English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 02 January 2014, 14:54   #21
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
So if I order those two items plus a mem card for the pcmcia adaptor thingy from amigakit, that's it, I'm ready to go?
Are you sure you don't want the CF card, adapter & cable I offered you for free? You can pay £22 for it if you want though

I can set it up for you to help with the laziness or you can have it blank
Old 02 January 2014, 15:06   #22
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
Are you sure you don't want the CF card, adapter & cable I offered you for free? You can pay £22 for it if you want though

I can set it up for you to help with the laziness or you can have it blank
FFS, my laziness prevented me seeing the offer!

Sure, if you're giving shit away, i'll have some of that shit, my missus infests the house with free crap, why not something useful?

Sure, thats a top offer, i'll PM you my address
Old 03 January 2014, 16:52   #23
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Free shit posted today
Old 05 January 2014, 03:53   #24
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Thanks must goto Fitzsteve for being mildly less lazy than me and actually finding his way to the Post Office! I got my gift today of an adaptor and 4gig card to go with it, and I now have a resurrected Amiga A1200!

You are a star

In other sad news, 4gig is too small it seems, lots of shit (useless shit I might add!) had to be deleted, and thankfully I wasn't too lazy to do that.

Sad news is that my main A1200 that cost me the thick end of £429 back in 1992 is fucked. Something spilled onto the floppy drive and its proper knackered the machine up.

Better news is I found another A1200 I didn't know I had, but alas, that ones fucked as well, probably why I forgot I had it because thats probably how I rescued it.

Some rescue that was!

However, whilst I was in my garage (its under my house so is a fairly benign atmosphere, I hunted through lots of other stuff I forgot I rescued.

5 x Amiga A500's
3 x Atari STFM/e's
1 x A4000
1 x CDTV

And what the fuck..... another A1200.... absolutely mint, with an 8 meg trapdoor ram expansion, and hard drive, and it all worked.

But then I remembered I had an 030 card somewhere to replace the 060 card I sold to Toni Wilen a while back.... found it, but fuck me, it works when it wants to.

Always appears to be a bootup issue, might just be a dodgy connector on the board because it was alright with the original 8meg ram expansion, and then it didn't like that, so I guess the motherboard needs a clean.

So, to test the drive, I copied everything from the PC onto the card drive thingy Fitzsteve sent me, it all works, and I thought i'd best try and see if Putty Squad would work on the machine by being written to floppy drive, and bugger me (not literally, its not an invite!), Putty Squad AGA actually loads pretty damned quickly really.

I don't know who mastered the game, but he's a pretty all round good bloke, and probably has still retained his boyish good looks...... again, not an invite!

So, I now have a resurrected A1200 I don't remember owning, with 64 meg of ram, 68030 card, 4 gig card thingy hard drive that boots really quickly, and the picture quality is all kinds of crap through the composite port into a Sony Bravia 55" HD 3D TV.... so, now I need to locate a Scart/Amiga lead, and find a mouse?!?!?!?!

A veritable shop of Amiga equipment, but no mouse and scart/Amiga lead.... but I did find UN Squadron which I don't recall buying, and well, Putty Squad had to go onto something!

Suppose i'd best check out AmigaKit to see if they do the mouse and lead seeing as Fitzsteve cheated them out of some moolah.

And my missus might have remembered where she put the CD32 as well
Old 05 January 2014, 07:45   #25
NovaCoder

Sounds like a happy ending to me

Wish I had loads of Amiga's around the place that I'd forgotten about!

Also, another thanks to Steve for providing the CF card
Old 05 January 2014, 16:19   #26
sneeker

How do you manage to forget you have an A4000 in your garage? Quick open it up and check for battery leakage, then use it. Maybe try to find another room to hide it in though that the missus doesnt go into often.

That said, I seem to forget I have a mini in the garage, current work rate on it is about a week every couple of years.. maybe this year..
Old 05 January 2014, 16:46   #27
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes, I was also forgotting I've got three Ferraris on the garage and some A4000 too, maybe some of the first Apples made of wood and signed too.

Last edited by Retrofan; 05 January 2014 at 22:01.
Old 05 January 2014, 16:58   #28
BippyM
Global Moderator

Paint it black and she might not notice
Old 05 January 2014, 16:58   #29
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Hey glad to hear you're all up and running, sounds like you got a nice collection of Amiga's, etc there too
Old 05 January 2014, 19:59   #30
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeker View Post
How do you manage to forget you have an A4000 in your garage? Quick open it up and check for battery leakage, then use it. Maybe try to find another room to hide it in though that the missus doesnt go into often.

That said, I seem to forget I have a mini in the garage, current work rate on it is about a week every couple of years.. maybe this year..
I knew I had an a4000, I'm sure I've got another one somewhere as well, I just don't recall the plethora of a1200's