 13:26   #2635
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzoboss View Post
I will never cease to thank you Damien for this incredible project.
Now I'm inserting my screenshot and changing configurations, I like shaders, and inserting hdf files in the collection.I have captured the screenshots over the years with FS-UAE and now thanks to you I went back to using WinUae too.Look at the result.
Merry Christmas to all.
Better than my screenshots

You have to remember that I took over 2300 "Title" and 2300 "SShots" in under 2 months of continuous work...

Unfortunately I didn't have time to play games for more than 1 - 2 minutes really.
Old 13 December 2019, 18:22   #2636
enzoboss

Quote:
Better than my screenshots

You have to remember that I took over 2300 "Title" and 2300 "SShots" in under 2 months of continuous work...

Unfortunately I didn't have time to play games for more than 1 - 2 minutes really.
It is from the beginning of the millennium that I try games and capture screenshots with WinUae and then from 2012 I used FS-UAE, then when I met your project now use both.
In my external hd I have a screenshot folder with "144.770" files, naturally
only Amiga.
Old 13 December 2019, 18:24   #2637
chip

That's impressive
Old 14 December 2019, 18:58   #2638
Martecx

Whoever cares, I made a list with Excel of DamienD's collection that automatically counts for example how many AGA, RTG, CD32, CDTV, AmigaCD games etc... which are present in the collection in addition to the total number.

It is updated to Update Pack #31; not present are APC & TCP Games & Purchases; that should be 21.

https://mega.nz/#!qmJg0CBA!UlMoD1wQJ...8env9xdxnMTTZs

Last edited by DamienD; 14 December 2019 at 20:15. Reason: Fixed URL ;-)
Old 14 December 2019, 20:25   #2639
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martecx View Post
Whoever cares, I made a list with Excel of DamienD's collection that automatically counts for example how many AGA, RTG, CD32, CDTV, AmigaCD games etc... which are present in the collection in addition to the total number.

It is updated to Update Pack #31; not present are APC & TCP Games & Purchases; that should be 21.

https://mega.nz/#!qmJg0CBA!UlMoD1wQJ...8env9xdxnMTTZs
Heya Martecx,

Thank you for taking the time to produce this

It's quite cool with loads of information, and the ability to see "cracked by"

Maybe you could add a "trained by" column also
Old 14 December 2019, 20:57   #2640
Martecx

The main motivation for the creation of this list was mainly to see the year of release of the games. So I can see the improvements or deterioration in the quality of the games during those years. The crack column is not perfect and if in a game I didn't find out who did the crack I got the trainer or who changed it surely can be improved. Maybe if I find the time I do it. However the nice thing is that you can order the titles as you want; for game name, for year, for developer, for aga, for any column and in a moment you see how many games are united.