English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 17 July 2012, 08:52   #61
mombasajoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjLaZer View Post
There really is no issue people.
I don't know what you've read in my posting ... but I don't see any issue?
Old 17 July 2012, 15:49   #62
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
A Zorro 3 FastEthernet card for €50-90 bundeled together with the mythological Roadshow68k TCP/IP stack and we have a winner.
Or even better a Zorro II/III (autodetection) ethernet with the Aros68k TCP-IP stack. And if you can, add an USB solution to it.
Old 17 July 2012, 23:12   #63
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

I am surprised that NOBODY has asked Jens where the pics of the ACA500 are?

Jens?
Old 18 July 2012, 01:50   #64
duga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
I am surprised that NOBODY has asked Jens where the pics of the ACA500 are?

Jens?
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=829181&postcount=25
Old 18 July 2012, 10:07   #65
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Old 18 July 2012, 11:26   #66
nikos.rizos

Actually this is not the ACA500 but a part of it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
The adapter as shown in this morning's post on the first page is just a passive thing that rises the accelerator itself above Agnus and potential chipram expansions.
Jens
Old 18 July 2012, 18:19   #67
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

I think I am gonna put some cats amongst the pidgeons....

I wonder if it would be possible to (with the addition of an a1200 accelerator to the ACA500) also add PCI via a mediator?
Old 18 July 2012, 20:23   #68
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
...and since I can put a face to the name after I've met you in Blackpool, can totally see that grin on your face ;-)

Quote:
I wonder if it would be possible to (with the addition of an a1200 accelerator to the ACA500) also add PCI via a mediator?
It'll be problematic from a mechanical point of view, and there will most probably be trouble on the 68020 bus, which Mediator uses as a tri-state bus. However, the ACA500 is designed as a point-to-point connection on the 68020 bus - that's the part that I've cut down in order to achieve the low price point. ACA500 is expecting to be the one and only slave on the 68020 bus, and Mediator would be the second slave, which is not covered in my design. There will most probably be bus contention on multiple control lines, with an increased likelihood of damage on either side (ACA500 and Mediator). In other words: Better don't try it.

Jens
Old 18 July 2012, 22:59   #69
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
If you take all three, do we get a discount then .

Great stuff, am interested in the BIGRAM+, ACA1220 and ACA500.

It doesn't depend on him but on the resellers... for what I've seen you can have a magazine as a gift, perhaps some stickers... dunno.
Yes, they could make somekind of offer for buying 3 new products, although it wasn't more than a magazine or two.

Last edited by Retrofan; 19 July 2012 at 00:18.
Old 19 July 2012, 00:10   #70
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
...and since I can put a face to the name after I've met you in Blackpool, can totally see that grin on your face ;-)

Quote:

It'll be problematic from a mechanical point of view, and there will most probably be trouble on the 68020 bus, which Mediator uses as a tri-state bus. However, the ACA500 is designed as a point-to-point connection on the 68020 bus - that's the part that I've cut down in order to achieve the low price point. ACA500 is expecting to be the one and only slave on the 68020 bus, and Mediator would be the second slave, which is not covered in my design. There will most probably be bus contention on multiple control lines, with an increased likelihood of damage on either side (ACA500 and Mediator). In other words: Better don't try it.

Jens
I plan to try with Blizzard PPC and GREX PCI

Let's hope the whole thing don't explode
Old 19 July 2012, 01:52   #71
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Quote:
... teehehehe..... =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
I plan to try with Blizzard PPC and GREX PCI

Let's hope the whole thing don't explode
I shall bring the beer, the hot-dogs... and in case it really hits the fan.... the marshmallows =D
Old 19 July 2012, 02:08   #72
Analyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
It doesn't depend on him but on the resellers... for what I've seen you can have a magazine as a gift, perhaps some stickers... dunno.
Yes, they could make somekind of offer for buying 3 new products, although it wasn't more than a magazine or two.
No, no, I was just kidding (hence the two smileys). I think the price is actually remarkably cheap. As it looks now, I definitely will buy the BigRam+ to add some extra memory to my fairly stock A4000.

Old 19 July 2012, 06:24   #73
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
pictures, pictures and perhaps some video with sound too pleas

am so glad I can actual say I`ve met jens and got his autograph hehehehe even if I can`t afford the kit

as ever kudos
Old 19 July 2012, 12:51   #74
OldB0y

Any chance of something for the CD32? eg, somthing like the old SX32, that gives the CD32 all of the standard A1200 connectors. Additionally, provision for internal IDE (or maybe simply a CF/SD card slot poking out the back of it etc thats bootable) and an internal connector for one of the A1200 ACA accelerator cards?? (I am of course assuming that said ACA card would physically fit inside the CD32....)

That would make for a great whdload machine IMO.

I think there may be a market for this, as CD32 expansions are rarer than the proverbial rocking horse poop. Also when they do come up for sale they are usually ridiculously expensive.
Old 19 July 2012, 12:54   #75
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfrog View Post
pictures, pictures and perhaps some video with sound too pleas

am so glad I can actual say I`ve met jens and got his autograph hehehehe even if I can`t afford the kit

as ever kudos
lol, no new hardware for you, else we see magic smoke, .
Still have visions of you, trying to push the smoke back into an IC. Makes me chuckle, .

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldB0y View Post
Any chance of something for the CD32? eg, somthing like the old SX32, that gives the CD32 all of the standard A1200 connectors. Additionally, provision for internal IDE (or maybe simply a CF/SD card slot poking out the back of it etc thats bootable) and an internal connector for one of the A1200 ACA accelerator cards?? (I am of course assuming that said ACA card would physically fit inside the CD32....)

That would make for a great whdload machine IMO.

I think there may be a market for this, as CD32 expansions are rarer than the proverbial rocking horse poop. Also when they do come up for sale they are usually ridiculously expensive.
From my last dicussion with Jens on this, he felt there wasnt a big enough market to make it viable.
Hell I would be happy with HDD header and 8MB attachment. As you can use lyra for keyboard. Would basically make it into a decent A1200 like machiine.
Old 19 July 2012, 14:09   #76
OldB0y

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
From my last dicussion with Jens on this, he felt there wasnt a big enough market to make it viable.
Hell I would be happy with HDD header and 8MB attachment. As you can use lyra for keyboard. Would basically make it into a decent A1200 like machiine.
Really? I find that surprising, I'd have thought there would be more of a market for some kind of CD32 expansion than for expansions for the A600 to be honest. I for one certainly hope he changes his mind.
Old 19 July 2012, 14:10   #77
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

The reason I havent bought a CD32 is the lack of expansions... so if he made some?
Old 19 July 2012, 14:13   #78
Riempie
Amiga freak

I have a CD32 with no expansion at all. I'm having doubts to buy the Indy MK2 for it. I would buy this instantly if I knew I could also add an HD and some extra memory. Now I probably leave it as it is...

Last edited by Riempie; 19 July 2012 at 14:49.
Old 19 July 2012, 14:28   #79
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
magic some I will catch it and reapropiate it hehehe

if jens has his own tooling things now can`t he at least do a run of CD32 expansion connectors then atleast other ppl will be able to have a go at making something for the 32
Old 19 July 2012, 14:35   #80
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails

CD32 could be a fine market for a low cost RAM + IDE (CF) expansion. Even greater market if it would add A1200 edge connector for expansions (like ACA500). So I wouldn't say it's impossible. Just Jens is working overtime with all this goodies He'll come to this eventually.