English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 02 October 2008, 11:58   #441
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

I've tried it all man...that black "bar" across the bottom just won't go away.

It's evident during boot, right from start-up.

Very puzzling indeed

PZ.
Old 02 October 2008, 12:10   #442
TheCorfiot
Amibay Senior Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingerlickin_B View Post
I've tried it all man...that black "bar" across the bottom just won't go away.

It's evident during boot, right from start-up.

Very puzzling indeed

PZ.

mmmm, I'm using a CRT with mine, I don't feel the urge to go TFT on my miggy yet
Old 02 October 2008, 12:39   #443
Oliver_A
Soldering Ironman

Quote:
I didn't have this problem before upgrading, but I was using a different monitor (see the bottom of the screen):
I am a bit confused now. You didn't have this problem AND you used a different monitor with V1.0? Then how would you know that V1.0 fixes it with the new monitor?

With V1.1, you can adjust the display position using the config tool:

http://siliconsonic.de/t/bin/Indivision_Config_V09.lha

And please, next time, before just asking where to get earlier versions of the flash tool, post WHY you want to downgrade, what problems you have.
I can only fix those problems when I know about them. I don't have every possible display setup present here to check it, that's why I am relying on bug reports.
Old 02 October 2008, 13:42   #444
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

I don't know that it fixes it.

BUT, I tested the previous monitor & it fails too...so I'd just like to test with v1.0.

I thought that it was made clear why I wanted to try downgrading, sorry for the confusion.

BTW, I got ClassicWB with HighGFX to fill the screen eventually, but that's not my concern...games, it does it when playing games.

Will report back with anything I can find. Not picking fault, just trying to sort it out

The configuration tool cannot go beyond the black "brick wall".

PZ.

Last edited by Fingerlickin_B; 02 October 2008 at 14:11.
Old 02 October 2008, 15:22   #445
pbareges

if found this black block issue happening with scanfactor x1.25 (for 60hz rendering of 50hz screeenmodes) but since my monitor is able to sync to 50hz i set the scanfactor to x1 (with latest firmware 1.1 and latest config tool 0.9) and it solved the issue.
Old 02 October 2008, 18:40   #446
TheCorfiot
Amibay Senior Staff

@fingers

It''s in the Zone Mate

TC
Old 03 October 2008, 00:26   #447
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorfiot View Post
@fingers

It''s in the Zone Mate

TC
Thank you kindly my good friend!

Now I'm the one at work...will try it out tonight

PZ.
Old 03 October 2008, 02:17   #448
Oliver_A
Soldering Ironman

I have a new alpha update ready, which fixes a few bugs, and now you can also use the other HD720 modes from the HighGFX package. It would be cool if you could test it. I also changed the parameters for the standard HighGFX modes, so I would really like to know if I broke something with it.

The update is here:

http://www.a1k.org/download/sonst/oliver/ivflash12c.bin
Old 03 October 2008, 02:22   #449
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

More testing for tonight then

We all thank you!

PZ.
Old 03 October 2008, 07:45   #450
illy5603

Send a message via MSN to illy5603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_A View Post
I have a new alpha update ready, which fixes a few bugs, and now you can also use the other HD720 modes from the HighGFX package. It would be cool if you could test it. I also changed the parameters for the standard HighGFX modes, so I would really like to know if I broke something with it.

The update is here:

None of the HD720 modes work on my monitor which has a default resolution of 1280X768 and probably doesn't support 720 so no big deal. Would be nice to have a mode for my monitor though. The update moved my highfx 1024X768 graphics around on my screen and created pixel clock issues that I can't work out. Well technically it didn't create the pixel clock issues as I had them before but was able to adjust the monitor to fix it. With this update the is no setting for phase or pixel clock that looks good. MOIRE in monitor test looks like the wave surface of the ocean.

The Indivision AGA config tool still doesn't affect anything on my screen no matter what I change the settings to. Even turning scanlines on does nothing.

I also have to leave my Amiga off for about 3 minutes between reboots or I will get no signal to my monitor.

Are these being tested on NTSC systems? I can't even get my indivision board to boot back up in "NTSC" mode. But like I said, no changes stick in the indivision config for me.

Last edited by illy5603; 03 October 2008 at 08:03.
Old 03 October 2008, 10:34   #451
TheCorfiot
Amibay Senior Staff

Quote:

The update is here:

Oliver,

Firstly my thanks to both you & Jens for a superb product & many thanks for supporting our favourite platform.

Regarding your monitoring the forums for bug reports, Have you acknowledged that any of the issues here are "real" issues & things you are looking to fix,

For me the "Reset" issue is a problem which many people have reported but we have had no confirmation to say whether we live with it or it can be fixed.

I personally would really appreciate your feedback on our reporting and maybe some Work in progress update's from yourself.
Maybe even your views on the "Different LISA" fitting stability that some people have found.

Again many thanks for a wondefull piece of kit, I certainly will be getting another soon.

Best Regards
TC
Old 03 October 2008, 14:03   #452
Oliver_A
Soldering Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorfiot View Post
For me the "Reset" issue is a problem which many people have reported but we have had no confirmation to say whether we live with it or it can be fixed.
Have you tried connecting GND of your VGA cable with GND on your Amiga?

Quote:
Maybe even your views on the "Different LISA" fitting stability that some people have found.
My view is that we (obviously) did not anticipate this problem, which, in future production runs, will probably require more manual hand work on the sockets than we already did.

Of course I have to mention that I am mainly the FPGA logic designer, and I personally can't comment on everything. I'm just here to check out bugs in the FPGA core. This is something I do completely in my free time.

The best way to reach Jens, who designed the board, is to E-Mail him. Check out http://www.icomp.de/indexe.htm. He said to me that he is also reading this board, so maybe he will post here, too.
Old 03 October 2008, 14:13   #453
Oliver_A
Soldering Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by illy5603 View Post
The Indivision AGA config tool still doesn't affect anything on my screen no matter what I change the settings to. Even turning scanlines on does nothing.
Scanlines only work in PAL/NTSC noninterlaced modes. The change of display settings will not be visible unless you set "Use Display Timing" to "from User Settings" and choose your screen mode in the User Display Properties using "Next Mode".
Old 03 October 2008, 14:23   #454
TheCorfiot
Amibay Senior Staff

@Oliver

Thank you for your response, and do appreciate your ongoing firmware development. It will continue to improve the Indivision AGA

I grounded the VGA connector to the GND of my A1200 via the mouse port during first installation.
The Reset issue has been mentioned by quite a few people & would like yours or Jens' explanation or ideas of what may be causing it, Is it something you maybe able to fix via firmware upgrade.

Regarding the "LISA" fitting maybe you & Jen's can recomend a method of fixing the Indivision socket to LISA to provide a semi-permanent but stable installation without damage to chip or socket.
All suggestions are always welcome.

Best Regards

TC
Old 03 October 2008, 14:24   #455
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

Well, I tried everything provided thus far and can't get rid of that "black block".

I'm thinking it's related to the monitor's aspect ratio (is that what it's called with computers?).

Anyway, I don't really care anymore, as I've managed to get a good image & stretching it to fit this monitor is no longer an issue so far as I'm concerned.

Thanks to everyone, product developers, EAB dudes, everyone! I've saved every file provided, so if I or anyone else ever needs them they are in my archive

PZ.
Old 03 October 2008, 14:28   #456
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

@TC

I once purchased some double sided tape from a newsagency that was so thin it was translucent, yet it stuck like buggery...maybe you should look for something like that to keep it held on?

Dunno though, just an idea

PZ.
Old 03 October 2008, 14:28   #457
pbareges

Quote:
Have you tried connecting GND of your VGA cable with GND on your Amiga?
hi there...as i reported earlier here and to jens, connecting GND greatly enhanced image stability on my LCD but it did not solve the reset issue which is that most resets work fine (ie indivision applies saved settings after reboot) but some software or quick resets (short pressure on ctrl+A+A combination) reset indivision to factory defaults after reboot....once again, as simply launching config tool fixes these faulty reboots, i would be more than happy with a simple exec to be put in startup-sequence that replicate config tool initialisation process.

thanks in advance for your great work!
Old 03 October 2008, 14:35   #458
TheCorfiot
Amibay Senior Staff

Quote:
@TC

I once purchased some double sided tape from a newsagency that was so thin it was translucent, yet it stuck like buggery...maybe you should look for something like that to keep it held on?

Dunno though, just an idea

PZ.
Cheers for the input fingers much appreciated, I guess what I'm pushing for is a "standard" approved fix by Jens which may even be supplied with future Indivisions in the Box (as well as that darn VGA Mount ) & easily retrofitted by existing owners ie no home hackery or bodges but an installation method suitable for all users & Mobo revisions.
That will put the icing on the cake in my opinion, A Truly Professional product with a proven track record.

TC
Old 03 October 2008, 15:03   #459
Oliver_A
Soldering Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbareges View Post
hi there...as i reported earlier here and to jens, connecting GND greatly enhanced image stability on my LCD but it did not solve the reset issue which is that most resets work fine (ie indivision applies saved settings after reboot) but some software or quick resets (short pressure on ctrl+A+A combination) reset indivision to factory defaults after reboot....
Is, in any case, the logo ALWAYS displayed on boot-up?
Old 03 October 2008, 15:19   #460
TheCorfiot
Amibay Senior Staff

Quote:
Is, in any case, the logo ALWAYS displayed on boot-up?
If you reboot the A1200, with 3 key's held down less < 2 Sec, No Video output appears at all & the Monitor reverts to standby mode.

IF A1200 require Powercycle at anytime then PSU must remain off for at least 1 Minute or Indivision fails to Output any display or switch monitor on.

Hope this explains the symptoms.
TC