English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 09 July 2008, 02:21   #21
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

I haven't really a better direct connection to Psygore than you. Ask him via pm if it's possible, he's a nice guy.

Or open another Thread in this forum section and request a patch. Maybe another slave coder lurks in and offer his help, who knows.
Old 09 July 2008, 04:28   #22
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
@KG : I'll put it another way : There are far more ordinary Scotch Whiskys (like the brand most people drink in discos) than Irish Whiskeys.
So I consider it wiser to pick up a bottle of Irish Whiskey if you're not a connoisseur.

@Retro-Nerd : It's hard to believe he's just that ordinary nice guy.
In my mind, he should be compared with some kind of Shiva deity, gifted with 8 hands, or with a multiple identities bearing superhero, like Flash.

By the way, it could be an idea to make the CD audio tracks from VOD MS-DOS version available to download as mp3s, for Amiga VOD player's ears pleasure.

EDIT : The "soundtrack" of VoD is available on my web site. Thanks Retro-Nerd !

Last edited by NewDeli; 11 July 2008 at 15:15.
Old 09 July 2008, 11:52   #23
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleauvive View Post
By the way, it could be an idea to make the CD audio tracks from VOD MS-DOS version available to download as mp3s, for Amiga VOD player's ears pleasure.
Do you have them as MP3s? Never heard the CD tracks. Are they really good or just 'polished' versions of the Amiga tracks? Anyway would be nice if anybody can share them
Old 09 July 2008, 17:51   #24
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Well, my German Christoph Kolumbus CD contains 29 tracks. Most of them are ship descriptions with German speech or short music snippets.

But there are a few tracks with beautiful music. I'm just ripping this tracks, stay tuned.
Old 09 July 2008, 17:55   #25
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Well, my German Christoph Kolumbus CD contains 29 tracks. Most of them are ship descriptions with German speech or short music snippets.

But there are a few tracks with beautiful music. I'm just ripping this tracks, stay tuned.
Thanks Retro
Old 09 July 2008, 18:44   #26
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Done!!!

Code:
http://.com/files/128417093/Kolumbus-VOD.rar
Old 09 July 2008, 18:45   #27
Shoonay
Global Caturator

god bless you sir!

all'ya!
Old 09 July 2008, 21:32   #28
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Done!!!
Nice tracks! Only four but good ones. Reminds me a bit of the 'Das schwarze Auge' CD tracks. Thanks again for sharing Retro!
Old 12 September 2008, 00:38   #29
NewDeli
Banned

Hi,

I just updated the Preinstalled HD version of Voyages of Discovery to netcomet.info ENG Download Pad. This one doesn't need the assign script anymore, since it was entirely installed with the provided installer (which doesn't work from my workbenches for mysterious reasons).

I can upload the German version if you're interested, but I wasn't able to try it with my setup.

If someone, anyone has a working original English version of this game, AGA or not, please let us know. The differences in the crunching routines from both versions seem to obliterate the idea of exchanging the resources files in order to get an unaltered English version out of the German version.

(if you don't understand, don't worry, I am making comments to myself )

Last edited by NewDeli; 12 September 2008 at 05:01.
Old 29 November 2008, 00:16   #30
NewDeli
Banned

Hi,

Hope you don't mind the "upping" of my July request, but as JOTD seems to be "back dans les bacs"* for good, I'd like him to examine the opportunity of WHDf'ying this game.

"Voyages" is one of the very few good counterparts to Civilization, and it stayed in the shadow of Sid Meyer's game for much too long, plus it has a great soundtrack, as Retro-Nerd pointed out. I am sure many, many gamers would enjoy rediscovering this fine Civ-like (and pirates-like), via a WHDload installer.

* "back dans les bacs" is our most famous rappers duo word to indicate they will be present in music stores, again with their new album on the shelves
Old 30 November 2008, 18:20   #31
DamienD
Banned

Seriously Deleauvive, can you please stop posting / deleting / reposting the exact same thing in this thread every few days. That's 4 times now...

Why are you doing this??? I'm sure whoever's attention you are trying to get will eventually read your post...
Old 26 April 2010, 02:05   #32
NewDeli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath View Post
Voyages of Discovery is not AGA enhanced
Agreed (yeah, it took a while before I realized). Kolumbus is the one which received the AGA blessing.
Not too sure why they did that, especially since the German version was released first . Neither was it made with lowering number of disks (6 VS 4) to swap in mind, since the game bears an installer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath View Post
why you'd go looking at EAGER anyway for information.
Some reviews for a few "forgotten gems" are fine reads (Gravity...). Anyway, the claim that VoD is both AGA and ECS time is false. Eventually, it's up to Eager's author to edit the datasheet of this particular game accordingly (btw, seems the site is down as of now).